I'm okay with that, of course :-)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by piercer, 8/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best Soundstage in an IEM?... Last post on 10/21/14 at 11:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Keeping IEM's in desk drawer Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- An easy way to remove tips from IEMs Last post on 9/23/14 at 8:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- amp for se846? Last post on 9/20/14 at 7:49am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best UIEM to run with Last post on 9/23/14 at 9:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
The ATH-m50 is my first ever headphone, not including the $2 ear-buds of course. Before the m50, I was just listening to ear-buds and didn't have much affection for music reproduction. However,...
I love these. I have BeatsPro, Monster Inspiration and these blow them away! They are super comfortable and I can hear the nuances of all sounds.
These are my go-to set of headphones and I could have them on for 4-5h without fatigue or discomfort. I love the sound signature but understand it's not for everyone. Highs: Clean, detailed,...
Having a V-Moda Crossfade LP2 for a while now and very impressed with its sound quality and comfort as closed-back headphones, I was looking for a set of open-backs for certain genres of music that...
As a budget closed-back set of headphones, I think they are not bad. The treble is rolled off quite a bit, which is not great in regard to clarity, but good in reducing fatigue on long sessions....
Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 155
Gear mentioned in this thread:
warm punchy enveloping over bright light and interesting . like a hug on the brain rather than a tickle does not lack detail and it slams . little up down side side sound stage just fits naturally within 2 indiscreet measurements of the outside of the brain hemisphere for about all around the 190/200 degrees mark .nick cave sounds best through these than anything ive heard +1 mids and piano! guitar timbre nothing extra special i am not huge on big bass maybe to much for me i prefer natural ...nothing to complain about here .friggin natural treble with whoptss sound if i abit forward *at times* and out of sync with sounstage< a word from our sponsers>
Most redonkulous impressions I've heard. I like it!
Edited by SilverEars - 5/9/14 at 2:55pm
Fedex just drop off the Furutech cable. I took a few photos to share with everyone. They appear well made especially the connectors. Yes, they do have memory wires but not as thick and inflexible like the stock cable. They are very comfortable instead. The left and right channels are separated almost from end to end, that is nice. I popped them in the earpieces and had very quick listen before heading out. They are a improvement over stock cable, which is very noticeable. As 0 hours, they do improve (or correct) the male voices, makes them a much more natural. I drop some
Edited by Seamaster - 5/9/14 at 6:12pm
I am listing toMeridan G08 +
By the way I ordered the 10 Ohm version of the DACport, just to confirm the theory and rumor behind the 1 Ohm mod. My next step is to get a different USB cable with signal and power are separated. Any suggestions? It has to be under $200. So far this IEM project has been very fun and with a lot less stress on my wallet. Happy Head-Fing
Edited by Seamaster - 5/9/14 at 9:29pm
If any nick picking, the vocal naturalness or tonal correctness of SE846 is still little behind Westone UM Pro 50 I had and also not as comfortable as the Pro 50, but it crush the Pro 50 in all other areas.
Edited by Seamaster - 5/9/14 at 9:35pm
I must say that I am turned around on the soundstage matter. These badboys are incredible; sound envelopes (for want of a better word) the mind. Bass can be heard against the ears, up top and right in the centre depending on the recording and what I am listening to.
Imaging is also spectacular!
While listening to Tubular Bells III again the other night I felt the guitar lost a little bit of its texture and became rather sibilant as it reached the highest of high notes however a. I am sure a better cable will rectify this and b. it matters not when every other aspect of the SE846s' sound is nigh on perfect in every other way.
Edited by Black Label - 5/10/14 at 5:19pm
- Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
- › ***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared*** 12 seconds ago
- › hfb_chat - Discussion, suggestions, ballroom dancing 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 5 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 9 minutes ago
- › Looking for help choosing some cans 10 minutes ago
- › Fiio E11k or E07K for Beyerdynamic T90? 10 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by alexau123
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by jehovahluvsme
- › V-MODA LP2 by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by M-Techn1k
- › Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)