I saw the headphone lounge cable. I usually buy Whiplash or DHC, but I do not want to put 300$ in a cable for a 900$ iem. However, call me shallow, but I am not a fan of the looks / finish of the headphone lounge silver cable. I find the Silver Dragon to have an (apparently) better finish, and the price difference is minimal.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by piercer, 8/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535LTD-J vs SE846 Last post on 4/14/14 at 2:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Crap!!! I lost an earpiece from my brand new Inearz customs at the airport. Last post on 4/8/14 at 11:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best custom earpieces. Last post on 4/4/14 at 2:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If you could only buy one, Westone W60 ($999), Shure SE846 ($999) or WH Audio Roxanne universal... Last post on 4/14/14 at 9:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE 846 vs closed headphones Last post on 3/27/14 at 10:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread - Page 83
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I gave a new try to all filter with the ZX1, to my surprise the (so far) very disappointing neutral filter is probably an even better fit than the bright. Fuller sound, just a little more balanced and less transparent. Although I love the crazy shivery transparency and details of the bright filter, the ZX1 renders details so well it's the first time the bright filter is fatiguing for me after 2 hours or so (at moderate listening level). I never liked the neutral filter with Touch 5G and FiiO E18, but the extra details, soundstage and dynamic range from the ZX1 is changing the game for me. I need to do so more listening of different genres, but first 2h are really interesting.
It's all about source and filters with the SE846, I like the flexibility of the system really!
I also tried the bright filter for a while after reading posts here and I really enjoy the nice lift in the treble but I just switched back and I believe that's the one for me and that at the end Shure is probably right to call it the neutral filter. But I can see why many would prefer the bright one.
Before I had the ZX1 frankly the neutral filter was a total fail, I liked the warm for its laid back character and more emphasis on mediums, and used the bright the most for its transparency and shivery (but never hot) treble. I am rather a warmer sound kind of guy so that suprised me. Neutral was kind of a let down for me. I tried it several times but never liked it. I did a lot of source/filter trials. Bright came out on top, with the warm used for late listening sessions for its soothing character. With the ZX1, the warm filter is curiously not as pleasing, the bright is exciting but tiring and the neutral seem to strike the balance I expected from its name. Maybe burn-in is also a factor with 400+ hours now on my SE846.
I guess with different sound sig from sources, filters will have a different expression so to speak. It's a combo, you have to try the filter with your source, I gave neutral a chance with ZX1 even though I had bad experience with it from day one and I don't regret it.
Edited by davidmolliere - 2/22/14 at 11:27am
Objectively the bright one is the neutral filter and the others are warm and dark.
Note the GoldenEars measurements are on a recent batch, ie no phase issue and as such less suck out through that range. Highlights that the bass is a whee high BUT there are no iems that are closer to the target curve... period. Add that it's easier to eq out a single shelf than many spikes and the 846 is a very easy iem to get what you want out of.
Edited by Solude - 2/22/14 at 3:41pm
I have SE535 and was wondering if you all are using Objective DAC/O2 Amp combo at unity gain setting with SE846. There is no source quite like it, it is transparent. What is crazy is that I've compared with other DACs, and I can hear O2 outputting better sound sourced from Objective DAC. Didn't know you can actually hear a difference with DACs. Do you guys know of a portable DAC/Amp that can be up to that level of transparency?
Edited by SilverEars - 2/23/14 at 12:26am
- Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 30 seconds ago
- › Earphones with best isolation for outsiders? 32 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 4S audio chip ? 3 minutes ago
- › Atlanta, GA - A-VCOA Presents May 4th Portable Audio Jam 6 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 7 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob