Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 144

post #2146 of 5522
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundblast75 View Post

Treble's here!
White filter is nothing like what i expected reading reviews

 

Shure couldn't name them this way but it really is White=Neutral, Blue=Warm, Black=Dark.

post #2147 of 5522

I'm considering to buy a FiiO E10 or E17 to use the 846 with computers. Are they a good match?

post #2148 of 5522
Quote:
Originally Posted by me7 View Post
 

I'm considering to buy a FiiO E10 or E17 to use the 846 with computers. Are they a good match?

For iems, I use ODAC/O2 combo if I am home for more accurate sound, and to me it's better than any portables.  E17, not so much.  Only benefits to E17 I can think of is for having it to use overears, and the small size for portability, but for iems, I don't see practicality.  I don't hear improvements with the Wolfson inside the E17 to have that extra bulk added to your smartphone with otg, unless you are using overears.


Edited by SilverEars - 5/3/14 at 6:27am
post #2149 of 5522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post
 

 

Shure couldn't name them this way but it really is White=Neutral, Blue=Warm, Black=Dark.


I will prob never try the Dark, but the other two are both good for me

post #2150 of 5522

Yeah Tokyo baby!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solude View Post
 

Shure couldn't name them this way but it really is White=Neutral, Blue=Warm, Black=Dark.

 

This is what I hear also between each filer having reached only 10.0 hours mark but am prepared for a change of mind as the listening time increases(!)

 

White filter at this initial stage opens up the mids and treble without sacrificing much at the low end. For me best compromise of the three filters. Still overall warm signature. Black overdoes it and only a minority of Head-Fiers will go for it I suspect, going by the apparent modern tastes of the community

 

*From memory* 1plus2 bigger soundstage and bass. At Tokyo prices and the saving SE846 easy / easier buy. Native UK prices however would cause one to pause and seek out fitear, 1p2 or even wallet-busting Roxanne to demo also

post #2151 of 5522
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC_SL View Post

Yeah Tokyo baby!

This is what I hear also between each filer having reached only 10.0 hours mark but am prepared for a change of mind as the listening time increases(!)

White filter at this initial stage opens up the mids and treble without sacrificing much at the low end. For me best compromise of the three filters. Still overall warm signature. Black overdoes it and only a minority of Head-Fiers will go for it I suspect, going by the apparent modern tastes of the community

*From memory* 1plus2 bigger soundstage and bass. At Tokyo prices and the saving SE846 easy / easier buy. Native UK prices however would cause one to pause and seek out fitear, 1p2 or even wallet-busting Roxanne to demo also

1plus2 was my first choice. What put me off was people saying that they fall out of your ears.
post #2152 of 5522
846 are a great mach with rsa shadow, not keeping the pure ii, its great, but too cold sounding for my taste somehow
post #2153 of 5522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post

1plus2 was my first choice. What put me off was people saying that they fall out of your ears.

What put me off was the $2,600 price with uber cable. No worries, the new Reference 1 will only cost a scant $3,000 with the uber cable.
Edited by spook76 - 5/4/14 at 5:54am
post #2154 of 5522
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook76 View Post

What put me off was the $2,600 price with uber cable. No worries, the new Reference 1 will only cost a scant $3,000 with the uber cable.

Haha yes, i wonder is it coz we r all rich idiots here or coz the stuff we smoke or drink's that good
post #2155 of 5522

Gold + IEM = Bad

post #2156 of 5522
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook76 View Post

What put me off was the $2,600 price with uber cable. No worries, the new Reference 1 will only cost a scant $3,000 with the uber cable.

Lol. I wouldn't have got the über cable. The price of the 1plus2 with silver/gold cable, if I'd been able to get it to the UK without paying customs, would have been a bit less than what the Shures cost here. Ultimately it came down to ergonomics and there was no way i was gonna shell out that kind of money for an IEM that might not have stayed in my ear.

The Fitear TOGO334 was also on my radar but they're hard to come by these days. Also the Earsonics S-EM6 which I'm still thinking about picking up as a compliment to the SE846,
post #2157 of 5522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post

Gold + IEM = Bad
I say use aluminum. About the same lousy conductivity as gold at a fraction of the price and it does not tarnish or rust.
post #2158 of 5522

I just ordered a pair of furutech alpha design labs ihp-35m cable for my SE846. I am not that rich or crazy to spend a grand on IEM cable.

 

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-135240-alpha-design-labs-ihp-35m-headphone-cable.aspx

 

At $120, i will give it a shot.

 

I have read some reviews about this cable in some Asian audio magazines, pretty positive. I was thinking about Oyaide cable too, but there are many report of their reliability issues that put me off.


Edited by Seamaster - 5/4/14 at 9:01am
post #2159 of 5522

The 1p2 stock cable is one of the factors that cause nut to fall off, change the cable to whiplash or anyone cable without the memory hook, and 1p2 stay pretty well in ear.

post #2160 of 5522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post

1plus2 was my first choice. What put me off was people saying that they fall out of your ears.

 

Demoed 1plus2 at London meet. First universal IEM that made me think "I do not like the upward pricing trend in portable audio that has appeared in recent years, but yeah I get what they bring". Or rather what the 1plus2 is bringing.

 

Am fortunate to have been able to wear every IEM I have come across. Generic ears? Who knows.

 

Tokyo price for SE846 too good to pass. UK / EU pricing versus Jpn is just sad. You can nearly buy 2x sets! So you lose a large clear storage case which is missing in Asia packaging, meh. If was spending £1k then would want to demo fitear and Roxanne for full picture of the landscape. Resisted temptation to demo universal Roxanne in Tokyo. Saving for future trip and/or not wanting to ruin life.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread