- 235 Posts. Joined 1/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by piercer, 8/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) Last post on Today at 9:50 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 9/6/15 at 10:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 3/18/16 at 7:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Part 1 - TORTURE TEST So, have you ever heard the noise from an old laptop's hard drive spinning-up, or the electronic "chirp" of your mouse cursor moving across your screen during music...
FiiO EM3Comfort is King DisclaimerThe EM3 was a review unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to record my thoughts and impressions on how I found the...
I have had this amp now for about 6 months, and I very much enjoy the sound. I didn't even bother with the stock tubes, they got tossed in favor of a matched pair of GE 5657's, and I have a pair of...
Rhapsodio Solar Note: The custom in-ear in this review was provided at a discounted rate. Rhapsodio is an up and coming manufacturer of both custom in-ears and custom-like universals....
The sound signature on these can be described as almost "Grado"esque. They have a mid/high forward sound that makes them great for guitar rock. They don't have the harsh treble that is...
Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 95
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yup.. heh, actually listening to them now. "Just lovely". :D
I switched off from my HD800's as the ambient noise was getting to me (kids/tv/wife)
Peace at last again.
Edit: Sorry misunderstood. I thought your wife was complaining about the noise from the HD800s.
Edited by ag8908 - 3/3/14 at 7:46am
Yup... I own those. Just fine for normal casual listening - pretty dang good pairing. I use the the X3 with my E12 when having a more serious session. Better dynamics... etc.
I'm waiting for the X5... hoping it will remove the need of the E12... for better portability.
Do let me know if you managed to try the x5 if possible? I cant decide which to get!
Th900 versus 846.
Downtemple dub remixes.
HPA8 amplifier designed for th900.
First its probably not fair to compare two different sonic driver systems, in ear and over ear. The hpa8 is an excellent vehicle to test though as it has two headphone slots for comparison. the 846 obviously needs a lot less power than the th900 so while there seems to be concern what pairs well with 846, its not as much as concern as one thinks. They sound pretty decent powered by an iphone as an example. As an outset the HPA8 provides an excellent full natural pallet as a baseline and have the gain near max with no ill effects at all, just beautiful warm forward soundstage. Th900 provides a wide rich 3d experience that doesn't sound overdone at any part of the frequency. The lows are natural as the highs with a rich middle as well. Im not sure that IEM can provide that kind of separation and detail while remains natural. The 846 bass and low end are immediately felt and presented to the listener, the U is sharp as the mids may be caved a bit to bring out some cracking highs and sharp detail. However the pallet of the 846 is overall warm yet doesn't extend nearly as far, as the mid range cave, or U certainly makes them sound less dynamic, with less forward mids. Now do not assume I dislike this presentation, again those thumps coming from the 846 at the low end certainly have the intended effect, they do sound as they sound. while th900 provide the musicality in entirety, the 846 provide a sound compensation to make the tunes sound bigger without being bigger. Again without being an engineer I mean what can one do in such a small space as an IEM that wouldn't compromise overall separation. Th900 uses an inorganic cellulose diaphragm as an example and not sure how an IEM could ever stack up against that.
The end result the TH900 remains for me a pinnacle delivery system for music to be heard as naturally and as completely in range without gimmicks, the lows full complete but not overdone, and for those that wish to hear the midrange timber, these are the cans for you. The 846 is an extraordinary IEM for bass heads and folks looking to get more from there IEM experience. This comes at a price of less mids and some snapping sharp highs ( good thing) but seeing as I find over ear more comfortable and provides a richer complete soundstage I probably wont listen to the 846 much inside. These are made for for travel IMO, and certainly take the experience from the Iphone to more than expectable level and represent in my limited experience, an excellent IEM.
Thanks for letting me share.
I can attest to the fact that AGIPRODJ is an authorized dealer. I purchased a pair of SE846 earphones from them for an unbelievably low price on 2/25. Three days later FedEx came to my door with a drop shipment directly from Shure's HQ in Niles, IL. I couldn't be happier!
My manufacturing date, for anyone interested, is 2/13/2014.
So sent another e-mail to Shure yesterday, and got a response today within 24 hours! Not sure what happened last week, maybe the last 2 got lost in the world wide interwebs, either way I'm shipping back my SE846 now, will update once I receive a new one :)
When you ask the universe nicely, it responds back within 24 hours. True story.
Guys. Someone from another thread claims the much maligned AGIPRODJ gives you 20% off an SEH846 if you use this code. http://couponfollow.com/site/agiprodj.com
Similarly, spectrumaudio gives you $150 if you register.
Too later for me (I'm not going through the hassle of returning a pair of working SE846s for the discount; I'm just happy mine work in light of Shure's approximately 5% fail rate) but might help you guys.
Do either of you hear a slight hissing sound with any of your sources? On mine, if I plug them into my Galaxy Note II, there is a slight hissing/treble static sound. That sound doesn't exist (or it exists at an almost imperceptible volume) with my LG G Flex. Since the sound varies depending on the source, I can't imagine that it would be the headphone's fault, but I was wondering if anyone else heard anything similar.
P.S. Even on the note 2, the sound is more or less drowned out with one bar of volume, and almost imperceptible with 2 bars of volume.
Edited by ag8908 - 3/4/14 at 6:55am
They're the exact same cables as my SE425 (and I assume the same as the other SEs). They're a little stiffer than they need to be but I don't mind them. I find that letting them hang behind your head (as opposed to under your chin) reduces cable noise etc.
Plus, the SE846 come with an extra set of cables.
Thanks. If by chance anyone has a Galaxy Note 2 phone that they could try that would be great. Mine only has hiss on that (it might have a tiny amount of hiss on other sources but I really can't tell it's so low).
- Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
- › Wireless headphones/hearphones - what to do? 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 2 minutes ago
- › Is there such thing as a streaming dap? 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alpha & Delta D2 Impressions 8 minutes ago
- › Official 2016 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 16, 2016, Wikia HQ 9 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 9 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 9 minutes ago
- › iFi iPurifier 2 by knorris908
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by RedJohn456
- › Little Dot I+ by Shasari
- › Rhapsodio Solar by shotgunshane
- › Superlux HD-660 by Wiljen
- › ACS T1 by Docjitters
- › QKZ W1 Pro - In-ear sport headphone by B9Scrambler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mechgamer123
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › FiiO AM5 - High Power Amplifier Module for X7 by Brooko
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse