Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 131

post #1951 of 4638
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolutionz View Post
 

Ive never used dacport, but i own the dacmini with the 1ohm mod, and it sounds great with the 846. I think the sound sig between the 2 are similar. Very balanced sound with good detail.

That is very encouraging. I chose Dacport mainly because its form factor that easy to carry around with my Macbook beside the SQ. I knew 846 needs some air.


Edited by Seamaster - 4/23/14 at 12:01pm
post #1952 of 4638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Griffith View Post
 

 A little off current topic..but had to chime in. I am a very long time member/old man who writes little and reads a lot  here. I just got the 846 last week. I am in absolute bliss with these and will try to give more details or my limited review later about them. I don't have the  know how of most of you..just love a good sound. I had to sell a few pair of over ear to cover cost before interest charges.. but cannot part with the 846..just loving these. Thanks to all of you for your impressions and thought on them etc...it helped a whole lot!

 

Yes there are only two products I've purchased that I liked from the start, and continued to like to this day: the HD800 and the SE846.

 

That's why I hesitate to buy the Roxannes (not that I really had a chance yet, as I keep checking and they're never in stock) -- there are lots of high priced audiophile items that head-fiers like, but that I didn't really like after buying them (audeze lcd xc, burson conductor, beyerdynamic t1 . . . )

post #1953 of 4638

Hype trains and Head-Fi go hand in hand.  High price and high quality however don't always go hand in hand.

post #1954 of 4638
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag8908 View Post
 

 

Y but that I didn't really like after buying them beyerdynamic t1 . . . 

I am with you about T1, I had mine for a month, the sound of T-1 is flat, not involving, and my emotion was not attached to them when listing, you know what I mean. 

post #1955 of 4638

I ordered the Sony NW-ZX1 Sunday night and it arrived Tuesday morning (fastest order ever). I bought the ZX1 essentially to laugh at another audiophile DAP before returning it. The Note 3 (with V4A and Poweramp) has deeper bass and crisper highs than the ZX1 (with the Sony Player and ClearAudio +). The Note 3 also have a larger sound and a deeper soundstage, so ha ha.

 

Okay, that's where the laughter ends. The ZX1 is good. I posted that I wanted binaural-like sound. Well, the ZX1 is pretty close to it. The sounds panned left and right are spread wide (with black space between) and is as clear (if not clearer) than the sounds in the center. The dynamics are nice too.

 

I don't want an $800+ music player. I was just messing around.:blink: The problem now is I've never returned something that was better. I've got to get busy finding a music player app (or something) that allows the Note 3 to do what the ZX1 can do. It would also be nice to have hardware buttons on the outside. I guess I could remap the existing volume and home screen buttons on the Note 3 to control the music without waking the screen.

post #1956 of 4638
Why is this in the SE846 thread?
post #1957 of 4638
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdriver View Post

I ordered the Sony NW-ZX1 Sunday night and it arrived Tuesday morning (fastest order ever). I bought the ZX1 essentially to laugh at another audiophile DAP before returning it. The Note 3 (with V4A and Poweramp) has deeper bass and crisper highs than the ZX1 (with the Sony Player and ClearAudio +). The Note 3 also have a larger sound and a deeper soundstage, so ha ha.

Okay, that's where the laughter ends. The ZX1 is good. I posted that I wanted binaural-like sound. Well, the ZX1 is pretty close to it. The sounds panned left and right are spread wide (with black space between) and is as clear (if not clearer) than the sounds in the center. The dynamics are nice too.

I don't want an $800+ music player. I was just messing around.blink.gif The problem now is I've never returned something that was better. I've got to get busy finding a music player app (or something) that allows the Note 3 to do what the ZX1 can do. It would also be nice to have hardware buttons on the outside. I guess I could remap the existing volume and home screen buttons on the Note 3 to control the music without waking the screen.

Let me know what you find. I have the note 3 dac and it sounds good but upgrades are good too
post #1958 of 4638
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuachew View Post


You are welcome. (:

I am sure you won't regret it if you do decide to buy the Roxannes. And if you're not ready to drop that much cash in something that someone is describing to you online, when you drop by in Singapore. There are universal Roxannes for you to try in Jaben. If you like it you may then go home and get it. Be it custom or universal. But just don't get it from Jaben. Lol. They're mark up is insane and they dint bother updating you once you have paid. Any request for a statues will just return with a we are not sure we are also just waiting. I bought my universals from Moon Audio and Drew personally emailed me to keep me updated in the status of the earphones as we were the first batch of pre orders.

 

You mean as oppose to way the above is on this thread?

 

I was looking for a DAP to pair with my 846. I forgot to post that part, my bad.

post #1959 of 4638
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag8908 View Post


Let me know what you find. I have the note 3 dac and it sounds good but upgrades are good too

 

Will do.

post #1960 of 4638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Griffith View Post
 

 A little off current topic..but had to chime in. I am a very long time member/old man who writes little and reads a lot  here. I just got the 846 last week. I am in absolute bliss with these and will try to give more details or my limited review later about them. I don't have the  know how of most of you..just love a good sound. I had to sell a few pair of over ear to cover cost before interest charges.. but cannot part with the 846..just loving these. Thanks to all of you for your impressions and thought on them etc...it helped a whole lot!

 

Glad to hear they're working so well for you. What tips and filters are you using btw?

post #1961 of 4638
Which cable would you recommend for use with the iBasso DX90 and the 846's?
post #1962 of 4638
Quote:
Originally Posted by wollabilla View Post

Which cable would you recommend for use with the iBasso DX90 and the 846's?

Ted Allen at Headphone Lounge. Great build quality, fast turn around time and a real value. OCC silver cable for about $190.
post #1963 of 4638
Thanks, I checked the website, but it looks a little confusing to me. Also, wouldn't silver cables be too bright in combination with the DX90?
post #1964 of 4638
Quote:
Originally Posted by wollabilla View Post

Thanks, I checked the website, but it looks a little confusing to me. Also, wouldn't silver cables be too bright in combination with the DX90?

No no. Silver brings a clarity and dynamic to the entire frequency response that some misinterpret as brightness.

Ted has a new OCC silver litz cable that certainly adds more punch at the low end and is his best cable yet. Check out my review at the New Headphone Lounge appreciation thread. http://www.head-fi.org/t/695297/the-new-headphone-lounge-thread/120_20#post_10484772

Also, look on his website at the top for the section "How to Order Cables" very helpful step by step guide.
Edited by spook76 - 4/24/14 at 4:59am
post #1965 of 4638
Ok, thanks. How is the stiffness of the cable compared to the stock cable? I'm a bit annoyed with the stiffness (around the ears) of the stock cable.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread