Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 53

post #781 of 8367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Me neither *hides Whiplash TWAu cable and 901 iem card*. Not a clue what I meant.

*secret high-five* (hides minibox amp card)

post #782 of 8367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Theoretical is end of January, and I Hope before end of February

... 2016.
post #783 of 8367
Finally broke down and ordered a pair from Amazon when I realized I could take advantage of their excellent returns policy. Peace of mind CIEMs don't have.

846s arrive Friday!
post #784 of 8367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoeiii View Post

Finally broke down and ordered a pair from Amazon when I realized I could take advantage of their excellent returns policy. Peace of mind CIEMs don't have.

846s arrive Friday!

You won't be disappointed

post #785 of 8367
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolutionz View Post
 

You won't be disappointed

And a no-risk proposition if I don't like them.

 

There is the risk I get addicted and go further down the rabbit hole. Never mind, this could be risky for my budget. 

post #786 of 8367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoeiii View Post

And a no-risk proposition if I don't like them.

There is the risk I get addicted and go further down the rabbit hole. Never mind, this could be risky for my budget. 

Simple solution to avoid the rabbit hole. After you receive your 846, delete your Head-Fi account, clear your browser history and go to a hypnotist to have your memory erased of any knowledge of this or similar sites.
post #787 of 8367
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook76 View Post

Simple solution to avoid the rabbit hole. After you receive your 846, delete your Head-Fi account, clear your browser history and go to a hypnotist to have your memory erased of any knowledge of this or similar sites.

That doesnt work. I tried it and I ended up buying another 846 which restored my memory upon first listen.
post #788 of 8367
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post


That doesnt work. I tried it and I ended up buying another 846 which restored my memory upon first listen.

Viscerious, I am secretly hoping I don't end up hearing from you that the Roxannes are so much more impressive than the 846s. 

 

Oh well, if it happens, it can happen once I have decided if the big jump in IEMs is worth the price on a universal whose purchase price can be recouped. 

post #789 of 8367
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

That doesnt work. I tried it and I ended up buying another 846 which restored my memory upon first listen.

What about a short trip to Guantánamo Bay Cuba so we can get water boarded?
post #790 of 8367
Do the Sony hybrid ear tips work on the SE846 without needing to be modified?
post #791 of 8367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoeiii View Post

Viscerious, I am secretly hoping I don't end up hearing from you that the Roxannes are so much more impressive than the 846s. 

Oh well, if it happens, it can happen once I have decided if the big jump in IEMs is worth the price on a universal whose purchase price can be recouped. 

Well honestly I do prefer customs to universals and I prefer the Roxannes to the 846. IMHO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook76 View Post

What about a short trip to Guantánamo Bay Cuba so we can get water boarded?

When we get out do we get to listen to our gear again? Coz if we do its worthless.
post #792 of 8367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoeiii View Post

Viscerious, I am secretly hoping I don't end up hearing from you that the Roxannes are so much more impressive than the 846s. 

Oh well, if it happens, it can happen once I have decided if the big jump in IEMs is worth the price on a universal whose purchase price can be recouped. 
I have tried many iems at this level, and it's mostly about preference. You do not have that many iems that will be clearly better in all aspects than all others. If people did agree on which one is all around better, arguments on headfi would not exist.
post #793 of 8367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

I have tried many iems at this level, and it's mostly about preference. You do not have that many iems that will be clearly better in all aspects than all others. If people did agree on which one is all around better, arguments on headfi would not exist.

Not to seem obsequious but truer words have not been spoken.
post #794 of 8367
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook76 View Post


Not to seem obsequious but truer words have not been spoken.


I like obsequious when I am the target :wink:

post #795 of 8367

To what headphones does the Shure SE846 rank in terms of sound quality? (for example, is the sound quality comparable to a Hifiman HE-500 or a LCD-2?)


Edited by ubs28 - 1/16/14 at 12:19pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread