or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 111

post #1651 of 16771
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarko View Post
 

So I finally got my replacement pair of SE846's and I've gotta say these sound way better than the defective one's I sent back. Even though 1 earbud was dead on them, I didn't get any impression they would sound this good. I am only using an iPhone 5 to drive them right now too, with mp3's so once I get the FIIO X5 and load some of hi-res HDTracks music on them I can only imagine how much better they will sound.  Very happy Shure finally got around to sending me a new pair (build date 2/11/14), though I still think it's pretty lame to make me pay for shipping for headphones that are DOA, oh well, hopefully they will hold up this time and not break in a few weeks.


Good to know all went well.

post #1652 of 16771
There are not many companies out there in general let alone audio that will cover shipping. Anyway glad to know if worked out in the end.
post #1653 of 16771
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post

There are not many companies out there in general let alone audio that will cover shipping. Anyway glad to know if worked out in the end.


Yeah at least they just shipped a new set rather than fixing the old one. In my experience Shure is pretty much first class on customer service, sennheiseresque.

 

darko you did get the 20% discount from that retailer right?

post #1654 of 16771
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag8908 View Post
 


Yeah at least they just shipped a new set rather than fixing the old one. In my experience Shure is pretty much first class on customer service, sennheiseresque.

 

darko you did get the 20% discount from that retailer right?


well 15%, picked em up for $850

post #1655 of 16771

in addition they sent me a whole new box too, so now i have 2 of all the accessories for what it's worth

post #1656 of 16771

@goldenarko, which store/site was that?  Thanks! :D

post #1657 of 16771
agiprodj.com

not sure if they have any promo codes going right now, just do a search online, if not check back on the next holiday (maybe St. Patrick's Day they will have a promo code)
post #1658 of 16771

Thanks!

post #1659 of 16771
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post

There are not many companies out there in general let alone audio that will cover shipping. Anyway glad to know if worked out in the end.

Etymotic replaced a snapped bored, and matched the drivers and shipped it back, all for free.  No shipping cost back.

post #1660 of 16771

ok? Well what I said still stands.

post #1661 of 16771

I was reading Noble Audio's warranty info, and you are liable for shipping costs there and back. And I thought paying out to send iems off for warranty was bad enough. 

post #1662 of 16771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbleroar View Post
 

I was reading Noble Audio's warranty info, and you are liable for shipping costs there and back. And I thought paying out to send iems off for warranty was bad enough. 

 

Most companies cover shipping back, but require you to pay shipping there.  Others, like Noble, will have to pay both ways.  Others will pay both ways (but you have to follow their carrier and timing). 

post #1663 of 16771

Hey Folks, just to be clear...

Blue Filter: neutral

Black Filter: Bass Boost

White Filter: Treble Boost

....

 

right?

 

Just listening with the whites and the bass is pumping so heavy, just wanted to be sure :)))

post #1664 of 16771
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaTou069 View Post

Hey Folks, just to be clear...
Blue Filter: neutral
Black Filter: Bass Boost
White Filter: Treble Boost

Bass is the same on all filters but your sonic perception changes with the change in the treble.
....

right?

Just listening with the whites and the bass is pumping so heavy, just wanted to be sure smily_headphones1.gif))

No
blue filter: neutral
white filter: treble boost
black filter: treble reduced
Edited by spook76 - 3/13/14 at 5:51pm
post #1665 of 16771

Ah, so no effect on the bass, no problem :) thx

 

 

I have to say that microphonics are kind of a issue to me, are cables out there that reduce this?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread