I'm okay with that, of course :-)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by piercer, 8/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- Keeping IEM's in desk drawer Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- An easy way to remove tips from IEMs Last post on 9/23/14 at 8:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- amp for se846? Last post on 9/20/14 at 7:49am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best UIEM to run with Last post on 9/23/14 at 9:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears' New Way Of Making Custom In-Ear Monitors - Head-Fi TV Last post on 10/1/14 at 8:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 155
Gear mentioned in this thread:
warm punchy enveloping over bright light and interesting . like a hug on the brain rather than a tickle does not lack detail and it slams . little up down side side sound stage just fits naturally within 2 indiscreet measurements of the outside of the brain hemisphere for about all around the 190/200 degrees mark .nick cave sounds best through these than anything ive heard +1 mids and piano! guitar timbre nothing extra special i am not huge on big bass maybe to much for me i prefer natural ...nothing to complain about here .friggin natural treble with whoptss sound if i abit forward *at times* and out of sync with sounstage< a word from our sponsers>
Most redonkulous impressions I've heard. I like it!
Edited by SilverEars - 5/9/14 at 2:55pm
Fedex just drop off the Furutech cable. I took a few photos to share with everyone. They appear well made especially the connectors. Yes, they do have memory wires but not as thick and inflexible like the stock cable. They are very comfortable instead. The left and right channels are separated almost from end to end, that is nice. I popped them in the earpieces and had very quick listen before heading out. They are a improvement over stock cable, which is very noticeable. As 0 hours, they do improve (or correct) the male voices, makes them a much more natural. I drop some
Edited by Seamaster - 5/9/14 at 6:12pm
I am listing toMeridan G08 +
By the way I ordered the 10 Ohm version of the DACport, just to confirm the theory and rumor behind the 1 Ohm mod. My next step is to get a different USB cable with signal and power are separated. Any suggestions? It has to be under $200. So far this IEM project has been very fun and with a lot less stress on my wallet. Happy Head-Fing
Edited by Seamaster - 5/9/14 at 9:29pm
If any nick picking, the vocal naturalness or tonal correctness of SE846 is still little behind Westone UM Pro 50 I had and also not as comfortable as the Pro 50, but it crush the Pro 50 in all other areas.
Edited by Seamaster - 5/9/14 at 9:35pm
I must say that I am turned around on the soundstage matter. These badboys are incredible; sound envelopes (for want of a better word) the mind. Bass can be heard against the ears, up top and right in the centre depending on the recording and what I am listening to.
Imaging is also spectacular!
While listening to Tubular Bells III again the other night I felt the guitar lost a little bit of its texture and became rather sibilant as it reached the highest of high notes however a. I am sure a better cable will rectify this and b. it matters not when every other aspect of the SE846s' sound is nigh on perfect in every other way.
Edited by Black Label - 5/10/14 at 5:19pm
- Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
- › Why does no one use Ultraleather? 8 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 46 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 47 seconds ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › Passive Speaker/Amp Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)