I was thinking of getting a cable with an inline mic and remote control. Would this affect sound quality? Can anyone recommend a cable, im not looking to spend a lot.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by piercer, 8/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best UIEM to run with Last post on 9/16/14 at 1:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears' New Way Of Making Custom In-Ear Monitors - Head-Fi TV Last post on 9/18/14 at 4:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replacing HD-650's with IEM's for travelling Last post on 9/10/14 at 3:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 or Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 8/31/14 at 10:20am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM vs Full-sized headphone graphs Last post on 8/19/14 at 6:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 275
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I disagree, people have reported the plastic filters are bloody expensive....
You can probably find one on fleabay for hella cheap, but the quality may not be very good. The only one that I would recommend that would fulfill your needs is Shure's inline mic and control cable. You can purchase it here.
However, reviews have said that it isn't that great of a cable. At least you can replace it, via warranty if anything happens to it. As for sound quality degrading, I'm pretty sure the inline mic cable will sound a little different, as the stock Shure SE846 cable is silver plated copper.
If you want 'better' sound quality, you can have someone like Ted's Headphone Lounge create you a custom one. However, you will be spending more (not sure what your budget is). 'Better' sound quality will come at a price, that's for sure.
I disagree wholeheartedly as well. The plastic filters are bloody, hella, a grip, freakin', however you want to call it, expensive.
Before I purchased my Sensaphonics custom sleeves, my sweat would get in the blue filter and would cut out the sound from my left earphone. I had to call Shure to purchase new ones, and they didn't publish the price of them online, nor were you able to order them online. I bought 2 pairs of blue filters.
I don't even want to say how much they were (I did say how much they were in my Sensaphonics custom sleeves review) because I feel ashamed and embarrassed that Shure would charge that amount, and that I bought 2 pairs from them.
Edited by moedawg140 - 7/9/14 at 10:48am
Also I own 2x winter 2013 pairs myself and both fine (touch wood)
LFC is correct. The problems were most notable in the first batch in August of 2013 like mine. LFC is also correct that Shure replaced them with very little hassle (I got my replacement in four days). Finally, LFC correctly points out the importance of purchasing from an authorized retailer. All Shure asked me for was a picture of my receipt.
P.S. Joking: Now we know the truth, it was all an attempt by the simians and their minions to stop the inevitable ascendancy of our A.I. overlords.
That's exactly what you want Shure to do because if someone steals your IEM, you don't want the crook to enjoy good CS.
Thanks guys I thought there might be something to it. I've seen this a lot in high end digital SLR's and lenses where some copies produced during a specific time frame were thought to be either problematic or somehow superior.. Mine (bought a couple of weeks ago) are March 2014 so it's all good.
There is the cabal we (with our A.I. overlords) must destroy. Know your enemy!
Could be a fan of older stuff in which case it's definitely The Monkees
No, the guy in the middle got the SE 846s stuck in his ears and cannot get them out, the guy on the right is covering his mouth to keep from breaking out in laughter, and the guy on the left can't believe his eyes!
is there a cable that is not so microphonic as I find that the stock cable is pretty microphonic I can hear sound when it rubs against anything which is really annoying, I don't know why the cables are like this for a high end iem
Well there are much worse stock cables then the Shure stock cables. If you put your mind focused on finding something it will find it. You hear those noises while listening to music?
- Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
- › Is this normal for an He-500? 36 seconds ago
- › Need Help in choosing the right on ear portable headphone 1 minute ago
- › Nordost Heimdall headphone cable 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro & DT990 Pro (Comparison w/ pictures!) 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Good sleeping in ear headphones? 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Mobile version 5 minutes ago
- › DT990 Premium 250 Ohm -OR- Senn U 320 headset for the wife? 6 minutes ago
- › Official Metro Detroit 2014 Meet/Party/Get-Together 9/20/2014... 6 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)