or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread - Page 59

post #871 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrising98 View Post
 

Thanks for the reply.  Yeah the comply's price is making me hesitate... I also generally like silicone more than foam tips.  

 

Might still give them a try still.  Although I can't really see how these could sound any better heh

 

My 2nd fav tips on the M200's (after the comply's) are the Vmoda Bliss 3.0 Fittings (4 pair for $5):

 

http://v-moda.com/bliss-3-0-fittings/

post #872 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrising98 View Post
 

Thanks for the reply.  Yeah the comply's price is making me hesitate... I also generally like silicone more than foam tips.  

 

Might still give them a try still.  Although I can't really see how these could sound any better heh

 

If you get a good seal and they're comfortable, I wouldn't change. I prefer silcone, and that's what I've been using with my Sennheisers and Shures and Sonys for years. The Kefs just have different size or they're too hard for my liking.

post #873 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

Anybody else use comply tx500 (or tsx500) tips with the m200's? Dannybai got me hooked on the combo. Just a wonderfully balanced, full sounding, beautiful signature.

Won't foamies kill the highs?  That has been my experience with foams, and the M200 is already smooth in highs.

post #874 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post

Won't foamies kill the highs?  That has been my experience with foams, and the M200 is already smooth in highs.

I dont think thats a rule for foamies. I think its just the complys, the inner core is whats doing that not the foam.
post #875 of 1186

When listening out of my laptop at lower volumes with the medium stock tips, M200 is too bassy and not enough treble.  However, when I raised the volume to very loud level, the treble comes out and it's more balanced with the bass.  Seems like the increase in volume increases the treble a lot more than the bass.  Anyone else finding this?

post #876 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

When listening out of my laptop at lower volumes with the medium stock tips, M200 is too bassy and not enough treble.  However, when I raised the volume to very loud level, the treble comes out and it's more balanced with the bass.  Seems like the increase in volume increases the treble a lot more than the bass.  Anyone else finding this?

 

you might have to play with different tips, i don't own the m200 but i own quite a few iems and find i need a while before i can settle on a tip 

 

from my experience you might need a larger tip, doesn't have to be the "large" it could be a slightly larger medium from a different iem (the m200 is going to deep in your ear leads to an overly bassy response i find) 

 

either that or maybe the m200's treble is not enough for you =p hope that helps

post #877 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post
 

 

you might have to play with different tips, i don't own the m200 but i own quite a few iems and find i need a while before i can settle on a tip 

 

from my experience you might need a larger tip, doesn't have to be the "large" it could be a slightly larger medium from a different iem (the m200 is going to deep in your ear leads to an overly bassy response i find) 

 

either that or maybe the m200's treble is not enough for you =p hope that helps

Actually, when I want less bass, I use the small stock tips which don't seal as well.  However, I was just curious as to the non-linear increase when increasing volume.  I'll have to try this with my other IEMs.

post #878 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

When listening out of my laptop at lower volumes with the medium stock tips, M200 is too bassy and not enough treble.  However, when I raised the volume to very loud level, the treble comes out and it's more balanced with the bass.  Seems like the increase in volume increases the treble a lot more than the bass.  Anyone else finding this?

 

I think its because the treble is really smooth on the M200 that it gets drowned by the bass at lower volumes. This doesn't mean that the M200 treble is recessed... they're quite extended and quite neutral. The thing with IEMs with boosted bass, they need to have forward treble to get enough sparkle to balance things out at lower listening volume. I find the UE TF10's to have the same problem at lower volumes.

post #879 of 1186
Tried the b&w c5 recently and like the sound and fit but the remote doesn't play nice with the iPhone 5s. Anyone tried these Kef m200 with the 5s - does the remote work 100% and is the sound as good or better? Thanks
post #880 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesonofkrypton View Post

Tried the b&w c5 recently and like the sound and fit but the remote doesn't play nice with the iPhone 5s. Anyone tried these Kef m200 with the 5s - does the remote work 100% and is the sound as good or better? Thanks

 

Don't have music on my 5 (the latest version, don't know whether that makes it an S or not), but the remote works perfectly on an iPod Nano (old one). Not so much on a Sony F886 :(

post #881 of 1186

m200 inline controls work as advertised with the 5s (volume, play/pause, siri, etc).  I really like the m200 sound but I've never heard the c5.  The m200 is very lively and clear.  Only qualms would be a slightly overpowering but not muddy bass that I usually eq down and mids that could be brought a bit more forward for my tastes

post #882 of 1186
Thanks chaps. That's a nice description, sound similar to the c5. Good to hear the remote works. I prefer the design of the c5 tbh as the kef earpiece looks quite big from promo pics, would worry it would either be too heavy or look awkward and big. Decisions decisions..
post #883 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesonofkrypton View Post

Thanks chaps. That's a nice description, sound similar to the c5. Good to hear the remote works. I prefer the design of the c5 tbh as the kef earpiece looks quite big from promo pics, would worry it would either be too heavy or look awkward and big. Decisions decisions..

 

I was actually torn between C5 and M200 myself. I opted for the M200 mainly for the reportedly better (but perhaps inaccurate) bass response, better (less) microphonics, and reviews here and elsewhere. I also wasn't convinced the unusual way the C5 latches onto your ear would be comfortable.

 

They are quite big, but not heavy at all.

post #884 of 1186

Thanks for those impressions.  I can't for the life of me find the M200 anywhere locally to try out, apple store doesn't stock them.  Strangely the C5 "loop" that goes into the ear is less troublesome than I initially thought and very comfortable and stay in place very well.  So the sound and fit I like but I am curious about the m200 and would like to hear them for myself to see whether they're a better fit for me sound wise.  I notice Amazon stock them, might order to try out and return, don't really like to do this as I've done that twice already and always feel bad returning them. :tongue:

post #885 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrising98 View Post
 

m200 inline controls work as advertised with the 5s (volume, play/pause, siri, etc).  I really like the m200 sound but I've never heard the c5.  The m200 is very lively and clear.  Only qualms would be a slightly overpowering but not muddy bass that I usually eq down and mids that could be brought a bit more forward for my tastes

I love the M200, but I feel the same way.  Have you found anything more to your tastes?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread