I'm okay with that, of course :-)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by piercer, 8/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading from IE800 Last post on 11/7/14 at 2:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE 800 at $600 vs AKG K3003 at $900 vs Shure se846 at $715 Last post on 11/2/14 at 12:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Soundstage in an IEM?... Last post on 11/13/14 at 10:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Keeping IEM's in desk drawer Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- An easy way to remove tips from IEMs Last post on 9/23/14 at 8:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 155
warm punchy enveloping over bright light and interesting . like a hug on the brain rather than a tickle does not lack detail and it slams . little up down side side sound stage just fits naturally within 2 indiscreet measurements of the outside of the brain hemisphere for about all around the 190/200 degrees mark .nick cave sounds best through these than anything ive heard +1 mids and piano! guitar timbre nothing extra special i am not huge on big bass maybe to much for me i prefer natural ...nothing to complain about here .friggin natural treble with whoptss sound if i abit forward *at times* and out of sync with sounstage< a word from our sponsers>
Most redonkulous impressions I've heard. I like it!
Edited by SilverEars - 5/9/14 at 2:55pm
Fedex just drop off the Furutech cable. I took a few photos to share with everyone. They appear well made especially the connectors. Yes, they do have memory wires but not as thick and inflexible like the stock cable. They are very comfortable instead. The left and right channels are separated almost from end to end, that is nice. I popped them in the earpieces and had very quick listen before heading out. They are a improvement over stock cable, which is very noticeable. As 0 hours, they do improve (or correct) the male voices, makes them a much more natural. I drop some
Edited by Seamaster - 5/9/14 at 6:12pm
I am listing toMeridan G08 +
By the way I ordered the 10 Ohm version of the DACport, just to confirm the theory and rumor behind the 1 Ohm mod. My next step is to get a different USB cable with signal and power are separated. Any suggestions? It has to be under $200. So far this IEM project has been very fun and with a lot less stress on my wallet. Happy Head-Fing
Edited by Seamaster - 5/9/14 at 9:29pm
If any nick picking, the vocal naturalness or tonal correctness of SE846 is still little behind Westone UM Pro 50 I had and also not as comfortable as the Pro 50, but it crush the Pro 50 in all other areas.
Edited by Seamaster - 5/9/14 at 9:35pm
I must say that I am turned around on the soundstage matter. These badboys are incredible; sound envelopes (for want of a better word) the mind. Bass can be heard against the ears, up top and right in the centre depending on the recording and what I am listening to.
Imaging is also spectacular!
While listening to Tubular Bells III again the other night I felt the guitar lost a little bit of its texture and became rather sibilant as it reached the highest of high notes however a. I am sure a better cable will rectify this and b. it matters not when every other aspect of the SE846s' sound is nigh on perfect in every other way.
Edited by Black Label - 5/10/14 at 5:19pm
- Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears 1 minute ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze lcd 2 help 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)