Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 74

post #1096 of 7563
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Will mrspeakers hold a loaner tour for that too?

LOL-we got some sick puppies in here tonight

post #1097 of 7563

Let the boys be boys, I say!

post #1098 of 7563
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Will mrspeakers hold a loaner tour for that too?

 

World's first 3D printed girlfriend on a loaner tour.

 

Those late in the queue might not enjoy it so much.

post #1099 of 7563
Quote:
Originally Posted by x838nwy View Post

 

World's first 3D printed girlfriend on a loaner tour.

 

Those late in the queue might not enjoy it so much.

HAHAHAHAHA tongue.gif

 

That is just too funny!!

post #1100 of 7563

Doesn't matter, had sex tongue.gif

 

post #1101 of 7563

I think I know the answer, but is it possible to have the Alpha Dog mod done and keep the Shure pads? I'm using the Mad Dogs now and I much prefer these pads.

 

I do welcome a more neutral sound. I have the excess bass on the Mad Dogs EQed out, but low mids still feel somewhat recessed.

post #1102 of 7563
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfishX View Post

I think I know the answer, but is it possible to have the Alpha Dog mod done and keep the Shure pads? I'm using the Mad Dogs now and I much prefer these pads.

 

I do welcome a more neutral sound. I have the excess bass on the Mad Dogs EQed out, but low mids still feel somewhat recessed.

The Alpha Dog is tuned to work with the Alpha Pads.  If you use the Shure Pads, then it will sound different, and will therefore not be neutral.

 

If you really wanted an Alpha Dog with Shure Pads, I predict that they would a) make you wait until the first wave of upgrades is done, and b) make you state explicitly that you understand that the result will not be "correct" (because I assume that they are not setup to do a different tuning for different pads).   But I could be wrong, and you will need to ask Dan after September 2nd.

post #1103 of 7563
Quote:
Originally Posted by x838nwy View Post

World's first 3D printed girlfriend on a loaner tour.

 

Those late in the queue might not enjoy it so much.

There is something similar in the Arnold movie "Sixth Day" (which by the way is one of the most underrated movies ever).

post #1104 of 7563
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfishX View Post

I think I know the answer, but is it possible to have the Alpha Dog mod done and keep the Shure pads? I'm using the Mad Dogs now and I much prefer these pads.

 

I do welcome a more neutral sound. I have the excess bass on the Mad Dogs EQed out, but low mids still feel somewhat recessed.

 

since they dont use the shure pads to make the alpha pads Im sure you would be able to send it in without pads and roll em.

 

thats what I plan on doing. Its a hobby after all so the more options the better.

post #1105 of 7563

These ship at the end of September right?

post #1106 of 7563

I have a self modded T50rp with the Alpha pads. Any idea how much it would cost me to send these in for an upgrade?

post #1107 of 7563
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfishX View Post

I think I know the answer, but is it possible to have the Alpha Dog mod done and keep the Shure pads? I'm using the Mad Dogs now and I much prefer these pads.

 

I do welcome a more neutral sound. I have the excess bass on the Mad Dogs EQed out, but low mids still feel somewhat recessed.

Further answer after reading their web site - you will certainly be able to send them in, and then you would be charged $60 for the Alpha Pads and $300 for the upgrade.   When you received them back, you could then switch back to the Shure pads (and perhaps even sell the Alpha Pads as new unused).

 

BUT, the headphones would be "tuned" for the Alpha Pads.   Dan would have to answer as to whether he will ever tune any Alpha Dogs to use other pads - I tend to doubt it.

post #1108 of 7563
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb View Post

I have a self modded T50rp with the Alpha pads. Any idea how much it would cost me to send these in for an upgrade?

Perhaps Dan may decide to give special upgrades for this situation.   However, the wording on the upgrades indicates that you are getting a credit for what you paid to MrSpeakers previously.   Since only the Alpha Pads came from MrSpeakers, you would only get a $60 discount, i.e. $540 cost.

 

Notice that the web site does not offer upgrades from T50RPs to Mad Dogs, so there is no reason to expect that he will do so for Alpha Dog upgrades.


Edited by kstuart - 8/29/13 at 11:28am
post #1109 of 7563
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstuart View Post

Dan may give special upgrades for this situation.   However, the wording on the upgrades indicates that you are getting a credit for what you paid to MrSpeakers previously.   Since only the Alpha Pads came from MrSpeakers, you would only get a $60 discount, i.e. $540 cost.

 

Notice that the web site does not offer upgrades from T50RPs to Mad Dogs, so there is no reason to expect that he will do so for Alpha Dog upgrades.

Actually I thought he said He wasn't accepting modded fostex previously in this thread.

post #1110 of 7563

I had that question earlier

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones