I'm okay with that, of course :-)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by piercer, 8/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading from IE800 Last post on 11/7/14 at 2:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE 800 at $600 vs AKG K3003 at $900 vs Shure se846 at $715 Last post on 11/2/14 at 12:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Soundstage in an IEM?... Last post on 11/13/14 at 10:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Keeping IEM's in desk drawer Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- An easy way to remove tips from IEMs Last post on 9/23/14 at 8:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Had this little player for sometime now recently purchased the X1 and comparing them both im still sold on the DX50 although I still like my X1 but I still find the sound seperation on the DX50...
Disclaimer: I received this unit for review purpose as a part of the Australasian tour. The unit is owned by Paul (Brooko). Thank you for making this happen. Summary: This is the...
JOINHANDMADE'S JELLY GALAXY INTRODUCTION Joinhandmade is a Vietnamese earphone maker. Its specialty is obvious: handmade electronics. To date, Joinhandmade has released two earphones as...
I only read about them. I never tried them on. I never heard them. That's not something one normally does when parting with several hundred dollars or more for headphones. But, what I had read...
Want to preface this by presenting this picture, I'm not a TROLL or a A-Hole, I just like to mock the fu** out of headphones I dislike. This time its time for the "Fehlerhaft...
Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 155
warm punchy enveloping over bright light and interesting . like a hug on the brain rather than a tickle does not lack detail and it slams . little up down side side sound stage just fits naturally within 2 indiscreet measurements of the outside of the brain hemisphere for about all around the 190/200 degrees mark .nick cave sounds best through these than anything ive heard +1 mids and piano! guitar timbre nothing extra special i am not huge on big bass maybe to much for me i prefer natural ...nothing to complain about here .friggin natural treble with whoptss sound if i abit forward *at times* and out of sync with sounstage< a word from our sponsers>
Most redonkulous impressions I've heard. I like it!
Edited by SilverEars - 5/9/14 at 2:55pm
Fedex just drop off the Furutech cable. I took a few photos to share with everyone. They appear well made especially the connectors. Yes, they do have memory wires but not as thick and inflexible like the stock cable. They are very comfortable instead. The left and right channels are separated almost from end to end, that is nice. I popped them in the earpieces and had very quick listen before heading out. They are a improvement over stock cable, which is very noticeable. As 0 hours, they do improve (or correct) the male voices, makes them a much more natural. I drop some
Edited by Seamaster - 5/9/14 at 6:12pm
I am listing toMeridan G08 +
By the way I ordered the 10 Ohm version of the DACport, just to confirm the theory and rumor behind the 1 Ohm mod. My next step is to get a different USB cable with signal and power are separated. Any suggestions? It has to be under $200. So far this IEM project has been very fun and with a lot less stress on my wallet. Happy Head-Fing
Edited by Seamaster - 5/9/14 at 9:29pm
If any nick picking, the vocal naturalness or tonal correctness of SE846 is still little behind Westone UM Pro 50 I had and also not as comfortable as the Pro 50, but it crush the Pro 50 in all other areas.
Edited by Seamaster - 5/9/14 at 9:35pm
I must say that I am turned around on the soundstage matter. These badboys are incredible; sound envelopes (for want of a better word) the mind. Bass can be heard against the ears, up top and right in the centre depending on the recording and what I am listening to.
Imaging is also spectacular!
While listening to Tubular Bells III again the other night I felt the guitar lost a little bit of its texture and became rather sibilant as it reached the highest of high notes however a. I am sure a better cable will rectify this and b. it matters not when every other aspect of the SE846s' sound is nigh on perfect in every other way.
Edited by Black Label - 5/10/14 at 5:19pm
- Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 2 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 seconds ago
- › Gah. 'Audiophile' USB Cable. 48 seconds ago
- › On ear headphones under $250 (comfortable). 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › <$150 Open headphones suggestions? (gaming, sound stage, music,... 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Replacement for Etymotic hf3 -- or just get another pair? 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › Can't Create a Classified Posting and Can't Figure out why 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by twelvebears
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Loquah
- › Brainwavz AP001 Portable Headphone Amplifier by earfonia
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by CasperBxl
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)