or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread - Page 49

post #721 of 1186

Just got my KEF M200 in today and it's a great early Christmas gift. The sound is so smooth and wonderful RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX! No burn in time at all. I can only imagine where these end up after they have been baked for 50-100 hours of intense burn in??? 

 

I believe, if memory serves me well, that these are the best sounding dynamics right out of the box of any IEM i've ever had the priviledge of owning, and this includes the Sennheiser IE800Fidelio S2JVC FXT90, and HiFiMan RE-262.

post #722 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
 

Just got my KEF M200 in today and it's a great early Christmas gift. The sound is so smooth and wonderful RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX! No burn in time at all. I can only imagine where these end up after they have been baked for 50-100 hours of intense burn in??? 

 

I believe, if memory serves me well, that these are the best sounding dynamics right out of the box of any IEM i've ever had the priviledge of owning, and this includes the Sennheiser IE800Fidelio S2JVC FXT90, and HiFiMan RE-262.

 Welcome to the KEF club! Glad you're enjoying them as much as we do...

post #723 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post
 

 Welcome to the KEF club! Glad you're enjoying them as much as we do...

Thanks! I was worried about the fit issue everyone was warning me about, and that I read on the boards, but i got a perfect seal and they fit very comfortably, so that was a worry for nothing. 

post #724 of 1186

YEP. TRUE. 

post #725 of 1186

Keeping my KEF M200 and selling my JVC FXT90

post #726 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
 

Keeping my KEF M200 and selling my JVC FXT90

oh cool! you had experience with the fxt90! that was one iem was gonna get too but wasn't sure

 

do you think you can compare between the two? and why you prefer the kef over the jvcs? which had pretty good reviews in their own right

post #727 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post

oh cool! you had experience with the fxt90! that was one iem was gonna get too but wasn't sure

do you think you can compare between the two? and why you prefer the kef over the jvcs? which had pretty good reviews in their own right

The difference are night and day. Though the KEF M200 lags slightly behind in overall clarity and treble extension, the KEF's are better in bass refinement, smoother mids, detail retrieval, wider soundstage and overall musicality. The FXT90's gave that bright treble and those slightly forward upper mids, which can get hot with some tracks, but the FXT90 also has that gorgeous timbre and punchy bass that can be addicting. The KEF's are just smoother and more forgiving of lower bit rate tracks than the 90's.
post #728 of 1186
Hi-just went through the 1st page and the last 6 or so of this thread…in the Discovery Thread it was mentioned that fit tips were in here somewhere for the 200. Anyone know where in the thread that can be? Don't have the time/patience to read the other 44 or so pages. Thanks.
post #729 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

Hi-just went through the 1st page and the last 6 or so of this thread…in the Discovery Thread it was mentioned that fit tips were in here somewhere for the 200. Anyone know where in the thread that can be? Don't have the time/patience to read the other 44 or so pages. Thanks.

I closed out that page. Had it up for awhile, but since closed it out. I provided pics of how I was instructed to wear them, and I get a great and comfy fit. 

post #730 of 1186
Same pics as the Discovery Threae? Do you "clip" them over the top of the ear?
post #731 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

Same pics as the Discovery Threae? Do you "clip" them over the top of the ear?

right over the top of the ear and down the other side. wire straight down. works like a charm. 

post #732 of 1186

In case some of you M500 owners didn't know, the ear pads are removable!

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rezcgMwsaU4

post #733 of 1186
Good to know. Thanks!
post #734 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_1026 View Post
 

In case some of you M500 owners didn't know, the ear pads are removable!

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rezcgMwsaU4

 

That is great to know. Thanks!

post #735 of 1186

 :dt880smile:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread