- 2 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by System, 8/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- Questions about the best solution for PC gaming and Music listenning (sound card, amp/dac, dont... Last post on Yesterday at 2:34 pm in Computer Audio
- Help the new guy! First DAC+AMP Last post on 12/10/13 at 10:04pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Best headphones for under $350 give or take some. Last post on 12/8/13 at 1:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I re-buy the V-Moda M100s or get Ultrasone Pro 900s instead? (Primarily for edm and hip hop) Last post on 12/8/13 at 9:58pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- p5 v p7 v mdr1 v vmoda 100 v m50 v momentum. Which one? Last post on 12/4/13 at 4:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
first thing first , if you have doubts , please let me clear them , these are some of the best $20 phones in this world . secondly , thanks to razzer001 , thanks man ,...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
Upgrading to V-Moda M100post #1 of 68/2/13 at 11:27amThread StarterI am going to college this fall for a major in informatics and I'm looking to upgrade to some headphones for around $300. I will be sitting on my computer for hours at a time, but I will also be on the go quite a bit. I'm looking for something that will be comfortable for an extended amount of time, and also fairly portable, although the main quality I'm looking at is sound. I have a Fiio e6 amp that I use with my ath-m50's so I will need something that is relatively easy to drive. Right now I'm looking at V-Moda M100, AKG K550, Sennheiser Momentum, and Denon AH d600. Any other suggestions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 68/4/13 at 5:42pm
I have the v moda m100 and love them. They are extremely portable and very comfortable for me, although I have heard it can be somewhat uncomfortable if you have larger ears. As for being easy to drive, I don't know because I've found that they still sound great without an amp. If you like deep, great bass along with awesome highs and good mids, then you will love the v modas.post #3 of 68/4/13 at 9:38pmpost #4 of 68/5/13 at 3:03ampost #5 of 68/5/13 at 4:48amQuote:
This is a good plan, and I can tell you that the comfort issue with the M-100 is really overrated. Try to see if you can test the Moementum and get comfortable, and if that works for you, then you will have no problem with the M-100. If you want to keep your budget low, then the Sony MDR-1R is a good alternative at only $200. However, if you do decide to get the M-100, then I strongly suggest you get the BoomPro Mic with it for Skype and games.post #6 of 68/5/13 at 7:13amI have the K550s. Excellent sounding headphones, but given that the fit is finicky, not a good choice for portables if you want to wear them while moving around. I would eliminate them from your list.
- Upgrading to V-Moda M100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread 10 seconds ago
- › = Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 = (Modulor orders updated... 19 seconds ago
- › What makes one headphone amp better than another? 55 seconds ago
- › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) 2 minutes ago
- › AIAIAI TMA-1 Beatport Edition - Brand New In Box 2 minutes ago
- › Increasing HP sensitivity about 5db, does it make a real diference ? 3 minutes ago
- › Numbers,.... Male vs Female HeadFiers? 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply) 4 minutes ago
- › Telefunken 6DJ8 1963 Pair New Old Stock 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO newsflash: James’ latest firmware update cures cancer (we hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta by suman134
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe