My biggest problem is their customer service. I had a pair of SE530s and 3 months into having it I found a metal tube in my shure carrying case. I thought maybe it was something that might have fell in the case and didn't think anything of it. I did notice that there was a difference in highs on one side and thought maybe I was not getting the right seal. 2 years later I was cleaning with the included cleaning tool and metal tube came out of the right side. I check the left side and realized what it was a few years back. Since I didn't send the warranty card in they refused to fix them unless I pay 170 for it. I didn't pay $400 to be **** blocked by a technicality. So I'm probably never buying another thing from Shure again. Most people have nothing but good things to say about shure but my experience was less than ideal
Recent Images In This Thread
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by piercer, 8/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) Last post on 12/2/16 at 8:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 9/6/15 at 10:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 7/13/16 at 7:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Intro The Meze 12 Classics has been provided to me by the Meze company as part of the official European review tour in exchange for my honest opinion. Later on Meze decided the participants can...
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just received notice that my SE846 should arrive Monday. My question for those who already own them is "burn in". With both the Westone 4r and the SE535 I did notice a change after about 50 hours of usage. Should I burn in the 846 and did anyone notice an audible difference after burn in.
As they are BA drivers I do believe they will need to be burned in.
I just got my SE846's ordered from B&H photo. They have them in stock, and offer a military discount if that applies to you. Cant wait for them to get here on monday or tuesday. Now just waiting on my Forza hybrid cable and I will hopefully be set for a while. I hope they are as good as everyone is saying!
Just managed to snag a pair of 846's from Yodobashi camera in Osaka (they have been out of stock for a week and a half and they got s small delivery yesterday apparently - they are sold out again already, I got the last ones.
I love them with my AK120 - mega portable sound. The bass is excellent without being artificial - at the moment I think they sound a bit like good floorstanders from a frequency point of view. Very happy.
I finally get my 846 tomorrow. Did you burn yours in and has the sonic charteristics changed since you first got them? Also, what is your current set up using the 846?
I wished I could burn it in, but frankly, I couldn't keep them out of my ears. They sounded marvelous from the get go and have stayed good ever since.
As my Protector is the only audiofile grade amp I current have (my Fiio E12 is certainly not) have you tried the single output from the Protector or is the warm signature of the RSA sound still prevalent?
- Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Apogee Groove Dac / Headphone Amp 1 minute ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › New CEntrance DACportable dac-amp 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-300 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 5 minutes ago
- › Elemental Watson Class-A Valve/Mosfet Hybrid Headphone Amplifier... 6 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear