or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 81

post #1201 of 16760

well thats a fact if you consider utility, what could possibly compare to the 25$ apple i phone earbuds in that regard. Audiophiles though by thought or by stumbling chance, as i have, go up the chain. In ear wise it was bose that showed, hey this can get better. when those craped out i tried some bower and wilkens but as great as the highs were, where are the lows. well these 846 drive not only a proportional sub woofer into your brain, the highs on a snare crack snap like twigs in your head. Are they worth the grand, well sure if you got the doe. Utility wise thats always a debate.

Now im not trying to change the thread but because of the 846 they opened up the whole head fi as it were and next step th900 and hpa8 fostex, well now heaven. So would i consider the scramble to chase the dragon even further, naw, i think im good. But thats what I say now. Cheers.


Edited by Whazzzup - 2/20/14 at 5:15pm
post #1202 of 16760
Hmm, don't know what you were trying to say in that post there, but I think I would have given you a pass for your that grammar if you were from a non-English speaking country, but Canada? Seriously? Come on man!
post #1203 of 16760
Apologize for a bit of a point by point ramble, I will work on sentence structure and grammar in the future. However, I think my points were clearly stated. I was striving for more of an informal descriptive text relaying emotion as opposed to a thesis of facts. Cheers.
Edited by Whazzzup - 2/20/14 at 5:13pm
post #1204 of 16760
It's all good, I was just ribbing you a little anyway, I went back and reread and got your point the second time. Maybe it's just my comprehension skills that need work after all (or maybe it's one too many drinks?) smily_headphones1.gif
post #1205 of 16760
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubs28 View Post
 

I ordered the Shure SE846 and should arrive next week. They better sound alot better than my Shure SE535 since they cost $1000. I'm going to be disappointed if it's only a marginal upgrade for that kind of money ( I can't find a demo unit, so I just followed some reviews )

 

I may be the only odd one here as I measure the worthiness of the my IEM by not the value of its material, technology or how well it measured in performance compared to the rest. I measured it by the joy it brings.

 

Congrats to you, I am sure it will bring alot of joy to you. It does for me..

post #1206 of 16760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whazzzup View Post
 

So would i consider the scramble to chase the dragon even further, naw, i think im good. But thats what I say now. Cheers.

 

Only for a minute....but you knew that...;) 

post #1207 of 16760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post
 

 

I may be the only odd one here as I measure the worthiness of the my IEM by not the value of its material, technology or how well it measured in performance compared to the rest. I measured it by the joy it brings.

 

Congrats to you, I am sure it will bring alot of joy to you. It does for me..

spot on. as a student i had to save up almost 4 months for these, but once i had them in my ears it was worth every single cent.

past a certain price point, it gets really really hard to justify a purchase like this with facts and specs and technical terms. yet i find it impossible to quantify the amount of listening bliss this has given (and will give) me during my long daily commutes, and how much happier i am when i arrive at my destination despite the daily inevitable taller person pressed up beside me on the train that has seemingly neglected to use toothpaste that morning. 

you can't put a price on that.  

post #1208 of 16760

totally agree, welcome to the consumer life. The same rings true with wine, cars.....just keep working so you can drive your jag to pick up sr009 and listen to them sipping some fine grand cru:)

post #1209 of 16760

Fortunately, I'm at a point in my life where I can afford to treat myself to luxuries like this.  I don't see how I'd be here though, if I were an avid head-fi-er when I was a student!  Hope you all enjoy and good luck to you!!

post #1210 of 16760

This forum can be a bad bad place if you are a student...luckily I pay these off in a days work now. As a student, I would never visit this site!

post #1211 of 16760
When I was a student, can we afford a case of beer.
post #1212 of 16760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whazzzup View Post

When I was a student, can we afford a case of beer.

 

When I was a student we could not afford a case beer....had to buy just one and share it 3 ways...:(

post #1213 of 16760
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post
 

 

When I was a student we could not afford a case beer....had to buy just one and share it 3 ways...:(

Most students would choose beer over headphones. It's the few that do otherwise!

post #1214 of 16760
uhh I'm really not sure what to make of your statement but what I spend on my audio hobby is from my savings giving tuition. don't generalize.
post #1215 of 16760
I just got a Sony ZX1, and this player is just a fantastic match for the SE846! Mind blowingly good, soundstage, deep and textured bass, micro details, fantastic dynamic range (all this No EQ and no enhancement) and contrary to what I've read not (to my ears) a cold analytical sound, rather North of neutral even with the bright filter.

It's a huge step up from an already fairly good iPod Touch 5G, and world's better than the Note3 + FiiO E18...

If you're looking for a great (& connected) player for the amazing SE846, I advise you check it out!
Edited by davidmolliere - 2/21/14 at 12:59pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread