I wish I could try the Roxanne :(
Recent Images In This Thread
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by piercer, 8/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) Last post on Today at 5:02 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 9/6/15 at 10:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 7/13/16 at 7:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 76
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was looking for your response to my question about where you drive 120 mph and I ran across this question you asked me.....
Spook, when I got my new 846, I considered calling Shure to see if this was a re-tuned version. I then remembered that I didn't write the guy's name down who finally gave me a good sounding answer on the whole 535 red "limited" and "special" edition confusion.
I swear this SE846 has been retuned. With the white filters the clarity has improved, the overall tonal balance is better with greater treble presence and imaging.
You're a better judge than I.
I suspected as much myself, but I had a few things working against me. The first was I thought the old 846 had turned a corner (and was sounding better than ever) just a week before it died (brain burn or burn in?). So, it's hard for me to say with certainty that the new 846 sounded different than the old in its last days. Secondly, I use the E5c and 535 every day for 2 weeks before getting the new 846. My system was thrown off. After that, I'd really have to have the old and new side by side to tell for sure. If you throw in finding V4A (shortly thereafter) with its new level of clarity, transparency, added deep extension, and treble extension (the whole nine); and well, I'm way off the path of knowing what's what.
One thing I can say is; It's all good!!
Edited by truckdriver - 2/16/14 at 5:09am
My 846 out of the white box because I boght it in Asia is really bright at times. Much briter then my 535 ever reached along with the sub bass that the 535 never could produce. Interesting to read in the earlier pages that some said the 846 were not much brighter then their 535.
Often times, "bright", "warm", etc, are relative terms that are based on what you may be use to hearing in another earphone. I certainly wouldn't describe the 846 as bright compared to the 535, however. I think something may be wrong, if that is the case. I'd check my seal or try different tips.
on tracks with a lot of highs I do get that and the bass is not as forwards. Example Van Halen 2 in flas. When I put on a Break track where bass is the focus point then it becomes a bass monster and the bass is very present. I use shure foams that it came with. Also I am using the FIIO X3 which really pushes the bass hard.
Okay, I didn't like the 846 with the X3 (when I had it). I thought it was too strident (among other things...).
Regardless of source, it still shouldn't be brighter than the 535 with that same source. I don't think either earphone is bright per se, but the 846 is not as edgy as the 535. Perhaps the foam is not sealing on all sides. That happens to me, which is why I don't use them. Well, I do use the foam when I pull the center out and put the foam part on the stem of the triple-flanges.
I'm sure that's true, but I don't think that matters when you say the 846 sounds brighter than the 535.
Hey truck did u use the white filter or the blue/black filter?
M8 is dead quiet from volume zero to max. This is using the lowest impedence settings. U also need to like bass alot as the m8 output some really powerful bass even when bass is set at zero.. In direct comparison to the latest itouch.
@Audiowood : I haven't used the white filter lately just the blue one since getting the new 846. Perhaps he was referring to a treble peak rather than an across the spectrum brightness.
My 846 sounds dead silent out of my old Galaxy S2 phone (which supposedly has ridiculously high output impedance). I'm hearing the very last note as songs taper off (like I've never heard before). That's with the S2 volume maxed out and controlling the volume with the Shure attenuator.
I sometimes vacillate between the Shure flagships. But, I know the 846 is the best in the truck. Plus, I don't think I've found the best matching source for the 846. Perhaps it will be the new Calyx M that's said to have an output impedance of “around zero”. Then again, that sounds like a recipe for a disastrous plug in. I might pass on that one. I had years to find good matches for the E5c and 535. I'm just getting started with the 846.
The I-15 drive from LA to Vegas is a great stretch to get the lead out - that fastest I have gone was with my little 2000 Turbo Bug - almost got to 130 - but surprisingly it felt really stable at 125 - maybe the German engineering...
Since Volkswagen owns Porcshe that is entirely possible. My car before the Porsche was the 2007 Jaguar SK Coupe and it shared about 80% of the components and engineering of the Aston Martin as that was the last year when Ford owned both brands.
- Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
- › Music Game IX 42 seconds ago
- › help me buy a DAP 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 - Ivory [Wired Apple Cable] Like New FINAL... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk 2 minutes ago
- › vibro veritas, measuring our IEMs like a pro with amateur budget. 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › A+ Technology in Daniel Hertz's Master Class software and future of... 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by SoundApprentice
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear