My biggest problem is their customer service. I had a pair of SE530s and 3 months into having it I found a metal tube in my shure carrying case. I thought maybe it was something that might have fell in the case and didn't think anything of it. I did notice that there was a difference in highs on one side and thought maybe I was not getting the right seal. 2 years later I was cleaning with the included cleaning tool and metal tube came out of the right side. I check the left side and realized what it was a few years back. Since I didn't send the warranty card in they refused to fix them unless I pay 170 for it. I didn't pay $400 to be **** blocked by a technicality. So I'm probably never buying another thing from Shure again. Most people have nothing but good things to say about shure but my experience was less than ideal
Recent Images In This Thread
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by piercer, 8/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) Last post on Today at 3:14 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 9/6/15 at 10:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 7/13/16 at 7:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Full review can be found at: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-high-res-player-review/ Rating The NO BULL rating system is designed to take as many aspects of the device into...
I've had a short history with headphones. My first pair of good headphones were the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. I will mostly be comparing these two. These headphones are much more better looking,...
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi for this sample to review, as always I try to write honest reviews, this unit has had over 50hrs of burn-in, no real differences were noted. Gear Used: HP...
Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just received notice that my SE846 should arrive Monday. My question for those who already own them is "burn in". With both the Westone 4r and the SE535 I did notice a change after about 50 hours of usage. Should I burn in the 846 and did anyone notice an audible difference after burn in.
As they are BA drivers I do believe they will need to be burned in.
I just got my SE846's ordered from B&H photo. They have them in stock, and offer a military discount if that applies to you. Cant wait for them to get here on monday or tuesday. Now just waiting on my Forza hybrid cable and I will hopefully be set for a while. I hope they are as good as everyone is saying!
Just managed to snag a pair of 846's from Yodobashi camera in Osaka (they have been out of stock for a week and a half and they got s small delivery yesterday apparently - they are sold out again already, I got the last ones.
I love them with my AK120 - mega portable sound. The bass is excellent without being artificial - at the moment I think they sound a bit like good floorstanders from a frequency point of view. Very happy.
I finally get my 846 tomorrow. Did you burn yours in and has the sonic charteristics changed since you first got them? Also, what is your current set up using the 846?
I wished I could burn it in, but frankly, I couldn't keep them out of my ears. They sounded marvelous from the get go and have stayed good ever since.
As my Protector is the only audiofile grade amp I current have (my Fiio E12 is certainly not) have you tried the single output from the Protector or is the warm signature of the RSA sound still prevalent?
- Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
- › Three Word Story 41 seconds ago
- › Viva Egoista 845 SET Tube amplifier 10K Headphone Masterpiece 53 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 2 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 4 minutes ago
- › NEED HELP: Replacement Earpads for Plantronics Backbeat Pro (1st Gen) 5 minutes ago
- › Cowon PLENUE M2 6 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by TheoS53
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › UITaudio PMP-354P by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear