I was thinking of getting a cable with an inline mic and remote control. Would this affect sound quality? Can anyone recommend a cable, im not looking to spend a lot.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by piercer, 8/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) Last post on Today at 6:55 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 2/28/15 at 9:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on Today at 4:59 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
First off I want to apologize for taking so long to get this review put together. Circumstances and family responsibility have conspired against me this year in regards to being able put together a...
The Elecom LBT-PAR500AV was purchased by me on Ebay. I’m not in any way affiliated with Elecom. The price was about $50 when I bought it. About me: I’m a 42 year old music...
Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 275
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I disagree, people have reported the plastic filters are bloody expensive....
You can probably find one on fleabay for hella cheap, but the quality may not be very good. The only one that I would recommend that would fulfill your needs is Shure's inline mic and control cable. You can purchase it here.
However, reviews have said that it isn't that great of a cable. At least you can replace it, via warranty if anything happens to it. As for sound quality degrading, I'm pretty sure the inline mic cable will sound a little different, as the stock Shure SE846 cable is silver plated copper.
If you want 'better' sound quality, you can have someone like Ted's Headphone Lounge create you a custom one. However, you will be spending more (not sure what your budget is). 'Better' sound quality will come at a price, that's for sure.
I disagree wholeheartedly as well. The plastic filters are bloody, hella, a grip, freakin', however you want to call it, expensive.
Before I purchased my Sensaphonics custom sleeves, my sweat would get in the blue filter and would cut out the sound from my left earphone. I had to call Shure to purchase new ones, and they didn't publish the price of them online, nor were you able to order them online. I bought 2 pairs of blue filters.
I don't even want to say how much they were (I did say how much they were in my Sensaphonics custom sleeves review) because I feel ashamed and embarrassed that Shure would charge that amount, and that I bought 2 pairs from them.
Edited by moedawg140 - 7/9/14 at 10:48am
Also I own 2x winter 2013 pairs myself and both fine (touch wood)
LFC is correct. The problems were most notable in the first batch in August of 2013 like mine. LFC is also correct that Shure replaced them with very little hassle (I got my replacement in four days). Finally, LFC correctly points out the importance of purchasing from an authorized retailer. All Shure asked me for was a picture of my receipt.
P.S. Joking: Now we know the truth, it was all an attempt by the simians and their minions to stop the inevitable ascendancy of our A.I. overlords.
That's exactly what you want Shure to do because if someone steals your IEM, you don't want the crook to enjoy good CS.
Thanks guys I thought there might be something to it. I've seen this a lot in high end digital SLR's and lenses where some copies produced during a specific time frame were thought to be either problematic or somehow superior.. Mine (bought a couple of weeks ago) are March 2014 so it's all good.
There is the cabal we (with our A.I. overlords) must destroy. Know your enemy!
Could be a fan of older stuff in which case it's definitely The Monkees
No, the guy in the middle got the SE 846s stuck in his ears and cannot get them out, the guy on the right is covering his mouth to keep from breaking out in laughter, and the guy on the left can't believe his eyes!
is there a cable that is not so microphonic as I find that the stock cable is pretty microphonic I can hear sound when it rubs against anything which is really annoying, I don't know why the cables are like this for a high end iem
Well there are much worse stock cables then the Shure stock cables. If you put your mind focused on finding something it will find it. You hear those noises while listening to music?
- Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 56 seconds ago
- › Some questions about settings (sample rate, latency, etc.) for an... 1 minute ago
- › Enter for a chance to win Sennheiser MOMENTUM Headphones and even a... 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 2 minutes ago
- › Four Choices for Closed Over-Ears Under $300 2 minutes ago
- › Using a SMSL M8 DAC with a Objective 2 amp 3 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 3 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendation for 32ohm headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by Mediahound
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3