Recent Images In This Thread
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by piercer, 8/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) Last post on Yesterday at 12:02 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 9/6/15 at 10:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 7/13/16 at 7:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 61
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just joined the club after buying a pair while in Bangkok. I haven't been that impressed by an iem in quite a while.
I compared it to a few demos of CIEM, including Noble K10, and I thought the Shure was just superior.
Mainly more balanced and transparent with better bass extension. Treble and imaging also appears to be slightly more natural or realistic. The only CIEM demo that impressed me was one from Canalworks, never heard of that brand before but I am going to look into it.
Okay, I remember buying this album in a pawn shop for 3 dollars (a dozen years ago) because it was Babyface's brother. I only heard one song on my stereo but I put the whole album in mp3 form on my SD card. This song came up several times randomly when I was using the 535 and so I didn't think much of it. On the 846, it scared me. I thought it was slow rumbling thunder from a nearby lightning strike, but no, it's the bass line of the song (more tonsil rattling). Who knew?
Ugh, Westone star tips don't fit my ears at all. Decided to try a pack of them based on the large number of positive recommendations here. None of the sizes work at all. Oh well. Still seems Hybrids are the ticket for these ears!
I know this might be cold comfort but before I owned the 846 I has the 535 and spent about $150 on all the different ear tips before finding the Star Tips. You are right, find what fits your ears there is no be all end all.
Have you tried the EarPortz?
The ones I found look a lot like some Sensorcom ones I tried a long time ago... And unfortunately they didn't work out. I usually seem to need short, single flange silicone tips just like the Hybrids. Double/triple flange types never work out because they are just too long. I have a feeling I'm not going to find anything better than the Hybrids for my particular ears...
I had to send back my 846s due to a defect and was wondering if anyone else had the same issue.
In the right earphone only, I'd get an intermittent buzzing noise. It seemed like a sympathetic vibration and not noise/hum or actual distortion of the signal.
I tried different cables and filters, and reseating the filters to no avail. When it was doing it, I could make it repeat with certain tracks that seemed to have the program material in the right range. Then for no reason it'd stop happening and those same tracks would play clean.
I've been using them for 2 weeks and have REALLY enjoyed them and if they were $500 I'd probably just stick with them and put up with the buzzing. For a grand they should be perfect (at least build-wise).
I called Shure USA and logged the problem and returned them to Amazon today. Sad to see them go and looking forward to getting the replacements hopefully soon. The batch was from the end of November.
I'd seen someone else on Amazon that had the same exact problem, but I don't recall any mention of it here.
My right earphone just stopped working there is a fault with the 1st batch as some others have had the same problem.Just got a replacement sent to me last weeks after waiting 4 months here in Australia but I did buy them from the US hence the Waite times here.
After trying several tip types including the Westone Star tips, I found these soft flex tips to be most comfertable with a good seal http://www.amazon.com/Shure-EASFX1-10M-Sleeves-Included-Earphones/dp/B0024N8GAW/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_i.
I had used these in the past with my Westone IEMs (UM2 and UM3x)
Edited by zolom - 2/4/14 at 12:40am
- Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
- › Sony MDR-1000X 3 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 20 seconds ago
- › 64 Audio | apex | tia - NEW Products + Flagship Upgrade Program! 32 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 41 seconds ago
- › Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H6 (2nd Generation) vs. Sennheiser HD 598 Cs... 46 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › PETEREK (formerly cCasperTFG) MOD & Cable Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 5 minutes ago
- › IC on several headphones 5 minutes ago
- › RHA CL750 by Takeanidea
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear