I'm okay with that, of course :-)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by piercer, 8/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) Last post on Yesterday at 11:59 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 9/6/15 at 10:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 7/13/16 at 7:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
All instruments come to live with pm1, crystal clear and smooth at the same time. Pm1 made my Sennheiser hd650 and Grado reference 1 sound harsh and incomplete. I had some time to listen to hd800...
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I didn't really know about PaiAudio at all until very recently when I was approached by Alex Fan...
Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 155
Gear mentioned in this thread:
warm punchy enveloping over bright light and interesting . like a hug on the brain rather than a tickle does not lack detail and it slams . little up down side side sound stage just fits naturally within 2 indiscreet measurements of the outside of the brain hemisphere for about all around the 190/200 degrees mark .nick cave sounds best through these than anything ive heard +1 mids and piano! guitar timbre nothing extra special i am not huge on big bass maybe to much for me i prefer natural ...nothing to complain about here .friggin natural treble with whoptss sound if i abit forward *at times* and out of sync with sounstage< a word from our sponsers>
Most redonkulous impressions I've heard. I like it!
Edited by SilverEars - 5/9/14 at 2:55pm
Fedex just drop off the Furutech cable. I took a few photos to share with everyone. They appear well made especially the connectors. Yes, they do have memory wires but not as thick and inflexible like the stock cable. They are very comfortable instead. The left and right channels are separated almost from end to end, that is nice. I popped them in the earpieces and had very quick listen before heading out. They are a improvement over stock cable, which is very noticeable. As 0 hours, they do improve (or correct) the male voices, makes them a much more natural. I drop some
Edited by Seamaster - 5/9/14 at 6:12pm
I am listing toMeridan G08 +
By the way I ordered the 10 Ohm version of the DACport, just to confirm the theory and rumor behind the 1 Ohm mod. My next step is to get a different USB cable with signal and power are separated. Any suggestions? It has to be under $200. So far this IEM project has been very fun and with a lot less stress on my wallet. Happy Head-Fing
Edited by Seamaster - 5/9/14 at 9:29pm
If any nick picking, the vocal naturalness or tonal correctness of SE846 is still little behind Westone UM Pro 50 I had and also not as comfortable as the Pro 50, but it crush the Pro 50 in all other areas.
Edited by Seamaster - 5/9/14 at 9:35pm
I must say that I am turned around on the soundstage matter. These badboys are incredible; sound envelopes (for want of a better word) the mind. Bass can be heard against the ears, up top and right in the centre depending on the recording and what I am listening to.
Imaging is also spectacular!
While listening to Tubular Bells III again the other night I felt the guitar lost a little bit of its texture and became rather sibilant as it reached the highest of high notes however a. I am sure a better cable will rectify this and b. it matters not when every other aspect of the SE846s' sound is nigh on perfect in every other way.
Edited by Black Label - 5/10/14 at 5:19pm
- Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 37 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 1 minute ago
- › Westone W80 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Curious Cables USB 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sam 88
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...