I was thinking of getting a cable with an inline mic and remote control. Would this affect sound quality? Can anyone recommend a cable, im not looking to spend a lot.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by piercer, 8/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading from IE800 Last post on 11/7/14 at 2:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE 800 at $600 vs AKG K3003 at $900 vs Shure se846 at $715 Last post on 11/2/14 at 12:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Soundstage in an IEM?... Last post on 11/13/14 at 10:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Keeping IEM's in desk drawer Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- An easy way to remove tips from IEMs Last post on 9/23/14 at 8:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
So I want to start off by stating that is this is my first real review of any headphone on this website. I am not an audiophile by any stretch of you imagination! I will try to best explain what my...
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 275
I disagree, people have reported the plastic filters are bloody expensive....
You can probably find one on fleabay for hella cheap, but the quality may not be very good. The only one that I would recommend that would fulfill your needs is Shure's inline mic and control cable. You can purchase it here.
However, reviews have said that it isn't that great of a cable. At least you can replace it, via warranty if anything happens to it. As for sound quality degrading, I'm pretty sure the inline mic cable will sound a little different, as the stock Shure SE846 cable is silver plated copper.
If you want 'better' sound quality, you can have someone like Ted's Headphone Lounge create you a custom one. However, you will be spending more (not sure what your budget is). 'Better' sound quality will come at a price, that's for sure.
I disagree wholeheartedly as well. The plastic filters are bloody, hella, a grip, freakin', however you want to call it, expensive.
Before I purchased my Sensaphonics custom sleeves, my sweat would get in the blue filter and would cut out the sound from my left earphone. I had to call Shure to purchase new ones, and they didn't publish the price of them online, nor were you able to order them online. I bought 2 pairs of blue filters.
I don't even want to say how much they were (I did say how much they were in my Sensaphonics custom sleeves review) because I feel ashamed and embarrassed that Shure would charge that amount, and that I bought 2 pairs from them.
Edited by moedawg140 - 7/9/14 at 10:48am
Also I own 2x winter 2013 pairs myself and both fine (touch wood)
LFC is correct. The problems were most notable in the first batch in August of 2013 like mine. LFC is also correct that Shure replaced them with very little hassle (I got my replacement in four days). Finally, LFC correctly points out the importance of purchasing from an authorized retailer. All Shure asked me for was a picture of my receipt.
P.S. Joking: Now we know the truth, it was all an attempt by the simians and their minions to stop the inevitable ascendancy of our A.I. overlords.
That's exactly what you want Shure to do because if someone steals your IEM, you don't want the crook to enjoy good CS.
Thanks guys I thought there might be something to it. I've seen this a lot in high end digital SLR's and lenses where some copies produced during a specific time frame were thought to be either problematic or somehow superior.. Mine (bought a couple of weeks ago) are March 2014 so it's all good.
There is the cabal we (with our A.I. overlords) must destroy. Know your enemy!
Could be a fan of older stuff in which case it's definitely The Monkees
No, the guy in the middle got the SE 846s stuck in his ears and cannot get them out, the guy on the right is covering his mouth to keep from breaking out in laughter, and the guy on the left can't believe his eyes!
is there a cable that is not so microphonic as I find that the stock cable is pretty microphonic I can hear sound when it rubs against anything which is really annoying, I don't know why the cables are like this for a high end iem
Well there are much worse stock cables then the Shure stock cables. If you put your mind focused on finding something it will find it. You hear those noises while listening to music?
- Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
- › 2014 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange 2 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW FW. . link 1st page. . 1 minute ago
- › Tidal lossless listening test, what's going on here? 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Official AAMML 2015 Holiday Gift Exchange 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › Advices for catching the right home loan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3