- 2 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by System, 8/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 3/4/14 at 8:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Have V-moda M-100s. Found ATH-M50 for 98USD. Good deal? save cash for different cans? Last post on 2/27/14 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V Moda m100 for Rock? Last post on 2/23/14 at 4:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Tightening the fit on V-MODA Crossfade M-100's? Last post on 2/20/14 at 5:54pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [HELP] Need help choosing the correct Headphone Full-size for me. Last post on 2/24/14 at 6:14pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
Upgrading to V-Moda M100post #1 of 68/2/13 at 11:27amThread StarterI am going to college this fall for a major in informatics and I'm looking to upgrade to some headphones for around $300. I will be sitting on my computer for hours at a time, but I will also be on the go quite a bit. I'm looking for something that will be comfortable for an extended amount of time, and also fairly portable, although the main quality I'm looking at is sound. I have a Fiio e6 amp that I use with my ath-m50's so I will need something that is relatively easy to drive. Right now I'm looking at V-Moda M100, AKG K550, Sennheiser Momentum, and Denon AH d600. Any other suggestions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 68/4/13 at 5:42pm
I have the v moda m100 and love them. They are extremely portable and very comfortable for me, although I have heard it can be somewhat uncomfortable if you have larger ears. As for being easy to drive, I don't know because I've found that they still sound great without an amp. If you like deep, great bass along with awesome highs and good mids, then you will love the v modas.post #3 of 68/4/13 at 9:38pmpost #4 of 68/5/13 at 3:03ampost #5 of 68/5/13 at 4:48amQuote:
This is a good plan, and I can tell you that the comfort issue with the M-100 is really overrated. Try to see if you can test the Moementum and get comfortable, and if that works for you, then you will have no problem with the M-100. If you want to keep your budget low, then the Sony MDR-1R is a good alternative at only $200. However, if you do decide to get the M-100, then I strongly suggest you get the BoomPro Mic with it for Skype and games.post #6 of 68/5/13 at 7:13amI have the K550s. Excellent sounding headphones, but given that the fit is finicky, not a good choice for portables if you want to wear them while moving around. I would eliminate them from your list.
- Upgrading to V-Moda M100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 2/20/2014: BoomPro... 1 minute ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Help with choosing headphones, hd 598 or focal spirit one. 2 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 3 minutes ago
- › One of the Most Iconic Artists of All Time in Pristine... 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser 558, akg 550-701, v-moda 100, beyerdynamic... 5 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude