- 3 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! Last post on Today at 1:45 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How do you define which headphones are most "genre specific"? Last post on 10/8/14 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you guys help me choose between these headphones? Last post on 4/8/15 at 9:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Momentum or V-Moda M-100 Last post on 9/25/14 at 2:47am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Replacing V-Moda M100s. What to buy? Last post on 8/24/14 at 4:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
At the time of this review, the iFi micro iDSD, iFi nano Gemini cable and iFi nano iUSB3.0 was for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are links for the purchase of these three...
These so far dethroned all my top headphones. Deeper more natural bass than the M50X, or the HE-400, better 3d imaging, and speed than the AD900x, better comfort than the DT990pro. Mine is...
Introduction I was able to demo the PM-3 for a week as part of OPPO's loaner program. This is the second OPPO loaner I've tried (also auditioned the PM-1), and once again I'd like to thank Chris...
For the money they are extremely comfortable, sound great plugged into my Onkyo TX-8255 receiver playing either music or watching videos from my pc through the Onkyo. I know you can spend many...
Intro: I'm not all too technical about sound (which explains only the bass/mid/treble; I still need to add my thoughts on soundstage though). It's pretty much whether I like a product or I...
Sennheiser Momentum VS V-MODA M-100??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Following that link leads one to this post on a thread comparing the Momentum to the Beats Pro:
All of which takes the OP two headphones away from the ones they asked about, even though they did say they were open to suggestions (possibly on this thread).
Right now i am up in the air between the Sennheiser Momentums and the V-moda M-100s, but any and all help would greatly be appreciated! As generic as it sounds I really do listen to all types of music so an all arounder type of headphone would be ideal for me. Again thank you!!
I find the original Momentum to be more versatile than the M100, though I like both. Only, if you do get the Momentum, be careful not to get the on-ear version that was just released.
When you say you listen to "all kinds of music," which kinds do you mean and which do you listen to most?
The M100 is excellent for EDM, dub/dubstep, hiphop and other post-electronica styles, as well as gaming and flicks. I can't speak to rock because I used to make my living playing on a lot of rock sessions, so I can't really listen to that style for fun.
I don't mind using my M100s for Jazz or even classical music if I'm engaged in non-critical listening, but those headphones don't favor complex acoustically recorded music as do the Beyerdynamic DT-1350 -- which would be my rec for a good all-rounder (providing you can return them if you find you don't get a good seal). I also prefer the HD-25/Amperior to the Momentum and M100 for eclectic listening.
Edited by scrypt - 8/6/13 at 3:22am
Momentum is a slightly better 'all arounder', but the M100 is far more enjoyable, at least for the genres i listen to. They're also more durable, foldable, and are literally built like tanks. And they're cheaper. I say get the M100's and get some custom plates going on.
Thank you all for the awesome responses! As for Scrypt's question I mainly listen to hard/metal, scream, classic rock, dubstep, rap, classical, acoustic, anything really. I think I am leaning more towards the M-100s in terms of durability, style, and sound quality for the types of music I listen too.
Momentums have a better soundstage than the M-100's. M-100's have more highs and can also get a bit harsh at high volumes, but have more punch for your harder genres. I don't really like the Momentums for rock and rap to be honest, but someone else may feel differently.
I don't think of either as an all-rounder type of headphone; M-100 when you want to bang and Momentum when you want it smooth.
The idea is to adjust our recs to what Airman means by "all rounder," not what the term means to us: "I mainly listen to hard/metal, scream, classic rock, dubstep, rap, classical, acoustic. . . . . I think I am leaning more towards the M-100s in terms of durability, style, and sound quality for the types of music I listen to."
It sounds as though Airman's open to all kinds of music but especially likes the styles he mentioned first.
Edited by scrypt - 8/6/13 at 3:31am
Yes I suppose I shouldn't have used the term "All Arounder" as it really is too general a term and is to open for interpretation. I appreciate the help that I am receiving though and the adjustment of the term to fit my standards. So put simply I guess whatever the best headphone would be for the rock and rap/dubstep genres are what im looking for. I also like listening to old standards such as Robert Johnson and some other blues musicians and old Sun Studio recordings.
I have tried the Momentums and the V-Moda M100... After testing many different things on each, I found that the M100 came out on top and bought them. You can't beat the AMAZING sound quality on each (very similar) but the M100s won it for me due to many factors. They are customizable unlike the momentums beside the base color, they can fold up so much smaller, they can daisy chain other headphones (I have daisy chained four headphones with just the M100 cords and a splitter), they are less money (more bang for your buck), they are IMO better made than the moments, and have a tiny bit cleaner sound IMO. They both have great bass, crisp highs, and the momentums have more prominent mids compared directly to the M100s. I have to give the comfort to the sennheisers off the bat, but if you get the XL pads, it make the M100s sweep the board. I have never tried the PSB M4U 2 so I cannot say if they are good or bad, but definitely go for the M100s as you can try them for 60 days i believe- and if you don't like them, return them! They also come with a standard 2 year warranty (like the momentums) but have a life time warranty which if anything happens after the two years, you only pay half price for a new pair instead of the original cost. The M100s are the clear victors and are used by many DJ's everywhere and just plain look cooler. It is your choice but if you listen to Electronic, Rap, and similar genres, the M100s dominate. They (like the momentums) can also handle basically any genre and are both great headphones- Your choice!
I am also interested in these two headphones. I can't decide which to buy and have been weighing the qualities of both headphones for a while. I listen to mainly alternative rock, indie, classic rock, rap, and some edm. I would use them mostly on the go, at the gym, on a plane trip, etc. I like the portability of the V-Moda, but I think I would appreciate the warmer and clearer sound of the Sennheisers. I am not an audiophile, but I appreciate good sounding headphones. Which headphone do you think would be best for me? Or is there any other headphone you could recommend that fits this description and is in this price range? Right now the Momentums are available for $160 on Amazon, compared to $250 for the M100s. The huge price difference is also making my decision very difficult.
Edited by jakecam23 - 7/20/15 at 12:27pm
- Sennheiser Momentum VS V-MODA M-100??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 22 seconds ago
- › TH-900 Fostex EZ-Simple Mods and other Fostex Dynamic Variants... 1 minute ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iFi Product Launch – nano iUSB3.0 (the 'Baby Bentley' to the micro... 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Paradox Slants as EndGame HP over everything else 5 minutes ago
- › LFF Paradox Slant and the "Starving Student" 5 minutes ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 7 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 7 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sophonax
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse