or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 188

post #2806 of 16769
iE800 is not garbage no way no how....yes they should have replaceable cables that may have solved all the cable issues. I own both the Shure as like you are the first pair I've owned and I love them as I used to always love their sound they just seemed a little bass lite for me but the SE846 are great and I love them
Edited by dsincere - 5/30/14 at 5:10am
post #2807 of 16769
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsincere View Post

iE800 is not garbage no way no how....yes they should have replaceable cables that may have solved all the cable issues. I own both the Shure as like you are the first pair I've owned and I love them as I used to always love their sound they just seemed a little bass lite for me but the SE846 are great and I love them

I'm wondering if there is decernable difference between IE800 treble extension and the 846 as IE800 dynamic drivers extend the treble further on the FR. Also IE800 dynamic has close to flat impedance graph.  BA has resonance at the crossovers from my understanding.  Although I prefer the sound of BA over dynamic in general as I feel it has more clarity.  Only dynamic I've heard that has good clarity is EX-1000, which is not an option for me as it has little isolation. It has a large dynamic driver.


Edited by SilverEars - 5/30/14 at 5:15am
post #2808 of 16769

THe IE800 goes out to about 18KHz but rings around 6-10KHz.  On the other side the 846 has long decay from 20-1000Hz.

post #2809 of 16769
I'm going to buy these soon and wanted to know we're I can get a list of authorize seller. Is b and h an authorize seller. I live in the city and that's not to far from me
post #2810 of 16769
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayaudio116 View Post

I'm going to buy these soon and wanted to know we're I can get a list of authorize seller. Is b and h an authorize seller. I live in the city and that's not to far from me

BH is. http://www.shure.com/americas/where-to-buy/in-store 

Search for zip code 10001.


Edited by imackler - 5/30/14 at 12:32pm
post #2811 of 16769
Nevermind

Edited by burtomr - 5/30/14 at 12:35pm
post #2812 of 16769
Thanks. Can't wait to try these out
post #2813 of 16769

Hello

i'm about now to click on buy for a Shure SE846.

what about the comparaison with Weston 60 ? or the Sennheiser IE 800 In-Ear Headphones ?

will be use with AK and DX90

 

thx

sam

post #2814 of 16769

You will love the 846 and it is IMHO head and shoulders better than the W60 which I bought and returned!

post #2815 of 16769

 This place is a cancer. I just ordered these. I don't really need an IEM as I have three already: GR07 BE, JVC FXZ200, AT CKS1000 ( PM me if you want any of these), but I've read so many great things about the SE846. The next question is do I go DX90 or maybe a balanced portable (ie RX MK3+, Hifi M8). These will only be used at the office and gym.

post #2816 of 16769
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPoor View Post
 

 This place is a cancer. I just ordered these. I don't really need an IEM as I have three already: GR07 BE, JVC FXZ200, AT CKS1000 ( PM me if you want any of these), but I've read so many great things about the SE846. The next question is do I go DX90 or maybe a balanced portable (ie RX MK3+, Hifi M8). These will only be used at the office and gym.

 

i encourage you to go for the DX90.

i have ab AK120, but really since i got the DX90, i'm discovering my sel to use only the DX90 now :-) 

DX90 is better. Go for it.

sam

post #2817 of 16769
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPoor View Post
 

The next question is do I go DX90 or maybe a balanced portable (ie RX MK3+, Hifi M8).

 

I'd give the DX90 more time to mature before jumping on it.  The new AK100II would be nice balanced.  I would also avoid the two listed amps since they are hiss monsters.

post #2818 of 16769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post

I'd give the DX90 more time to mature before jumping on it.  The new AK100II would be nice balanced.  I would also avoid the two listed amps since they are hiss monsters.

Give the Ray Samuels balanced amps a look like the Lightning, SR-71B or Intruder. Great sound and black hole quiet.
post #2819 of 16769
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPoor View Post
 

 This place is a cancer. I just ordered these. I don't really need an IEM as I have three already: GR07 BE, JVC FXZ200, AT CKS1000 ( PM me if you want any of these), but I've read so many great things about the SE846. The next question is do I go DX90 or maybe a balanced portable (ie RX MK3+, Hifi M8). These will only be used at the office and gym.

 

Lol... Yes it is.  Yesterday I ended up quitting my job but it still didn't stop me from ordering the Dita Answers and the FAD Heaven 6 last night.  I also do not really need them, but I do want them:)  The DX90 is quite good, mine only has about 30 hours on it now though, and from what I have read it improves quite a bit with over 100hrs break in.  I do find the 846 with the silver cable sounds better through the X5, and that the stock cable sounds better through the DX90.

post #2820 of 16769
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook76 View Post


Give the Ray Samuels balanced amps a look like the Lightning, SR-71B or Intruder. Great sound and black hole quiet.

Do you find you have any issues with your HL cable cutting out.  I've tried using the d-oxit gold but the problem seems to be getting worse.  They even cut out when I yawn or with other small movements.  The stock cable doesn't have any issues.  I wish the silver cable didn't have any problems because with the X5 LO>Pico Slim>846 it sounds amazing,  a huge improvement over the stock cable, i.e. tighter bass, and a much airier sound.

 

Thanks.

Dave.

 

Edit.  I reapplied DeOxit Gold to the HL cable connectors and the 846's and it seems to have solved the problem.  The first time I used the DeOxit I only applied it to the HL cable connectors.   Now I can move around and the sound no longer cuts out. 


Edited by Dave74 - 6/1/14 at 3:14pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread