New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio X3 Nightmare - Page 2

post #16 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolio View Post

A big thanks from me as well for the advice on how to properly format the 64 card. I had the same problem. Fiio really needs to include info on setting allocation unit size 32768 in their instructions. 

 

thanks for your advice, in fact, it is very difficult to print all the information in the user manual caz the firmware upgrade quick rapid , and the content is too big if we print all information.  

post #17 of 86

Ahh..new problem I think? The player jam on me after i skip a few songs on playing all mode, random. 1.25FW

post #18 of 86

Hi to all ...

 

I have two problems with this player firmware 1.23 , tomorrow i will try to upgrade to 1.25 

 

a) With ogg vorbis files there is some kind of distorsion on the left channel , all files i have .

b) When i used it for about 1 hour it gets warm / hot . is this normal ?

 

Thanks 

post #19 of 86

After a day experimenting with my working X3 with 1.25 I am finding the following issues:

 

192kHz files will not play out of the Coax but will play from the line out and headphones, they will also play via JRiver Media Centre with the X3 docked and used as an external media drive.

 

I downloaded Rod Stewart's album 'Foot Loose and Fancy Free' from HDTracks in 96kHz today. If I attempt to play it from the player via any output, coax, line or headphone, it jams the player requiring a reset. I can play it via JRiver with the X3 docked. 'Atlantic Crossing' and 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road', also downloaded today, work fine.

 

If I play an album and allow it to play the last track without me switching it off or selecting another album, the X3 will not restart without holding the power button down for 10 seconds.

 

UPDATE: If I load the 96kHz Rod Stewart files into Audacity and then re-export them in exactly the same format they now do not lock up the X3. I did this with the complete album and re-saved it to the X3 and it now plays fine at 96kHz. 


Edited by TrevorR - 8/18/13 at 10:44am
post #20 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by golvellius View Post

Hi to all ...

I have two problems with this player firmware 1.23 , tomorrow i will try to upgrade to 1.25 

a) With ogg vorbis files there is some kind of distorsion on the left channel , all files i have .
b) When i used it for about 1 hour it gets warm / hot . is this normal ?

Thanks 

Same problem with 1.25fw.

Thanks
post #21 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by regenboog View Post

I had the same issue with 64GB scandisk micro SD card.

Issue is with the format. I first did the wrong format and ex. storage shows 0.00

Please format with guiformat.exe and use setting allocation unit size 32768

This will do. It needs to show ext memory of 59.4GB

 

That's right, FAT32 with 32kb cluster is the compatible format.

I use AOMEI Partition Assistant (Freeware):

http://www.disk-partition.com/partition-software.html

 

I use Sandisk 64GB Class 10 (the red & grey micro SD).

First delete all partitions, create a new one with FAT32 & 32kb cluster (default in AOMEI).  It works with my Fiio X3.  Size detected 59.4 GB.

post #22 of 86

we are having issue with the computer not recognizing the X3. The X3 is plugged in up to date with software and will not show up on the computer. It is a windows 7 with USB 2 port. I have tried all the troubleshooting I can think of. Please advise!

post #23 of 86
I gave given up plugging my X3 into my Windows 7 PC. Instead I take the micro SD card out and put it into an adapter which is read fine by my PC
post #24 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorR View Post

I gave given up plugging my X3 into my Windows 7 PC. Instead I take the micro SD card out and put it into an adapter which is read fine by my PC

 

can X3 works in another PC ?

post #25 of 86
The X3 in theory should work with any PC from XP onwards but it is much easier to buy or use a micro SD adapter. You can buy small adapters that plug directly into a USB port and your X3 memory card will be detected as a hard drive. Then just cut and paste your music files.
post #26 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorR View Post

I gave given up plugging my X3 into my Windows 7 PC. Instead I take the micro SD card out and put it into an adapter which is read fine by my PC

I gave up also. I can't copy more than 2-3 GB before the X3 disconnects itself. DX50 and AK100 work perfectly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
post #27 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locura View Post
 

 

Please for God Sake, add a feature where users that browse by folders, make them jump automatically from folder to folder. Actually you play a folder and it it returns back to the beginning of the same folder (first song) rather than go to the next folder. I'm getting crazy with this, going manually to the next folder over and over and over again  :(

You are obviously very passionate about this but I can't imagine any circumstances where I personally would want to play all my artists in alphabetical order, with the albums within the artists folders also being played in alphabetical order - which is what I would expect to happen if this was implemented. Or am I misunderstanding? The closest I get to doing this is shuffling everything, or just shuffling one artists tracks - both of which I believe are already possible. Or is the issue that you can't get everything tagged so that you have to browse by folder which makes the modes that I use impossible?

 

Of course, if you do want to play everything in alphabetical order by artist/album, I can totally see where you are coming from - it just isn't very high up on my personal list of priorities.

post #28 of 86

I have had this crazy file problem with two different NEW X3s that seem to load FLAC music files to the SD card....(yes, I have tried different sizes 32 & 64 GB cards and different brands ... Adata, Kingston & Sandisk .... and yes I have formatted each card with GUIFORMAT FAT32 with 32768 file allocation ... yet still have the same issue..

 

After loading files to the card directly on the PC or thru the X3 they appear to be ok. As soon as I try to browse to them on the X3 all but about 2 GB(I'm usually loading only about 15 GBs of music) disappear leaving empty Artists folders and no albums or music files........

 

Yes, I have tried allowing the X3 update the library automatically and have updated manually and also reset the X3 .... All things the Fiio people in china suggested and nothing happens different. Here is really the strange thing... when checking under system settings on the unit is shows about 15 GB being used...

Reinserting the SD card into the computer shows the same thing .... it's like part of FAT table has been erased.

 

The onboard 8 GB of memory works great and sounds great so as an 8G FLAC player with the wolfson DA converter this would be OK but not at this price...

Unfortunately the FIIO people were not present at the CanJam @ RMAF a few weeks ago for me to bitch directly...So it looks like this X3 is going back and i'll continue to use my $31 sansa 32 GB player ... which at least works......

Oh by the way... The FIIO people have been responsive to my inquires about this problem even if they haven't come up with a solution....

 

I'm sorry but one would thing that file management would be pretty important...

Maybe someone with the same issue could respond if they have discovered a fix......but please don't send the usual nonsense one hears on these threads......

Thanks AK

post #29 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by atwaterkent View Post
 

I have had this crazy file problem with two different NEW X3s that seem to load FLAC music files to the SD card....(yes, I have tried different sizes 32 & 64 GB cards and different brands ... Adata, Kingston & Sandisk .... and yes I have formatted each card with GUIFORMAT FAT32 with 32768 file allocation ... yet still have the same issue..

 

After loading files to the card directly on the PC or thru the X3 they appear to be ok. As soon as I try to browse to them on the X3 all but about 2 GB(I'm usually loading only about 15 GBs of music) disappear leaving empty Artists folders and no albums or music files........

 

Yes, I have tried allowing the X3 update the library automatically and have updated manually and also reset the X3 .... All things the Fiio people in china suggested and nothing happens different. Here is really the strange thing... when checking under system settings on the unit is shows about 15 GB being used...

Reinserting the SD card into the computer shows the same thing .... it's like part of FAT table has been erased.

 

The onboard 8 GB of memory works great and sounds great so as an 8G FLAC player with the wolfson DA converter this would be OK but not at this price...

Unfortunately the FIIO people were not present at the CanJam @ RMAF a few weeks ago for me to bitch directly...So it looks like this X3 is going back and i'll continue to use my $31 sansa 32 GB player ... which at least works......

Oh by the way... The FIIO people have been responsive to my inquires about this problem even if they haven't come up with a solution....

 

I'm sorry but one would thing that file management would be pretty important...

Maybe someone with the same issue could respond if they have discovered a fix......but please don't send the usual nonsense one hears on these threads......

Thanks AK

Which firmware version?

post #30 of 86

This is what I meant about nonsense ... firmware version FW1.31   which was the latest a few days ago..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FiiO