Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Jaybird Bluebuds X bluetooth IEM's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Jaybird Bluebuds X bluetooth IEM's - Page 2

post #16 of 64

I could be wrong. Mine are dead right now and I haven't used them in a bit plus the phone is always stashed somewhere so I don't see it. That's the point. I'll do a quick charge and be back.

post #17 of 64

No they don't affect the phone's volume. They only control their own amp. Nothing happens on the phone when you go volume up or down. I have an HTC One. I suppose it could differ with other phones??


Edited by AladdinSane - 8/27/13 at 11:21pm
post #18 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklyflea View Post
 

No they don't affect the phone's volume. They only control their own amp. Nothing happens on the phone when you go volume up or down. I have an HTC One. I suppose it could differ with other phones??

 

 

I have the Samsung Galaxy s4 and they don't work as well  with volume up or down. It controls the volumes amp and not the phone so I just put it on max on my phone and control the sound through the headset instead

post #19 of 64

I had the Jaybirds X for a couple of weeks and returned them.  I'm in graduate school, and I can't buy toys like I used to do.  They sounded really good, loud and powerful.  I also liked the battery life on these, which is a lot more important than you think.  I keep going from my UE Triple 10's and back to these and can hear a little difference because the Triple 10's separate the music better.  But, it's so nice to not get the cord stuck everywhere.  The thing I don't understand is why these bluetooth buds (plantronics, jaybird, etc) use these grippy flat cords.  Why can't they use a slick covering that won't get caught in your shirt.  Every time I would turn, the headphone would tug a little bit.  HERE'S something I recommend instead of these $140-170 Headphone.  I just got a pair of Audiosync Bluetooth headphones for $44.  http://amzn.com/B00E9LRH2K  They do everything the Jaybird's do, but they are a lot cheaper.  The only thing I dislike about the Audiosync is the button for volume/pause/etc.

post #20 of 64
I tried those and Meh sound quality is Meh along with battery. I tried the bluebud x down and didn't have a problem and currently using them above ear and have no issues
post #21 of 64
Wow, the Comply tips are awesome. Great improvement. In combo with all FLAC files and Neutron player on my HTC One, I am blown away by how good the Bluebuds sound.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
post #22 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklyflea View Post

Wow, the Comply tips are awesome. Great improvement. In combo with all FLAC files and Neutron player on my HTC One, I am blown away by how good the Bluebuds sound.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

 

 

 

They sound great but I honestly going to back to the silicone tips that came with the bluebud x.... They literally lasted about 2 weeks before they broke and would then have to use my 2nd pair at about 20 dollars for 3 pairs each time a 2 week lifetime isn't worth the better sound at all. I am using the Comply Tsx 500 which have the wax guard in them which feels great as well in my ears


Edited by Closingracer - 9/27/13 at 12:40pm
post #23 of 64
Hope mine last longer than that! I have the same tips.
post #24 of 64

I just got mine a few days ago. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the sound quality. I wasn’t expecting it to be all that good since I’ve got a pair of Philips bluetooth headphones and the sound was a bit tinny and flat to be frank. And an earlier purchase, a Sony bluetooth clip,has background hiss which irritated me more the more I used it.


But these things sound great. Sure, they don’t measure up to my custom IEMs, but until people start making Bluetooth customs, these Jaybirds will likely be my go-to earphones for the commute. That's more than two hours a day, which makes them well worth the price.

 

One thing, though, is that I’m fast realizing that the under-ear fit isn’t cutting it at all. With the cable hanging loose round the back on my neck, I’m actually getting more cable noise.

 

So I’m going to switch to over-the-ear, and see how that goes.

post #25 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkalee View Post

I just got mine a few days ago. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the sound quality. I wasn’t expecting it to be all that good since I’ve got a pair of Philips bluetooth headphones and the sound was a bit tinny and flat to be frank. And an earlier purchase, a Sony bluetooth clip,has background hiss which irritated me more the more I used it.


But these things sound great. Sure, they don’t measure up to my custom IEMs, but until people start making Bluetooth customs, these Jaybirds will likely be my go-to earphones for the commute. That's more than two hours a day, which makes them well worth the price.

One thing, though, is that I’m fast realizing that the under-ear fit isn’t cutting it at all. With the cable hanging loose round the back on my neck, I’m actually getting more cable noise.

So I’m going to switch to over-the-ear, and see how that goes.


Under the ear does give more cable noise ( I don't mind it) but over the ear does stop it
post #26 of 64

just take one side out and the length is perfect when you are using the over the ear option.

post #27 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by loft View Post

ZMan2k2, I wanna ask you something that's not clear for me. The volume buttons on these IEM's control the local amplifier, not the Bluetooth volume, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklyflea View Post

Yes, the volume buttons control the Bluebird's amp, not the phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklyflea View Post

No they don't affect the phone's volume. They only control their own amp. Nothing happens on the phone when you go volume up or down. I have an HTC One. I suppose it could differ with other phones??

Just picked up a pair of these and it looks like on my Galaxy S4, the volume is amp only. However, on my iPod Touch it does move the volume on the iPod up and down.

Also, am I to understand this correctly that switching from over ear to under ear switches the left and right channels? The device actually knows which way they're in and adjusts the channels accordingly?!?
post #28 of 64

Interesting. I did not do over ear and I don't recall reading anything about or experiencing the channels reversing. I think you just flip the same ear bud over so no need. 

post #29 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklyflea View Post

Interesting. I did not do over ear and I don't recall reading anything about or experiencing the channels reversing. I think you just flip the same ear bud over so no need. 

Yeah, it says for under ear to make sure the controls are on the right side. For over ear, the controls have to be on the left side to maintain the angle of the port so that it's facing the way your ear canal curves. But they don't explain whether or not the channels change - I'm assuming it does. I guess I need to test it out with actual audio.
post #30 of 64

Try it! Mt Bluebuds have been lonely since I got my DX50 (no Bluetooth). The need someone to give them some attention!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Jaybird Bluebuds X bluetooth IEM's