- 3 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- How do you define which headphones are most "genre specific"? Last post on 10/8/14 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you guys help me choose between these headphones? Last post on 11/16/14 at 6:31am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Momentum or V-Moda M-100 Last post on 9/25/14 at 2:47am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Replacing V-Moda M100s. What to buy? Last post on 8/24/14 at 4:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphone Recommendation : V-Moda M100, Momentum or other Last post on 6/29/14 at 3:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Sennheiser Momentum VS V-MODA M-100??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Following that link leads one to this post on a thread comparing the Momentum to the Beats Pro:
All of which takes the OP two headphones away from the ones they asked about, even though they did say they were open to suggestions (possibly on this thread).
Right now i am up in the air between the Sennheiser Momentums and the V-moda M-100s, but any and all help would greatly be appreciated! As generic as it sounds I really do listen to all types of music so an all arounder type of headphone would be ideal for me. Again thank you!!
I find the original Momentum to be more versatile than the M100, though I like both. Only, if you do get the Momentum, be careful not to get the on-ear version that was just released.
When you say you listen to "all kinds of music," which kinds do you mean and which do you listen to most?
The M100 is excellent for EDM, dub/dubstep, hiphop and other post-electronica styles, as well as gaming and flicks. I can't speak to rock because I used to make my living playing on a lot of rock sessions, so I can't really listen to that style for fun.
I don't mind using my M100s for Jazz or even classical music if I'm engaged in non-critical listening, but those headphones don't favor complex acoustically recorded music as do the Beyerdynamic DT-1350 -- which would be my rec for a good all-rounder (providing you can return them if you find you don't get a good seal). I also prefer the HD-25/Amperior to the Momentum and M100 for eclectic listening.
Edited by scrypt - 8/6/13 at 3:22am
Momentum is a slightly better 'all arounder', but the M100 is far more enjoyable, at least for the genres i listen to. They're also more durable, foldable, and are literally built like tanks. And they're cheaper. I say get the M100's and get some custom plates going on.
Thank you all for the awesome responses! As for Scrypt's question I mainly listen to hard/metal, scream, classic rock, dubstep, rap, classical, acoustic, anything really. I think I am leaning more towards the M-100s in terms of durability, style, and sound quality for the types of music I listen too.
Momentums have a better soundstage than the M-100's. M-100's have more highs and can also get a bit harsh at high volumes, but have more punch for your harder genres. I don't really like the Momentums for rock and rap to be honest, but someone else may feel differently.
I don't think of either as an all-rounder type of headphone; M-100 when you want to bang and Momentum when you want it smooth.
The idea is to adjust our recs to what Airman means by "all rounder," not what the term means to us: "I mainly listen to hard/metal, scream, classic rock, dubstep, rap, classical, acoustic. . . . . I think I am leaning more towards the M-100s in terms of durability, style, and sound quality for the types of music I listen to."
It sounds as though Airman's open to all kinds of music but especially likes the styles he mentioned first.
Edited by scrypt - 8/6/13 at 3:31am
Yes I suppose I shouldn't have used the term "All Arounder" as it really is too general a term and is to open for interpretation. I appreciate the help that I am receiving though and the adjustment of the term to fit my standards. So put simply I guess whatever the best headphone would be for the rock and rap/dubstep genres are what im looking for. I also like listening to old standards such as Robert Johnson and some other blues musicians and old Sun Studio recordings.
I have tried the Momentums and the V-Moda M100... After testing many different things on each, I found that the M100 came out on top and bought them. You can't beat the AMAZING sound quality on each (very similar) but the M100s won it for me due to many factors. They are customizable unlike the momentums beside the base color, they can fold up so much smaller, they can daisy chain other headphones (I have daisy chained four headphones with just the M100 cords and a splitter), they are less money (more bang for your buck), they are IMO better made than the moments, and have a tiny bit cleaner sound IMO. They both have great bass, crisp highs, and the momentums have more prominent mids compared directly to the M100s. I have to give the comfort to the sennheisers off the bat, but if you get the XL pads, it make the M100s sweep the board. I have never tried the PSB M4U 2 so I cannot say if they are good or bad, but definitely go for the M100s as you can try them for 60 days i believe- and if you don't like them, return them! They also come with a standard 2 year warranty (like the momentums) but have a life time warranty which if anything happens after the two years, you only pay half price for a new pair instead of the original cost. The M100s are the clear victors and are used by many DJ's everywhere and just plain look cooler. It is your choice but if you listen to Electronic, Rap, and similar genres, the M100s dominate. They (like the momentums) can also handle basically any genre and are both great headphones- Your choice!
- Sennheiser Momentum VS V-MODA M-100??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Everything MOD Gallery! 3 seconds ago
- › Synergistic Research HOT device 9 seconds ago
- › X5 firmware 2.36beta--folder jump, true random shuffle, more custom... 25 seconds ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 30 seconds ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 6 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) 7 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)