- 148 Posts. Joined 1/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by piercer, 8/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- HiFi Headphones UK dem - Dita, Final, Sennheiser, Shure Last post on 12/23/14 at 5:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How can I determine the at ear SPL of In-Ear Monitors? Last post on 12/21/14 at 2:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earwerkz Legend R vs Noble K10 Brief Review (and 15 others, including CustomArt Harmony 8 Pro) Last post on Today at 5:32 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- portable amp/dac for shure 846 Last post on 12/21/14 at 2:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MUIX IX3000: A collaboration between Golden Ears and iSOUND Last post on 12/3/14 at 9:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I will keep this review short as there are lots of other well done in depth reviews out there. I have had this unit for a while now ( about 4-5 months) and I love it. I have had no issues with it...
My setup: iBasso DX50 --> Dunu DN-1000 Packaging Yes the accessories in the box are plenty. But the cloth material used for inner box and metal case is poor. The black dust from the cloth...
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 95
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yup.. heh, actually listening to them now. "Just lovely". :D
I switched off from my HD800's as the ambient noise was getting to me (kids/tv/wife)
Peace at last again.
Edit: Sorry misunderstood. I thought your wife was complaining about the noise from the HD800s.
Edited by ag8908 - 3/3/14 at 7:46am
Yup... I own those. Just fine for normal casual listening - pretty dang good pairing. I use the the X3 with my E12 when having a more serious session. Better dynamics... etc.
I'm waiting for the X5... hoping it will remove the need of the E12... for better portability.
Do let me know if you managed to try the x5 if possible? I cant decide which to get!
Th900 versus 846.
Downtemple dub remixes.
HPA8 amplifier designed for th900.
First its probably not fair to compare two different sonic driver systems, in ear and over ear. The hpa8 is an excellent vehicle to test though as it has two headphone slots for comparison. the 846 obviously needs a lot less power than the th900 so while there seems to be concern what pairs well with 846, its not as much as concern as one thinks. They sound pretty decent powered by an iphone as an example. As an outset the HPA8 provides an excellent full natural pallet as a baseline and have the gain near max with no ill effects at all, just beautiful warm forward soundstage. Th900 provides a wide rich 3d experience that doesn't sound overdone at any part of the frequency. The lows are natural as the highs with a rich middle as well. Im not sure that IEM can provide that kind of separation and detail while remains natural. The 846 bass and low end are immediately felt and presented to the listener, the U is sharp as the mids may be caved a bit to bring out some cracking highs and sharp detail. However the pallet of the 846 is overall warm yet doesn't extend nearly as far, as the mid range cave, or U certainly makes them sound less dynamic, with less forward mids. Now do not assume I dislike this presentation, again those thumps coming from the 846 at the low end certainly have the intended effect, they do sound as they sound. while th900 provide the musicality in entirety, the 846 provide a sound compensation to make the tunes sound bigger without being bigger. Again without being an engineer I mean what can one do in such a small space as an IEM that wouldn't compromise overall separation. Th900 uses an inorganic cellulose diaphragm as an example and not sure how an IEM could ever stack up against that.
The end result the TH900 remains for me a pinnacle delivery system for music to be heard as naturally and as completely in range without gimmicks, the lows full complete but not overdone, and for those that wish to hear the midrange timber, these are the cans for you. The 846 is an extraordinary IEM for bass heads and folks looking to get more from there IEM experience. This comes at a price of less mids and some snapping sharp highs ( good thing) but seeing as I find over ear more comfortable and provides a richer complete soundstage I probably wont listen to the 846 much inside. These are made for for travel IMO, and certainly take the experience from the Iphone to more than expectable level and represent in my limited experience, an excellent IEM.
Thanks for letting me share.
I can attest to the fact that AGIPRODJ is an authorized dealer. I purchased a pair of SE846 earphones from them for an unbelievably low price on 2/25. Three days later FedEx came to my door with a drop shipment directly from Shure's HQ in Niles, IL. I couldn't be happier!
My manufacturing date, for anyone interested, is 2/13/2014.
So sent another e-mail to Shure yesterday, and got a response today within 24 hours! Not sure what happened last week, maybe the last 2 got lost in the world wide interwebs, either way I'm shipping back my SE846 now, will update once I receive a new one :)
When you ask the universe nicely, it responds back within 24 hours. True story.
Guys. Someone from another thread claims the much maligned AGIPRODJ gives you 20% off an SEH846 if you use this code. http://couponfollow.com/site/agiprodj.com
Similarly, spectrumaudio gives you $150 if you register.
Too later for me (I'm not going through the hassle of returning a pair of working SE846s for the discount; I'm just happy mine work in light of Shure's approximately 5% fail rate) but might help you guys.
Do either of you hear a slight hissing sound with any of your sources? On mine, if I plug them into my Galaxy Note II, there is a slight hissing/treble static sound. That sound doesn't exist (or it exists at an almost imperceptible volume) with my LG G Flex. Since the sound varies depending on the source, I can't imagine that it would be the headphone's fault, but I was wondering if anyone else heard anything similar.
P.S. Even on the note 2, the sound is more or less drowned out with one bar of volume, and almost imperceptible with 2 bars of volume.
Edited by ag8908 - 3/4/14 at 6:55am
They're the exact same cables as my SE425 (and I assume the same as the other SEs). They're a little stiffer than they need to be but I don't mind them. I find that letting them hang behind your head (as opposed to under your chin) reduces cable noise etc.
Plus, the SE846 come with an extra set of cables.
Thanks. If by chance anyone has a Galaxy Note 2 phone that they could try that would be great. Mine only has hiss on that (it might have a tiny amount of hiss on other sources but I really can't tell it's so low).
- Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
- › HM-901 3 minutes ago
- › Official X3 firmware 3.30--M3U playlists, 5-band EQ. Merry Christmas! 3 minutes ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 4 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review) 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 6 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 6 minutes ago
- › E18 supported models list (udated on Jan 20th, 2014)! 7 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)