or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound !
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! - Page 7

post #91 of 2221
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

 

Buffer will be hard to change but the three included are some of the best around, so there is no real need to change them. As for opamp, you are not limited to those included. However, not all opamp will be compatible.

 

 

the buf can be changed too! will release more photos about how to change the OP and buf.

post #92 of 2221
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post


the buf can be changed too! will release more photos about how to change the OP and buf.
Wow... I gonna stop reading this thread until December...
post #93 of 2221
Deposit paid. X3 + E12. What am I going to do with my e17
post #94 of 2221
Quote:
Originally Posted by doki81 View Post



Wow... I gonna stop reading this thread until December...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansunz View Post

Deposit paid. X3 + E12. What am I going to do with my e17

 

"Welcome to Head-Fi Folks! Sorry about your wallet!"

 

You can give the E17 to your family member, play with it, use it in another setup, use it as another portable unit, or sell it.

post #95 of 2221
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

Introduction of E12 DIY limited Version



The op and buf for E12DIY includes


OP AMP:


1, OPA1611; Single channel, SOP8, 2 pcs


2, OPA604; Single channel, SOP8, 2 pcs


3, OPA&97; Single channel, SOP8, 2 pcs


4, OPA8620; Two Channels, SOP8, 2 pcs,


BUF:


1, BUF634 ; Single channel, DDPAK, 2 pcs


2, LME49600; Single channel, TS5B, 2 pcs


3, LMH6321; Single channel, SOP8, 2 pcs


So you will have 12 different combo for the OP and BUF, and the total quantity of the OP and Buf are 13pcs.


The retail price of these op/buf worth about $80 if you buy it in digi key.

















Are these the op amps that will be included with the e12?
post #96 of 2221

how many pcs are you up to now?

post #97 of 2221
Deposit made.
post #98 of 2221
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMax99 View Post


Are these the op amps that will be included with the e12?

 

yes

post #99 of 2221

Deposit is done!

 

Hopefully we will reach the 500pcs.

post #100 of 2221
Well, I hope this will be a present to X-Mas that I'll made for myself.
post #101 of 2221

This looks like a good deal, Never understood why they didn't start the e12 like this in the first place?  It has enough room for 2 Buf634's and either LM4562 or LT1364 to start. That would be a much better sounding unit then the " Standard" E12 now.  Put those on dips, and you could have swapped opamps from the start.  That kept me away from buying one the first time.

post #102 of 2221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicman74 View Post

This looks like a good deal, Never understood why they didn't start the e12 like this in the first place?  It has enough room for 2 Buf634's and either LM4562 or LT1364 to start. That would be a much better sounding unit then the " Standard" E12 now.  Put those on dips, and you could have swapped opamps from the start.  That kept me away from buying one the first time.

Warranty, support, cost, problems arising, market needs

 

There is no warranty on devices like this

 

With such a DIY device, some will probably mess up or can't read the directions. Thus more support questions.

 

Problems will arise with people who toy with their units than with those who don't.

 

And most people probably don't need the $80-$100 cost increase for this DIY version and just want an amp. 

 

This new version is for people like you, who didn't buy one initially because they wanted one like this. It's the best of both worlds.

post #103 of 2221
Thread Starter 

thanks for everyone who sent the deposit. L3000.gif

post #104 of 2221
But James, how much should I deposit?
smily_headphones1.gif
post #105 of 2221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefano View Post

But James, how much should I deposit?
smily_headphones1.gif


19 $, according to the first post in the thread.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound !