Is it possible to buy se846 in the UK ?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by piercer, 8/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) Last post on Today at 8:50 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 9/6/15 at 10:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 7/13/16 at 7:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
REVIEWER INTRODUCTION First of all, I want to introduce my gear while writing this review. I'm using my AKG K612 PRO headphone with my Fiio X3 2nd Gen dedicated DAP. Currently I don't own any...
Preamble Whilst I have been an audio enthusiast for many years now, I must admit I have never really been all that interested in using any kind of esoteric cables with my systems. I have always...
Preamble: It is finally happening – Brainwavz Audio is making in-ears with Balanced Armature drivers again. After they were introduced to the public few months ago, the two single-BA...
The Lyra, released back in 2014-15 was refreshed along with Campfire Audio's dynamic and hybrid lineup as the Lyra II, and is a personal single dynamic driver favourite. We would like to thank...
They are re-branded Takstar Pro's with a mic attachment. Very good pair of headphones for the price, readily available and frequently on sale even here in Canada. The bass on these is...
Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 27
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not yet. They have been 'coming soon' to the UK for 6 months! I wish I could come for that long :)
Best estimate is end of year, maybe before xmas.
BTW Lady Gaga's new album, ArtPop, is a fantastic recording for testing out quality of the bass. First track, for example, the synth bassline is delicate and full both, it's going to sound either highly impactful or muddy, depending on the quality of your transducer. Definitely check this out with the SE846!
Edited by spook76 - 11/12/13 at 7:33am
LOL. Let's not let Gaga or Bieber sidetrack this thread. Does anyone have any extensive experience with the Shure SE530 and now own the SE846 to have an opinion about what kind of upgrade, in terms of timbre, soundstage, layering/texture, density, and PRaT with the SE846 over the SE530?
I have owned the SE530 for more than 5 years and I can describe them as non-fatiguing, as the treble is rolled off quite a bit; musical and best with vocals, as the mid-range is sweet; but details can be muddy, and can sound a bit "thick". I don't consider them lacking in bass, as I'm not a basshead, but the definition can be improved.
How can you describe the sonics upgrades with the SE846 over the SE530? I think more people may own the SE535 rather than the previous version, and what sort of difference was with the SE535 over the 530? (I will try to make the extrapolation within my head, ha ha.)
I put the black filters on this morning (the "warm" ones). Now I'm clucking myself on the head for not trying them sooner. The black filters are the better ones for vocals (to me) yielding an overall thicker note. They may end up being my favorite.
Are you listening the earphone or reading the chart? :D
Of course I'm listening, but I'm not a huge fan of changing the filters because it's rather annoying to get the screws/nozzles on as tightly as they came originally. Perhaps I'm just mechanically retarded.
I initially had the same problem. Just make sure you line up the red marks on the nozzle and the IEM itself.
- Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 11 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 19 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Disturbing RFI when listening Dragonfly Black through headphone amp 6 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 8 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Mustainized
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by Peddler
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by HiFiChris
- › Campfire Audio Lyra II by alffla
- › Kingston Headset KHX-H3CL/WR HyperX Cloud Headset Black Retail by tproc
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by tproc
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5 by NCSUZoSo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by FortisFlyer75
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by twister6
- › Brainwavz B150 by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear