is the mod so much changing the sound signature of the 846
Recent Images In This Thread
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by piercer, 8/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) Last post on Today at 1:15 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 9/6/15 at 10:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 7/13/16 at 7:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Introductory word They say that once you go black.... yeah. This is quite self-explanatory. And behold, black iFi Audio product emerged. I can only say - finally. Cheers to 'em English folks....
Company 64 Audio (former 1964 Ears) is a well-known maker of top-level multidriver IEMs. They are offering a big range of models, but the most attractive feature of their earphones is APEX...
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 706
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I found it pretty noticeable. I did upgrade my Fiio X5 firmware shortly beforehand and people have said that also brought an improvement. But I can hand on heart say I've never heard a significant (often no) difference from a DAP f/w upgrade, but the modded filter brought improved clarity immediately.
The sound signature stays the same.The improvements are already stated.
To clarify:black filter-warm,bassy
blue filter -neutral(but less dark with mod),musical
Edited by Caruryn - 4/14/15 at 5:37am
Don't know what to tell you.For me before the mod the bass sounded kinda muddy and one note.Now it's clean,fast,hits hard and it's more fun to listen.(Still prefer the bass texture and balance of ie800 though).
For the most part taking the foam out seems to open up treble. I don't find that the lows are affected much. This might also relate to your source and source material.
The first thing i noticed apart from clarity and treble was how clean the bass was and i've been hearing with stock blue without much swapping for over 6 months.I can't be alone in this!
You are not alone I heard the same thing.
You remove the foam from the top end not the end that inserts into the housing (which has a little rubber bushing).
Okay thank you for clarifying
I think its the material, the hugo, and my copper litz fusion cable. I just re moded the blues again. I see the clarity in the higher registers, the bass is now hitting harder, i listen to lots of stuff with quality bass and sub bass so ill see if i can continue to like it. Just cant lose these little foamies.
Edited by Whazzzup - 4/14/15 at 9:42am
- Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 45 seconds ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › WTB: Schiit Magni 2 Uber 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Q & A 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › HD600 - on Creative SB X-Fi sound card. 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. 1-17-2017 Now... 3 minutes ago
- › PETEREK (formerly cCasperTFG) MOD & Cable Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear