New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A big step for me

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 

I just scored a pretty sweet job...start in 2 weeks...

It will give me the ability to actually buy stuff over 20 bucks......!

 

Also stoked as the only time I get to use in ears is walking round the house...

Now I have a reason to wear them as train commute involved...

 

Cant wait to make some purchases from some of the sellers here on the forums ...and experience true sound!!

post #2 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjent View Post

I just scored a pretty sweet job...start in 2 weeks...

It will give me the ability to actually buy stuff over 20 bucks......!

 

Also stoked as the only time I get to use in ears is walking round the house...

Now I have a reason to wear them as train commute involved...

 

Cant wait to make some purchases from some of the sellers here on the forums ...and experience true sound!!

Congrats!  

post #3 of 27
Thread Starter 
ta mate
post #4 of 27

congrats, what are you thinking of getting?

post #5 of 27
Thread Starter 

I think at first a pair of headphones that I can wear on the commute...

 

Can anyone recommend a closed portable phone, over ear with excellent isolation.

Price N/A.  Good for Metal predominately.

 

 

 

Also a larger DAP with a larger screen...

and maybe a Fiio amp..

 

Edit:  I reckon a Fiio X3 will take care of this last point.


Edited by Tanjent - 8/2/13 at 1:43am
post #6 of 27

Sony MDR-1R or DT1350 or Sennheiser HD25 II if you are ok with on ear. The Momentums are nice as well but are more expensive. 

post #7 of 27
Thread Starter 
Line... I have been looking at those ones lol Jude does a great review on them both.. Im liking the Senn's......... What about the ATH-M50
Edited by Tanjent - 8/2/13 at 3:31am
post #8 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjent View Post

Line... I have been looking at those ones lol Jude does a great review on them both.. Im liking the Senn's......... What about the ATH-M50

Tried them, and thought that they were extremely uncomfortable and the sound was just meh while I really liked the MDR 1Rs and I tried them at a noisy JB HI FI. I personally tought that the Momemtums were a bit muddy but other people seem to like it so yeah. 

post #9 of 27
Thread Starter 
Thanks for that info mate... Would I be better looking at in ears for the same prices? What are the differences in SQ between $250 in ears or the Sony's?
Edited by Tanjent - 8/2/13 at 3:53am
post #10 of 27

From what I have read here, and from what my buddy who owns them says, the Sennheiser HD25-1 II is just what you're looking for. I've heard the the HD280 isolates even better but sounds boring in comparison.

post #11 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjent View Post

Thanks for that info mate... Would I be better looking at in ears for the same prices?

You really would be better off looking at a Sennheiser HD600 which is $300 new if you look around but if you are looking for something portable, I would look at IEMs. Something like the EX1000, MDR 7550 or the Westone 4R would be very nice. 

post #12 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjent View Post

 Would I be better looking at in ears for the same prices?

 

That would probably give you the best isolation. I can't use them, so I have no idea which ones would be best for you though.

post #13 of 27
Thread Starter 
Just thinking of getting rolled (mugged) for the sony's...lol IEM's maybe the go....
post #14 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post

You really would be better off looking at a Sennheiser HD600 which is $300 new if you look around but if you are looking for something portable, I would look at IEMs. Something like the EX1000, MDR 7550 or the Westone 4R would be very nice. 

 

I will have a look at those models... Which would be best for metal...but still a good all rounder? Edit: Those may make the wife a bit mad at me....lol $$$ Price wise I am thinking $200-300
Edited by Tanjent - 8/2/13 at 4:04am
post #15 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjent View Post

 

I will have a look at those models...Which would be best for metal...but still a good all rounder?Price wise I am thinking $200-300

I don't really listen to metal. What type of sound are you looking for? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home