Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Over-ear headphones with nice bass under 50€/$?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Over-ear headphones with nice bass under 50€/$?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

My Panasonic RP-HTF295 broke so I want to buy a new pair of headphones. I want to use them on my PC and mobile phone, mostly for listening to music. The music I listen to is electronic (dubstep), so I need to have a good and clear bass, but also not too much. I also don't want ones with a lot of impedance, to be able to listen to them well on my phone and PC without an amplifier. Any ideas?


Edited by mocoheavy - 8/8/13 at 3:34pm
post #2 of 10

That's easy, the sony XB500 :) A lot of bass and for the price they are actually very decent headphones.

 

They have stopped producing them recently if I'm not mistaken, but you can still find them on on-line stores like amazon for example. 

post #3 of 10

Over-ear :

Takstar HD2000 has punchy but not overwhelming bass. A Sansa Clip can easily drive it.

You can find the HD2000 in the EU under several names like Invotone Hd2000, LD Systems HP700, Stagg SHP5000H.

 

Other good alternatives are the Superlux HD681 EVO and Panasonic RP-HTF600. The last one is a basshead can with 50ohm impedance.

post #4 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorieno View Post

Over-ear :

Takstar HD2000 has punchy but not overwhelming bass. A Sansa Clip can easily drive it.

You can find the HD2000 in the EU under several names like Invotone Hd2000, LD Systems HP700, Stagg SHP5000H.

 

Other good alternatives are the Superlux HD681 EVO and Panasonic RP-HTF600. The last one is a basshead can with 50ohm impedance.

I could't find those headphones with a good price or cheap shipping. Any other idea?

post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocoheavy View Post

I could't find those headphones with a good price or cheap shipping. Any other idea?


Where do you want to buy your headphones(country/shop)?

The HD2000 clones will not break your budget (30-40EUR).

post #6 of 10
AKG K518 LE, if you are willing to do a little light modding.
post #7 of 10

Superlux HD-330, really good headphones and not just for the price.
 

post #8 of 10
Quote:
Superlux HD-330, really good headphones and not just for the price.

 

The HD330 doesn't sound good without an amplifier, because it has 150Ohm impedance.

post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorieno View Post

 

The HD330 doesn't sound good without an amplifier, because it has 150Ohm impedance.

 



The HD330 goes loud enough when connected to my humble laptops internal sound card.

On the other hand the 32 Ohm Grados are only slightly louder compared to the HD330 when connected to a smartphone before distortions occurs because a smartphones internal headphone amplifier is current limited.

 

IMHO the only way to get "realistic" sound levels out of a smartphone without an external amp is to use IEMs with very low impedance and high efficiency, something like the 11 Ohm SuperFi 5EB.

post #10 of 10

I've just purchased a modded HD-330 from a French guy.

FWIW, I can tell you it sounds very good without an amp on decent devices (cellulars may not be enough though). You'll have nice round bass, not so clear and heavy but still honest.

For sure it will be better with an amp (far better with a good one...), but you can considering it as a future upgrade.

 

Beside that, I can't tell about the original HD-330 comfort, as mine was modded...


Edited by G600 - 9/27/13 at 5:11am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Over-ear headphones with nice bass under 50€/$?