or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 113

post #1681 of 16770
I guess all that's left is for someone to give spook a friendly visit smily_headphones1.gif
post #1682 of 16770
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook76 View Post


Alright. Truck since you have the SE846, I will leave you my Lightning amp but Mimouille gets the SE846.

 

That's a good compromise. You should be advising the governor when you're in Arizona and the president when you're in D.C.

 

I'll know you had an unauthorized "visit" if an AK240 shows up in your profile.:wink_face:

post #1683 of 16770
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook76 View Post

Hehe. Remember, Mimouille if I drop dead you get my portable rig.
You will soon reveice a package with a delicious apple from me. Enjoy it.
post #1684 of 16770
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeskd View Post

Wow guys, you're really really tempting me to open the unopened 846 I've got for sale!! triportsad.gif

Why is it unopened and for sale?
post #1685 of 16770
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlach View Post


Why is it unopened and for sale?

 

There's really nothing special (or detectable) about opened (or unopened).

post #1686 of 16770
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlach View Post


Why is it unopened and for sale?

*Cough* *cough* The wife.

post #1687 of 16770
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeskd View Post

*Cough* *cough* The wife.

I bribe my wife with a shopping trip and tell her what I just bought on the way home. It more than doubles my purchase price but I avoid the acrimony. "But honey we just spent $1000 on shoes and LuLulemon outfits". Works like a charm.
post #1688 of 16770

Well, this addiction is spreading.  Luckily, I don't have a wife I have to bribe to make stupid purchases.  I now went full into my home theater system also, and bought a full set of Martin Logan speakers tonight.  This madness has to stop somewhere....*sigh*

post #1689 of 16770
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolutionz View Post

Well, this addiction is spreading.  Luckily, I don't have a wife I have to bribe to make stupid purchases.  I now went full into my home theater system also, and bought a full set of Martin Logan speakers tonight.  This madness has to stop somewhere....*sigh*

No worries, it will stop when we both file for personal bankruptcy under Chapter 7 but then the trustee might seize our audio equipment.
post #1690 of 16770
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook76 View Post


No worries, it will stop when we both file for personal bankruptcy under Chapter 7 but then the trustee might seize our audio equipment

NO!  I can't part with my audio equipment!

 

Now I just gotta start looking at the next (un)reasonable step...separate pre-processor and amplifier.

 

Along with this, I still want a new portable dac/amp combo, and a pair of LCD-X, and a new tube amp for my desktop and.......

post #1691 of 16770
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolutionz View Post

NO!  I can't part with my audio equipment!

Now I just gotta start looking at the next (un)reasonable step...separate pre-processor and amplifier.

Along with this, I still want a new portable dac/amp combo, and a pair of LCD-X, and a new tube amp for my desktop and.......

Chapter 7 has a personal property exemption so your headphones and IEMs should be safe but home stereos are another matter. Hehe
post #1692 of 16770

Hi guys,

Bought myself a pair of SE846 after my trusty W2 gave up. I usually buy what I like and play it till it dies... I just couldn't resist myself when I heard the SE846, so they are mine now. No regrets, just happy listening!

Anyway, I write here to get some advice, if possible. My source is another gem, an iAudio X5. I am looking to replace it for a number of reasons, but my question is about SQ together with the SE846. I feel that I could get some more sparkle out of these IEMs, and I also experience that the music tends to sound a bit uncontrolled when it gets a bit rough, like with some rock music. Is this control thing an amp issue?

The iAudio will be replaced no matter what, so I am looking for a new source, which can be a DAP or a source+amp. A one box solution would be convenient... What do you guys think make the SE846 sing in a sparkling and controlled way? At this point I will leave the cost out of the equation. I am willing to buy something that does the Shures justice, but let's keep it reasonable... SQ first.

I am scanning the forums to get wiser, but...

I will try the different filters too.

 

Thanks in advance

/Björn

post #1693 of 16770

No real way to know but the X5 is just a glorified iPod Classic so it likely has a high output impedance and as such sucked out upper mids.

post #1694 of 16770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post

No real way to know but the X5 is just a glorified iPod Classic so it likely has a high output impedance and as such sucked out upper mids.

It's output impedance is 0.26 Ω.
post #1695 of 16770
My mistake. I thought we were talking about the FiiO.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread