Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound !
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! - Page 57

post #841 of 1688
Look here for dealers; prices might vary a bit from country to country depending on cost of import duties for retailers/usual business costs/etc (or maybe keep an eye on the for sale forums ? I know it was only released 2 mths ago, but you never know ;-) Or even little e big B). I paid a bit under AUD$300 for mine, but as I said YMMV with price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgazza View Post

you know a dealer,  who sells it at a reasonable price?
post #842 of 1688
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgazza View Post

you know a dealer,  who sells it at a reasonable price?

Try noisymotel or fiio itself....
post #843 of 1688
Noisy Motel still had a couple (as of last week), but if you've got to pay shipping to the other side of the world & potentially import duties/tax on top for some countries, that might not be a great option if you've got Fiio dealers closer to wherever you are.
post #844 of 1688
Thread Starter 

so, to all E12DIY's user, do we have a common agreement about which combo is the best for E12DIY? 

post #845 of 1688
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

so, to all E12DIY's user, do we have a common agreement about which combo is the best for E12DIY? [/COLOR]s.

Thats will be different response to see as end to end will not be same for all........the source and IEM/HP.
post #846 of 1688
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

so, to all E12DIY's user, do we have a common agreement about which combo is the best for E12DIY? 

 

LME49600 and OPA1611 for me. I'm looking forward to the X5 now that I've read that it uses OPA1611 - great choice!

post #847 of 1688
+1, though I enjoyed OPA604 & AD797 w/LME49600 as well (prefer it to BUF634).

Edit - Source/IEM's as per my sig; I.E AK100 Mk II & 1964Ears V3's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post

LME49600 and OPA1611 for me. I'm looking forward to the X5 now that I've read that it uses OPA1611 - great choice!

Edited by MistahBungle - 2/22/14 at 5:08am
post #848 of 1688
To complete its fullness,i think posting the source and your iems/HPs is not a bad idea......imo. That way everyone incl james wil have an overall impressions.

«TY»
post #849 of 1688
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

so, to all E12DIY's user, do we have a common agreement about which combo is the best for E12DIY? 

 

Doubt that will ever happen :p.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post

To complete its fullness,i think posting the source and your iems/HPs is not a bad idea......imo. That way everyone incl james wil have an overall impressions.

«TY»

 

So far the sources I have used: DX50, X3, X5 and HM901, all line-out.

post #850 of 1688

Are these going to be released to the general public? Sounds like a lot of fun. 

post #851 of 1688
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post
 

Are these going to be released to the general public? Sounds like a lot of fun. 

 

They are already for the general public, but it was a one time deal. Those who missed the pre-order can still pick one up from some of the FiiO retailer who stock it. I saw some floating on Taobao for about $250 or so.

post #852 of 1688
Edit - ClieOS - fastest draw in the West ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

Are these going to be released to the general public? Sounds like a lot of fun. 

Edited by MistahBungle - 2/22/14 at 8:37am
post #853 of 1688
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post

+1, though I enjoyed OPA604 & AD797 w/LME49600 as well (prefer it to BUF634).

Edit - Source/IEM's as per my sig; I.E AK100 Mk II & 1964Ears V3's.


What's better about the LME49600 over the BUF634 to your ears? I'm curious because I've heard a lot across the years that the OPA604 pairs very well with the BUF634. I haven't experimented myself, but I wonder what's different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post

LME49600 and OPA1611 for me. I'm looking forward to the X5 now that I've read that it uses OPA1611 - great choice!


Are you using the side by side adapter boards that came with the kit to mount the OPA1611? I understand the stacked Brown Dog adapters are too thick to fit into the case.

I can't wait until I have a little more time to play around with this. OPA1611 and OPA604 on my list for sure. As well as MUSES once those are safely and easily available in the states.
post #854 of 1688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post
 

 

LME49600 and OPA1611 for me. I'm looking forward to the X5 now that I've read that it uses OPA1611 - great choice!

Thats is true!

I can wait to listen to another combinations!

post #855 of 1688
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.T. View Post


What's better about the LME49600 over the BUF634 to your ears? I'm curious because I've heard a lot across the years that the OPA604 pairs very well with the BUF634. I haven't experimented myself, but I wonder what's different.
Are you using the side by side adapter boards that came with the kit to mount the OPA1611? I understand the stacked Brown Dog adapters are too thick to fit into the case.

I can't wait until I have a little more time to play around with this. OPA1611 and OPA604 on my list for sure. As well as MUSES once those are safely and easily available in the states.

 

The OPA1611s come with the E12DIY already mounted on an adapter. You can fit DIP-8s in the E12DIY, but you have to grind the case down a little.

 

Also, for my preferred combo (1611 & LME49600) I was predominantly using AK100 with UM Miracles, but prefer this combo across the board with all my gear.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound !