Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New RHA IEMs: The MA750i and MA600i
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New RHA IEMs: The MA750i and MA600i - Page 27

post #391 of 478

Hey there!

 

Just got my 750i's and I love them! I've never had IEM's that are this comfortable and provide such great sound quality. However, like many other members of this thread, I am experiencing what I think is driver flex in my left side only. When I insert my headphones to my ear canals and push em in, the left side makes this poppy noise. I'm no expert on driver flex, but I think this might be it. Can anyone confirm this?

 

I also had follow up questions about this:

1) Can driver flex damage the headphones in the long run? What are the implications of driver flex?

2) Does RHA provide replacements for this issue?

 

Other then that - LOVE IT

post #392 of 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevey7 View Post
 

Hey there!

 

Just got my 750i's and I love them! I've never had IEM's that are this comfortable and provide such great sound quality. However, like many other members of this thread, I am experiencing what I think is driver flex in my left side only. When I insert my headphones to my ear canals and push em in, the left side makes this poppy noise. I'm no expert on driver flex, but I think this might be it. Can anyone confirm this?

 

I also had follow up questions about this:

1) Can driver flex damage the headphones in the long run? What are the implications of driver flex?

2) Does RHA provide replacements for this issue?

 

Other then that - LOVE IT

Hey Stevey!

Glad you're enjoying the MA750i - we're sorry to hear that you might be experiencing some driver flex, that's not something that should be happening!

Driver flex is something that might possibly impact the sound quality of the IEM much later in the product's lifecycle - there should be no immediate risk to achieving the best sound quality, however we would be more than happy to get your set replaced.

Please don't hesitate to fire our Customer Care team a message - they'll get it sorted asap.

Thanks!

Reply
post #393 of 478

Hi, I am new to this forum and need a pair of IEMs for my commute to work on the train. I came across the MA750i as being highly rated through the IEM headphone guide on here. I had a couple of questions:

 

1. I sometimes wear glasses to work. Is the loop around the ear for the MA750i cause a problem for eye glass wearers or not?

 

2. Will the length and weight of the cable be a potential issue for long commutes? I am hoping to use these with my iPhone 5 and FiiO E12 portable amp.

post #394 of 478

1.  I wear glasses and they aren't an issue.

 

2.  The weight of cables isn't noticeable because of the over the ear design.  I'm not sure if you need short or long cables but they are about average in length.

post #395 of 478

Oh wow.. Kudos to amazon.co.uk. Ordered these on saturday with free super saver delivery. I got my pair today.. IN FINLAND!

 

I have glasses with pretty thick rims and the over the earloop is fine. Have to say I'd rather not have the earloops but I can live with them. 

 

My first decent earplugs were Sony MDR-EX71sl which I liked a lot and was pretty sad when they broke few years back. They worked for 7 years and for the price were pretty damn good. I got Klipsch Image S4 as a replacement and they were pretty nice but was lacking in the bass department for as I listen to quite a bit of trance/house. On Friday they gave up on me. Lost all the lower sounds. Probably wire snap inside. No visible damage :(

 

And even without burn in these MA750 sound pretty damn amazing. 

 

I always compare all headphones and plugs to my Sennheiser HD-25. And these RHA's come pretty darn close. 

post #396 of 478

RHA i want to recommend something, i have 750i and white silicone tips are awful, i don't mean double flanged ear tips, the others, with them 750i sound with harsh lower treble and recessed upper treble, i tried this tips with others IEM and the result is the same - recessed upper treble and forward lower treble, maybe you should reconsider inclusion them on next models because they create a false impression of the sound. I listen 750i with sony hybrid tips and they sound good with them, can't wait to come out next model.

 

I apologize for my bad English.


Edited by presata - 4/3/14 at 4:48pm
post #397 of 478

I find the single flanges to be the best tips.  They offer identical sound to the bi-flanges and are slightly better than the foam tips but with isolation somewhere in between them.  There's a reason why you get more than one kind of tip, not everybody has the same experience with each one.  It could just be that you're not compatible with the single flanges, doesn't mean they are faulty or defective by design.

post #398 of 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by presata View Post
 

RHA i want to recommend something, i have 750i and white silicone tips are awful, i don't mean double flanged ear tips, the others, with them 750i sound with harsh lower treble and recessed upper treble, i tried this tips with others IEM and the result is the same - recessed upper treble and forward lower treble, maybe you should reconsider inclusion them on next models because they create a false impression of the sound. I listen 750i with sony hybrid tips and they sound good with them, can't wait to come out next model.

 

I apologize for my bad English.

