I was thinking of getting a cable with an inline mic and remote control. Would this affect sound quality? Can anyone recommend a cable, im not looking to spend a lot.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by piercer, 8/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) Last post on Yesterday at 8:23 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 9/6/15 at 10:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 7/13/16 at 7:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 275
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I disagree, people have reported the plastic filters are bloody expensive....
- Trader Feedback: 0
Grand Master Moe "G"….Don't crossface me, bro!
2016 SF Meet Ping Pong Champion
CanJam London 2016 Ping Pong Champion
CanJam @ RMAF 2016 Ping Pong Champion
CanJam NYC 2017 Ping Pong Champion
- 31,555 Posts. Joined 6/2014
- Location: Southern California
- Select All Posts By This User
You can probably find one on fleabay for hella cheap, but the quality may not be very good. The only one that I would recommend that would fulfill your needs is Shure's inline mic and control cable. You can purchase it here.
However, reviews have said that it isn't that great of a cable. At least you can replace it, via warranty if anything happens to it. As for sound quality degrading, I'm pretty sure the inline mic cable will sound a little different, as the stock Shure SE846 cable is silver plated copper.
If you want 'better' sound quality, you can have someone like Ted's Headphone Lounge create you a custom one. However, you will be spending more (not sure what your budget is). 'Better' sound quality will come at a price, that's for sure.
I disagree wholeheartedly as well. The plastic filters are bloody, hella, a grip, freakin', however you want to call it, expensive.
Before I purchased my Sensaphonics custom sleeves, my sweat would get in the blue filter and would cut out the sound from my left earphone. I had to call Shure to purchase new ones, and they didn't publish the price of them online, nor were you able to order them online. I bought 2 pairs of blue filters.
I don't even want to say how much they were (I did say how much they were in my Sensaphonics custom sleeves review) because I feel ashamed and embarrassed that Shure would charge that amount, and that I bought 2 pairs from them.
Edited by moedawg140 - 7/9/14 at 10:48am
Also I own 2x winter 2013 pairs myself and both fine (touch wood)
LFC is correct. The problems were most notable in the first batch in August of 2013 like mine. LFC is also correct that Shure replaced them with very little hassle (I got my replacement in four days). Finally, LFC correctly points out the importance of purchasing from an authorized retailer. All Shure asked me for was a picture of my receipt.
P.S. Joking: Now we know the truth, it was all an attempt by the simians and their minions to stop the inevitable ascendancy of our A.I. overlords.
That's exactly what you want Shure to do because if someone steals your IEM, you don't want the crook to enjoy good CS.
Thanks guys I thought there might be something to it. I've seen this a lot in high end digital SLR's and lenses where some copies produced during a specific time frame were thought to be either problematic or somehow superior.. Mine (bought a couple of weeks ago) are March 2014 so it's all good.
There is the cabal we (with our A.I. overlords) must destroy. Know your enemy!
Could be a fan of older stuff in which case it's definitely The Monkees
No, the guy in the middle got the SE 846s stuck in his ears and cannot get them out, the guy on the right is covering his mouth to keep from breaking out in laughter, and the guy on the left can't believe his eyes!
is there a cable that is not so microphonic as I find that the stock cable is pretty microphonic I can hear sound when it rubs against anything which is really annoying, I don't know why the cables are like this for a high end iem
Well there are much worse stock cables then the Shure stock cables. If you put your mind focused on finding something it will find it. You hear those noises while listening to music?
- Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
- › How Many Times Have Your LCD3 Headphones Been Returned to Audeze... 19 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 7 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones for Movies? 8 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 8 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 8 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear