or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 152

post #2266 of 16770

Hi there, I had the same issue 2 weeks after i bought the IEM. The creaking noise started developing when i switched filters (Black to Blue). A few days later i changed the filters back from Blue to Black. The creaking notices disappeared thereafter. My guess is that I had not placed the filter into the IEM properly and failed to tighten the screw that secures the nozzle properly. I would suggest that you remove the filter and try putting everything into place properly. Make sure that the filter fits into the hole snugly and and that the nozzle is lodged into IEM firmly.

 

From what you have written, it sounds like the nozzle is not firmly screwed to the IEM. Hopefully this advise help to resolve your issue. 

post #2267 of 16770
Quote:
Originally Posted by elindil View Post

Hi there, I had the same issue 2 weeks after i bought the IEM. The creaking noise started developing when i switched filters (Black to Blue). A few days later i changed the filters back from Blue to Black. The creaking notices disappeared thereafter. My guess is that I had not placed the filter into the IEM properly and failed to tighten the screw that secures the nozzle properly. I would suggest that you remove the filter and try putting everything into place properly. Make sure that the filter fits into the hole snugly and and that the nozzle is lodged into IEM firmly.

From what you have written, it sounds like the nozzle is not firmly screwed to the IEM. Hopefully this advise help to resolve your issue. 

Thanks, but I've checked several times and I'm 100% it's a loose housing of sorts.
post #2268 of 16770
Quote:
Originally Posted by schtinkmeaner View Post

hey man u say uve had some lcd cans but the 846 trumps them in sound, i would never by cans because they are a bit goofy for me

They don't 'trump them in sound' but I prefer them.
post #2269 of 16770

Hi all - I just bought the SE846. Can I ask how many nozzle inserts you received in your box?

 

I think I have:

 

One blue (installed in the earphones)

Two blacks

Two whites.

 

I was wondering if I am missing a spare blue.

 

Many thanks

 

Kind regards

post #2270 of 16770
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdill View Post

Hi all - I just bought the SE846. Can I ask how many nozzle inserts you received in your box?



I think I have:

One blue (installed in the earphones)
Two blacks
Two whites.



I was wondering if I am missing a spare blue.

Many thanks

Kind regards

No it's correct one pair of each the blue is already installed
post #2271 of 16770
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdill View Post
 

Hi all - I just bought the SE846. Can I ask how many nozzle inserts you received in your box?

 

I think I have:

 

One blue (installed in the earphones)

Two blacks

Two whites.

 

I was wondering if I am missing a spare blue.

 

Many thanks

 

Kind regards

 

Mine (US purchased) only came with one set of each (2x blue nozzles, 2x white nozzles, 2x black nozzles).

post #2272 of 16770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamateur View Post
 

 

Mine (US purchased) only came with one set of each (2x blue nozzles, 2x white nozzles, 2x black nozzles).

 

Thank to you both - I confirm mine (from HK) has one pair of each (2x blue nozzles, 2x white nozzles, 2x black nozzles).

 

I have to say, the build on this is awesome, haven't seen anything like it

 

Kind regards

post #2273 of 16770
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundblast75 View Post

My Linz cable from Ted Allen is on its way, so is Hugo😊😊😊😊

Let me know how they sound with your Hugo. I think there might be some hiss there.
post #2274 of 16770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post

Let me know how they sound with your Hugo. I think there might be some hiss there.
Sure,i hope nit , but it doesn't usually bother me if a little only,should have it early next week
post #2275 of 16770
Greetings to all.

Back in October 2010, I became the proud owner of a pair of SE535-CL Shures. These IEMs have accompanied me on many overseas business trips, keeping me very happy and pleasantly entertained on long-haul flights.

I had discovered Head-Fi a few months prior to purchasing the SE535s and the experts and enthusiasts' opinions on this site have had a major contribution helping me make the important purchasing decision. I have been reading opinions, thoughts, advice and suggestions on the Head-Fi forums ever since.

This year, on 14 February, I became the even prouder owner of the fantastic SE846-CL earphones, production date 18 November 2013. Again, I have bought these IEMs based mainly on the opinions I have read here, on Head-Fi. And I have been enjoying the 846s over the last few months greatly.

It's been now four years since I have started reading and enjoying the Head-Fi forums. And this has been a tremendous experience. Long overdue, I have finally registered and hope to bring my humble contributions (and questions) to the community.

Michael
post #2276 of 16770
Great song to test out how dayum sweet these iems are,

Saschs funke mango Press R for galaxy
post #2277 of 16770
I got the same deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamateur View Post

For anyone wanting a discount from an authorized retailer on the SE846, I bought mine at one of the InMotion Entertainment stores that are ubiquitous in major airports in the US. Not only do they let you demo them there, but you can usually negotiate a little bit. Just be friendly with the store workers. I happened to be demoing with an employee who was the store manager and asked if he could do better on the price. He dropped it 10% right there. I might have been able to bargain him a bit lower but had to rush to catch my flight. Be warned, however: the packaging for the SE846 is HUGE by IEM standards. I could barely cram it in my carry-on!

I got the same deal, actually how I bought all my shures, starting with e500 , demoed them and they had me at first bass drop. Was carrying 535s a few weeks ago, and demoed 846, what a difference spent 30 minutes going back and fourth, bought and out the for 10% discount ! Best 12 hr business flight I had in a long time!
post #2278 of 16770

Picked them up from the post office this morning. Initial impressions, I have to say I feel a bit underwhelmed. Maybe I expected the jump in SQ to be bigger. Things I noticed right away are it's wide soundstage and good instrument separation. Other than that, I cant say that it sounds substantially better than my Merlins.

 

Listened to the IE800 yesterday and those got me excited right away. It was probably because of the treble which seems much more extended than both the Merlins and SE846. I'll give the SE846's some more time though. I've only listened to them for an hour with blue filters.

 

Fit is very good since they are very light. But they are actually bigger than I thought and don't sit quite as flush as I expected.


Edited by aLm0sT - 5/8/14 at 12:08pm
post #2279 of 16770
Quote:
Originally Posted by aLm0sT View Post
 

Picked them up from the post office this morning. Initial impressions, I have to say I feel a bit underwhelmed. Maybe I expected the jump in SQ to be bigger. Things I noticed right away are it's wide soundstage and good instrument separation. Other than that, I cant say that it sounds substantially better than my Merlins.

 

Listened to the IE800 yesterday and those got me excited right away. It was probably because of the treble which is much more extended than both the Merlins and SE846. 

I'll give the SE846's some more time though. I've only listened to them for an hour with blue filters.

 

Fit is very good since they are very light. But they are actually bigger than I thought and don't sit quite as flush as I expected.

Treble is much better with the white filters, but there is still a bit of roll-off on the top end. You'll have to let us know how they compare again after swapping them out.

post #2280 of 16770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post


Let me know how they sound with your Hugo. I think there might be some hiss there.

 

There is a very very minimal hiss and take some effort to hear it when you are outside. I would say it sound more like space than hiss. It don't bother me at all. The SQ with Hugo is excellent.. like carrying your high end turntable as source - very analogue sounding.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread