New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fake westone 4r? - Page 2

post #16 of 30
X2 im having a hard time undsrstanding what your refering to.
post #17 of 30

when i search on google the color of those stripes is green

 

 

 

 

Could anyone check if your Westones look any different than mines ? I find it strange that the apple earpods seem to have bigger soundstage then my Westones + separation is similiar.

Mikolaj Wirkijowski


Edited by lup1 - 11/19/13 at 8:21am
post #18 of 30
They shouldn't be fake. My friend got his 2 days ago and everything looks the same as yours... He got them from Amazon US
post #19 of 30
Ok thanks , then it must be the tips + earshape , maybe ill try the um56
post #20 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by lup1 View Post

Ok thanks , then it must be the tips + earshape , maybe ill try the um56

they look authentic

post #21 of 30

Hi all,

Only joined this forum just for this thread!

Having exactly the same issue: bought recently off Gumtree NIB Westone 4R. All looks good and genuine.

HOWEVER: 

1. the box is orange and not black (people suggest this is a "newer" version).

2. when i tried to remove and change the foam ear tips I couldn't get them off. Twisted and twisted and than realized they were glued at one spot to the body tube. Forced the tips off but now there is residual foam and glue on the tube. Tube seems fragile and I am reluctant to scrape the glue off.

3. Fitting new tips that were supplied is very difficult now because of the remaining glue. Also, the tube diameter (approx 4mm) seems much to wide for the tips (approx 2mm). That makes it almost impossible to fit the tips. Is the tube to wide or are the tips to narrow?

4. removable cable extremely hard to remove

 

Not sure what this all means. Are these fakes or seconds or pre-production items? At the same time, who would go to the effort of making fakes that look exactly like originals and than have the box made in the wrong colour and wrong diameter tips?

 

Any suggestions or ideas?

post #22 of 30

Could you post some pictures, like of the box and glued stuff?

post #23 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalithian View Post
 

Could you post some pictures, like of the box and glued stuff?

again x2 this sounds interesting. 

post #24 of 30

I have purchased my set from Earphone Solutions, an authorised dealer.

 

As far as I know, Amazon US do not sell fakes.

 

The difference between the sets many members have reported is due to different production dates.

 

The earlier batch typically include a black/orange monitor case with triple flange tips.

 

The newer sets (the one I purchased a month or so ago), have a full orange monitor case and comes with TRUE-fit and STAR tips.

 

I hope that clarifies things a bit more.

post #25 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by lup1 View Post
 

when i search on google the color of those stripes is green

 

My W4Rs (month old) has black stripes, yet from images online, the W4 jack appears to be green in colour.

 

My UM2RCs also have the black stripes; I do not think the stripes on the jack indicate the authenticity of it not being a Westone product though.


Edited by L'Seraphic - 11/7/13 at 6:31pm
post #26 of 30
Yeah i'm sending my w4r to westone to check if everythings alright with the drivers because there is no way that they originally sound so bad . If this will not help then im going custom because i have enough of playing with tips/components/sound
post #27 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by lup1 View Post

Yeah i'm sending my w4r to westone to check if everythings alright with the drivers because there is no way that they originally sound so bad . If this will not help then im going custom because i have enough of playing with tips/components/sound

just make sure you get a good audiologist to make the impressions or molds. otherwise you could run into issues with fit even with customs; and its not as changing the tip, you have to send it back for a refit and that could become a pain.
 

post #28 of 30

Official reply by Westone:

Hello,

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the confusion, there have been a few updates to the product accessories. We no longer include the triple flange tips with the universal fit products. They have been discontinued and are no longer available through Westone. The monitor vault included is now orange. We have all of our warranty information and user guides available at our website http://www.westoneaudio.com/. As long as your product was purchased from an authorized reseller then we can guarantee its quality and authenticity. Thank you and have a great day!

post #29 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by squallkiercosa View Post
 

Official reply by Westone:

Hello,

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the confusion, there have been a few updates to the product accessories. We no longer include the triple flange tips with the universal fit products. They have been discontinued and are no longer available through Westone. The monitor vault included is now orange. We have all of our warranty information and user guides available at our website http://www.westoneaudio.com/. As long as your product was purchased from an authorized reseller then we can guarantee its quality and authenticity. Thank you and have a great day!

so sounds like everyones stuff is legit.

 

im glad i got the older style tips, IMO its the better of the 2 as far as the true fit and star tips are concerned.

post #30 of 30
I have never heard of a Westone fake.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: