Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Need some comfortable IEM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need some comfortable IEM - Page 3

post #31 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Muffinz View Post

What does Pfe mean?

is the GR07 MK2's bulky?

do they protrude a lot from your ears? 

would you recommend them for the gym? 

I'm planning on using them at the gym so I need a good amount of isolation,  I at least don't want to disturb them becasue they can hear what I'm listening too.
Phonak PFE 1xx
Not really bulky & don't protrude
I use junk IEMs at the gym because I don't want to sweat on or break my stuff
No matter how much sound is leaked no ones cares in a gym. Weights are 10000x louder than your iem (which has a seal in your ear).
post #32 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenlongs View Post


Phonak PFE 1xx
Not really bulky & don't protrude
I use junk IEMs at the gym because I don't want to sweat on or break my stuff
No matter how much sound is leaked no ones cares in a gym. Weights are 10000x louder than your iem (which has a seal in your ear).

Do you think I could potentially destroy the SE215LTD's by using them at the gym? 

 

I want a reasonably good pair just because I don't want to have to buy two pairs of earphones. one pair to use for the gym and another pair to use when I'm not at the gym becasue I only really use IEM's when I'm at the gym and every now and then so i won't be getting my moneys worth out of them by buying 2 pairs.

 

I'm more leaning towards the SE215's because I don't know what the return policies are like for international customers at lendmeurears.com becasue I can't access it on the website. 

post #33 of 44
Do you have a music store near you? Like a guitar shop? They will likely carry the shures and you can try them for yourself.
post #34 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Muffinz View Post

Do you think I could potentially destroy the SE215LTD's by using them at the gym? 

I want a reasonably good pair just because I don't want to have to buy two pairs of earphones. one pair to use for the gym and another pair to use when I'm not at the gym becasue I only really use IEM's when I'm at the gym and every now and then so i won't be getting my moneys worth out of them by buying 2 pairs.

I'm more leaning towards the SE215's because I don't know what the return policies are like for international customers at lendmeurears.com becasue I can't access it on the website. 
se215 has the best build quality I've seen. I used them while exercising, and they didn't break.
post #35 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post


se215 has the best build quality I've seen. I used them while exercising, and they didn't break.

That's great to hear! 

could I potentially destroy them from sweat? 

I don't sweat a lot, not as much others I don't think. I guess you'd know if you sweat heaps. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenlongs View Post

Do you have a music store near you? Like a guitar shop? They will likely carry the shures and you can try them for yourself.

Unfortunately not. 

 

I could ask one local store to order a unit it but I might be charged more than $119 which is what addictedtoaudio.com.au is offering. 

 

From what knowledge I know from the rules and regulations I don't think your allowed to try IEMs before you buy becasue of hygiene concerns. 

post #36 of 44
Thread Starter 
Should I upgrade the Shure SE215LTD to the SE315's?

addictedtoaudio.com.au is selling the SE315's for $175. The SE215LTD's are $119.
post #37 of 44
Thread Starter 
Bump!
post #38 of 44
Jumping from 100ish to 200ish you need to consider many other contenders, not to mention you could buy higher in the shure line for a used pair.

Here's the most important part though... If you have intentions of upgrading in the future and you spend a lot of time of headfi reading stuff, I'm going to be honest with you here: you will blow a lot more cash on potentially more expensive headphones anyways! Headfi is like that.

That being said if its your first time buying IEMs, your first pair will serve as a good reference point and will steer your in the right direction for future purchases. If you want to blow a lot of cash, go for it but make sure you will like it! There's always the next in line in terms of upgrades. smily_headphones1.gif
post #39 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Muffinz View Post

Should I upgrade the Shure SE215LTD to the SE315's?

addictedtoaudio.com.au is selling the SE315's for $175. The SE215LTD's are $119.

Depends. SE315 is very mid centric, and has extremely rolled off treble and bass. However, it does have really good mids that competes with SE535. SE215LTD has much more present and extended bass and treble.

post #40 of 44
Thread Starter 

I have ordered a pair of Shure SE215LTD's for $119. It should arrive by today (22nd) or tomorrow (23rd) here in Australia. 

post #41 of 44

I just got a pair of Meelectronics A151p, their super comfy and light. I hear Westone UM1 are also great for comfort too. Both sound great as well.

post #42 of 44
Thread Starter 

I received my SE215LTD's today and my first impressions are that they sound better to my ears than the UE700's that I own. 

 

to my ears the UE700's are really detailed and analytical in the highs to the point that it's too unnatural and tingy and that was what made my ears get irated and sore.

 

the comfort on the SE215's are pretty good from a minimal amount of time using these so far and I can't see them popping out of my ears as easily as my UE700's did, defiantly better than the UE700's in my opinion becasue they made my ears sore and red once again. 

 

the cable length is satisfactory,maybe a bit on the short side but I won't be sure of it until I use these out and about. 

 

Build quality wise they already seem a lot more durable than my UE700's and it's quite amazing that for this price point they also have a detachable cable. The silver coating on the UE700's peels off quite easily with little abuse and that frustrated me immensely.


Edited by Fluffy Muffinz - 8/23/13 at 4:30am
post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Muffinz View Post

I received my SE215LTD's today and my first impressions are that they sound better to my ears than the UE700's that I own. 

 

to my ears the UE700's are really detailed and analytical in the highs to the point that it's too unnatural and tingy and that was what made my ears get irated and sore.

 

the comfort on the SE215's are pretty good from a minimal amount of time using these so far and I can't see them popping out of my ears as easily as my UE700's did, defiantly better than the UE700's in my opinion becasue they made my ears sore and red once again. 

 

the cable length is satisfactory,maybe a bit on the short side but I won't be sure of it until I use these out and about. 

 

Build quality wise they already seem a lot more durable than my UE700's and it's quite amazing that for this price point they also have a detachable cable. The silver coating on the UE700's peels off quite easily with little abuse and that frustrated me immensely.

Great that you are liking them. They are a great pair of iem.

post #44 of 44
Thread Starter 

Just an update. 

 

I accidentally broke my shure cable by cleaning them..yep. the gold ring on the cable popped out which is the part that locks the earpiece securely into the cable. I should be getting a new complete pair becasue the company (addictedtoaudio) told me that the special edition cable isn't sold separately in Australia, the have requested an order but there's no ETA and I might be waiting for ever. 

 

Iv'e used the SE215LTD's at the gym for a couple of weeks now and they isolate really really well, I have to literally take my earphones out of my ears if someone is trying to talk to me..even at low volumes. It's kinda annoying having to take my earphones out every time some random is trying to get my attention to ask whether I'm using something or not because being an around the ear style it takes a bit more effort to put them on.

 

also Im kinda paranoid that I may cause damage to the IEMs over time due to sweat. I don't sweat a lot but I do sweat around my forehead, either side of my face and my neck and im making a habit of wiping my face more often. Im considering to buy a pair of Sony XBA-C10's from amazon.jp for the $30ish plus postage which I was considering before.

 

I love my se215's and I don't really want to have to return them, I just won't be using them AS MUCH if I go ahead and get the C10's.  

 

any thoughts??

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Need some comfortable IEM