Quote:
 I find the single flanges to be the best tips.  They offer identical sound to the bi-flanges and are slightly better than the foam tips but with isolation somewhere in between them.  There's a reason why you get more than one kind of tip, not everybody has the same experience with each one.  It could just be that you're not compatible with the single flanges, doesn't mean they are faulty or defective by design.

 

Thanks Presata and grahamnp, we appreciate the feedback.

 

As grahamnp has said, we include a variety of tips because different users have different responses from different styles and sizes of tip. A few of our team use the foam, some use single flange and others swear by the double flange - it can vary from user to user quite drastically!

I'm glad you've been able to find a tip that sounds good for you! Give us a shout if you have any other feedback, we're always keen to hear people's thoughts on the products.

Reply
post #399 of 478

So after having two pairs of 750's I think my view on the earphones are very much different 

 

Packaging is top notch, build of the earphones themselves are amazing, they feel super high quality. Little touches like the metal that the ear tips come presented on, the carry pouch and overall presentation screams quality.

 

After sorting through my wide range of tips, set on small single flange and foam tips.

Onto how they sound. Well terrible to put it short.

The bass sounds like it is capped at 60Hz, nothing below that is audible. Mid range is far too forward and the treble is super harsh to the point where I cannot listen to them for more than 10 minuets at a go. Overall terrible and to add, the right driver has driver flex.

 

After excellent customer server and reading of more reviews, I got my hands on a second pair and left them to burn in for a full week. Why? What Hi-Fi had similar thoughts with their pair but after a week long burn in sounded like a whole new different pair of earphones, similar to everyone's reviews a solid 8/10 pair of earphones.

 

So here I am a week later, not a single thing has changed, the bass still terrible, mid range has toned down a bit and damn the treble is still so harsh it just hurts.

Just thought I would add my own thoughts. 

(My previous headphones for reference to what sound I am used to: CAL!, ATH M50, HD650 / DTX101ie, Brainwavz M4, Monoprice 8320)

post #400 of 478

you don't have good seal, this iem have very deep and massive bass

post #401 of 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by presata View Post
 

you don't have good seal, this iem have very deep and massive bass

Where I would normally agree with you, but my views mirror what What Hi-Fi first thought about their sample as well as a reader on the innerfidelity review.

I also don't know how I would get a better seal, my own tips I have used for the past 4 years of IEMs which are a perfect seal for me sound exactly the same. Foam tips which seal the outside world from me sound the same, literally every tip I have (50+) sound the same.

Maybe I had gotten two terrible earphones which is not good to hear, especially as one was from RHA themselves! 

post #402 of 478
I need help !! Both tips single and double that fit me broke. What are some other good tips that keeps the sound the same without degrading ? Or make it better ?

No foam !!!
post #403 of 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPO718 View Post

I need help !! Both tips single and double that fit me broke. What are some other good tips that keeps the sound the same without degrading ? Or make it better ?

No foam !!!

I've been using a pair of ortofon tips for a while now and it works very well. To my ears, it helps to reduce the edgy upper mids which was present with the stock tops. Anyway, worth a try but ymmv.
post #404 of 478

I'm using Sony Hybrid tips. They're easier to attach (the stock tips are impossible to a attach for me), and they provide a good seal. And they're not too expensive and can easily be found on Amazon or wherever.

post #405 of 478

Unluckily, I'm on my 3rd pair of RHA MA750i.

 

The first one had a huge amount of flex. I couldn't move the earpiece without the clicking. Also pressure in the ear seemed to change over time and sound was affected. I raised a complain to RHA and it got exchanged... The exchanged and 2nd headset had a very clear imbalance between the left and right hears. I played with the balance on my hifi and it was about 60% off! That one went back to RHA almost immediately.

 

I just received the 3rd pair a couple of days ago. There's again quite some driver flex on the left ear, but nothing as dramatic as the first pair I tested. There's however another new annoyance. There seem to be some sound leakage from the outside to the inside by the tiny hole. While it's not disturbing when one seats in the office, it's quite noticeable outside in the street or, worse, when running. The air makes a huge white noise... I've put some tape onto it and it helps dramatically. The sound is less spacious though... So what to do? Should I send that third pair back? I honestly don't know.

 

Regarding the tips discussion above, my experience is that none of the proposed tips are really working for me.  I think this is due to the orientation of the earpiece, which is set by the over-the-ear rigid cable. It turns out my ear canal is not 90°. RHA, please, build in some more flex at this special point, so that your headsets do also fit Frankenstein hears!

 

I'm currently using the double-flanged tips. Sound is still quite harsh to my taste but I'm looking forward to testing the Sony hybrid tips (thanks Presata!).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New RHA IEMs: The MA750i and MA600i