- 3 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- p5 v p7 v mdr1 v vmoda 100 v m50 v momentum. Which one? Last post on 12/4/13 at 4:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable, good looking headphone, good clarity and imaging with non muddy bass. £150-200 Last post on 12/5/13 at 3:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earphones similar to Sennheiser Momentum/V-Moda m100 Last post on 11/8/13 at 8:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-Moda M100's louder than Sennheiser Momentum's Last post on 10/30/13 at 4:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help with buying a new pair of headphones Last post on 11/29/13 at 9:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Sennheiser Momentum VS V-MODA M-100??post #1 of 108/5/13 at 10:16amThread StarterHi, First off i am more or less new to the audio scene and am not looking for a massively expensive set of cans, but am hoping that i could get pointed in the right direction for a good set of cans in the $200-300 range. Right now i am up in the air between the Sennheiser Momentums and the V-moda M-100s, but any and all help would greatly be appreciated! As generic as it sounds I really do listen to all types of music so an all arounder type of headphone would be ideal for me. Again thank you!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 108/5/13 at 12:15pmpost #3 of 108/5/13 at 8:14pmpost #4 of 108/5/13 at 9:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by MunDog
Following that link leads one to this post on a thread comparing the Momentum to the Beats Pro:Quote:Never listened to momentum but Audio Technica WS99 is far better than Beats Pro
All of which takes the OP two headphones away from the ones they asked about, even though they did say they were open to suggestions (possibly on this thread).Quote:
Right now i am up in the air between the Sennheiser Momentums and the V-moda M-100s, but any and all help would greatly be appreciated! As generic as it sounds I really do listen to all types of music so an all arounder type of headphone would be ideal for me. Again thank you!!
I find the original Momentum to be more versatile than the M100, though I like both. Only, if you do get the Momentum, be careful not to get the on-ear version that was just released.
When you say you listen to "all kinds of music," which kinds do you mean and which do you listen to most?
The M100 is excellent for EDM, dub/dubstep, hiphop and other post-electronica styles, as well as gaming and flicks. I can't speak to rock because I used to make my living playing on a lot of rock sessions, so I can't really listen to that style for fun.
I don't mind using my M100s for Jazz or even classical music if I'm engaged in non-critical listening, but those headphones don't favor complex acoustically recorded music as do the Beyerdynamic DT-1350 -- which would be my rec for a good all-rounder (providing you can return them if you find you don't get a good seal). I also prefer the HD-25/Amperior to the Momentum and M100 for eclectic listening.
Edited by scrypt - 8/6/13 at 3:22ampost #5 of 108/6/13 at 12:13ampost #6 of 108/6/13 at 1:25am
Momentum is a slightly better 'all arounder', but the M100 is far more enjoyable, at least for the genres i listen to. They're also more durable, foldable, and are literally built like tanks. And they're cheaper. I say get the M100's and get some custom plates going on.post #7 of 108/6/13 at 2:25amThread Starter
Thank you all for the awesome responses! As for Scrypt's question I mainly listen to hard/metal, scream, classic rock, dubstep, rap, classical, acoustic, anything really. I think I am leaning more towards the M-100s in terms of durability, style, and sound quality for the types of music I listen too.post #8 of 108/6/13 at 2:39am
Momentums have a better soundstage than the M-100's. M-100's have more highs and can also get a bit harsh at high volumes, but have more punch for your harder genres. I don't really like the Momentums for rock and rap to be honest, but someone else may feel differently.
I don't think of either as an all-rounder type of headphone; M-100 when you want to bang and Momentum when you want it smooth.post #9 of 108/6/13 at 3:27am
The idea is to adjust our recs to what Airman means by "all rounder," not what the term means to us: "I mainly listen to hard/metal, scream, classic rock, dubstep, rap, classical, acoustic. . . . . I think I am leaning more towards the M-100s in terms of durability, style, and sound quality for the types of music I listen to."
It sounds as though Airman's open to all kinds of music but especially likes the styles he mentioned first.
Edited by scrypt - 8/6/13 at 3:31ampost #10 of 108/6/13 at 4:00amThread Starter
Yes I suppose I shouldn't have used the term "All Arounder" as it really is too general a term and is to open for interpretation. I appreciate the help that I am receiving though and the adjustment of the term to fit my standards. So put simply I guess whatever the best headphone would be for the rock and rap/dubstep genres are what im looking for. I also like listening to old standards such as Robert Johnson and some other blues musicians and old Sun Studio recordings.
- Sennheiser Momentum VS V-MODA M-100??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Looking for a pair of High Quality, Sound Isolating, 7.1 Surround... 24 seconds ago
- › IC: Westone W3 - Converted to Removable Cables by BTG Audio 44 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 53 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 Bay Area Meet - SUNDAY - Feb 16th, 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Seattle Sunday New Year Meet 01/05/14 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs! 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital