or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Battlefield 4
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Battlefield 4 - Page 21

post #301 of 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTanScanMan View Post
 

Anyone tried out the game since the new patch?
Played yesterday evening but spent most of my time unlocking attachments to the an94 and the mare's leg. Fun weapons. Once you get past the awful iron sights of the mare, it's entertaining to run with, though not the most reliable.  I did notice that the shotgun range has increased which I approve of :D

I just wonder whether this new update might be the death knell for hardline on PC... number of players reportedly have not been healthy.


The sniper rifles have had a nerf, it's a lot harder to get a kill with them now..you will see a lot more people running around with shotguns!

post #302 of 308

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin vegas View Post
 


The sniper rifles have had a nerf, it's a lot harder to get a kill with them now..you will see a lot more people running around with shotguns!

I'm not sure what they've done to bolt action snipers in the recent patch.

 

But I've never took with sniping in BF4. Something always seemed off coming from BF3. Maybe a combination of bullet speed, deviation, character movements, netcode etc etc just made it very annoying to play. I've only enjoyed it on bolt action sniper only servers. It's a shame if they've nerfed it.

Shotguns, may be more prevalent on locker or other tdm/domination maps. I'm fine with that. They're more on an even footing now with the auto weapons. Can't say they will be any more effective on larger maps, especially with the max damage range of other weapons being buffed.

post #303 of 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTanScanMan View Post
 

Quote:

I'm not sure what they've done to bolt action snipers in the recent patch.

 

But I've never took with sniping in BF4. Something always seemed off coming from BF3. Maybe a combination of bullet speed, deviation, character movements, netcode etc etc just made it very annoying to play. I've only enjoyed it on bolt action sniper only servers. It's a shame if they've nerfed it.

Shotguns, may be more prevalent on locker or other tdm/domination maps. I'm fine with that. They're more on an even footing now with the auto weapons. Can't say they will be any more effective on larger maps, especially with the max damage range of other weapons being buffed.


I have started using the An94 and the mare's leg now, no point playing as a sniper anymore!

post #304 of 308
If anything I thought they would nerf dmr's. Nerfing bolt guns makes no sense to me but I am one of thoee ppl who are aggressive recon or bust. I stopped playing bf because the 20hz netcode makes sniping annoying esp coupled with the player movement. Lets face it you watch esl competitive bf4 wnd it tells you that.only a few rifles and assault kit are competitive. This is just not good enough.
post #305 of 308

Quote:

Originally Posted by drez View Post

If anything I thought they would nerf dmr's. Nerfing bolt guns makes no sense to me but I am one of thoee ppl who are aggressive recon or bust. I stopped playing bf because the 20hz netcode makes sniping annoying esp coupled with the player movement. Lets face it you watch esl competitive bf4 wnd it tells you that.only a few rifles and assault kit are competitive. This is just not good enough.

Think the dmrs are fine as they are. They were buffed a while ago and are still useless. But yeah, nerfing bolt actions is nonsensical.
To be fair on the other weapons, I see quite a variety in the casual sessions I've had. Assault class still the best though.

 

I stopped playing for a while too, sold my 780ti, back on the old 7870. BF4 was a major reason for that.


These days I mainly stick to short casual games like domination/tdm to let off steam from work and study - I quite enjoy pistol only servers. You can knife or defib for the laughs.

post #306 of 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTanScanMan View Post

Quote:
Think the dmrs are fine as they are. They were buffed a while ago and are still useless. But yeah, nerfing bolt actions is nonsensical.

To be fair on the other weapons, I see quite a variety in the casual sessions I've had. Assault class still the best though.

I stopped playing for a while too, sold my 780ti, back on the old 7870. BF4 was a major reason for that.


These days I mainly stick to short casual games like domination/tdm to let off steam from work and study - I quite enjoy pistol only servers. You can knife or defib for the laughs.

Good point, I don't really like DMRs so possibly a bit biased, haven't tried using, at least when i used to play. Sniping at 20 Hz is painful anyway.

I tended to take the game too seriously, then get unhappy when clan kiddies turn up and also try hard but use map knowledge/tactics and the bestest classes and guns. A bit of a double standard really. Yes a lot of guns can work ok unless you are fighting against a whole clan which decides to jump on the server as used to happen hehe smily_headphones1.gif

I used to really enjoy gungame cq in BF3, it pretty much ruled out try hardy kits and competitive tactics and just left kinda fun arcade style game. Shame there is nothing like this in bf4.
post #307 of 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post


Good point, I don't really like DMRs so possibly a bit biased, haven't tried using, at least when i used to play. Sniping at 20 Hz is painful anyway.

I tended to take the game too seriously, then get unhappy when clan kiddies turn up and also try hard but use map knowledge/tactics and the bestest classes and guns. A bit of a double standard really. Yes a lot of guns can work ok unless you are fighting against a whole clan which decides to jump on the server as used to happen hehe smily_headphones1.gif

I used to really enjoy gungame cq in BF3, it pretty much ruled out try hardy kits and competitive tactics and just left kinda fun arcade style game. Shame there is nothing like this in bf4.

 

Of course just because they have clan tags does not mean they'll be any good, but still gets annoying being steamrolled.

Actually, gun master is back in BF4 since the most recent patch. Never played much of it in BF3. Joined a game late, so went trolling with the knife... that's the extent of my experience.  I used to take playing seriously too, not anymore, don't have the time or the patience anymore :o

I take it you still don't game anymore?
 

post #308 of 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTanScanMan View Post

Of course just because they have clan tags does not mean they'll be any good, but still gets annoying being steamrolled.


Actually, gun master is back in BF4 since the most recent patch. Never played much of it in BF3. Joined a game late, so went trolling with the knife... that's the extent of my experience.  I used to take playing seriously too, not anymore, don't have the time or the patience anymore redface.gif


I take it you still don't game anymore?

 

I was gaming a few month ago but my graphics card made made magic smoke after I failed to securely fix vrm heatsinks. For the record thermal double sided tape is not adequate, and it is better to use one larger sink than to sink vrm mod,es individually.

I put my old gtx680 back in but that card is getting unreliable now. It led a hard life lol. Aso not gaming for now until I buy a new graphics card, and I preordered a Yggdrasil DAC so no money for computer.

Good to know they put gun game back. I reckon though chances are I would still rather play BF3 cos of the maps.

Thats true about clan tags, clanners do pick up a lot of skills casual pub gamers don't though like where to hold angles and how to trade kill (or bait as i call it LOL) and set up crossfires. Doesn't really appeal to me, I prefer more brainless mode of play as seen in COD lol. Works better for letting off steam.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Battlefield 4