or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound !
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! - Page 42

post #616 of 2221
The E12DIY also has a high gain switch that is a protruding toggle at the top instead of a recessed toggle on the side on the standard E12. The top switch is much more convenient to use, especially if you change headphones often.
post #617 of 2221
Has anyone compared the E12DIY to the JDS Labs C421 or C5?

Both very highly regarded portable amps, with C421 no longer made.

The C421 came in two versions, one with AD8620 and the other with OPA2227. C5 comes with OPA2227.

I wonder how these amps sound compared to the E12DIY using the same chips?
post #618 of 2221
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.T. View Post

Has anyone compared the E12DIY to the JDS Labs C421 or C5?
 


With the stock AD8620, I'll say E12DIY is roughly on par with C5 and C421-AD8620. With the right opamp, I pretty much prefer E12DIY all the way.

post #619 of 2221

Anyone try the OPA2111AM gold pin, the made in the USA metal can version? Very nice sounding and different from the other versions. hmmm, it may not fit, not especially a low profile op amp since it has to sit on a base to guid the pins. Will find out when I get a E12 DIY. 


Edited by jamato8 - 1/12/14 at 9:24pm
post #620 of 2221
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

Anyone try the OPA2111AM gold pin, the made in the USA metal can version? Very nice sounding and different from the other versions. hmmm, it may not fit, not especially a low profile op amp since it has to sit on a base to guid the pins. Will find out when I get a E12 DIY. 

i think the pin can straight away fix on the opamp section..but might need to trim the pin a bit...

post #621 of 2221
Quote:
Originally Posted by eos5d View Post
 

Hi all, I would like to share mine (attached photo) to give everyone a reference.

 

I bought the Muses01 from Akizukidenshi shop directly on last year but the Muses02 was bought from a reseller (I forgot from whom) a couple years ago.   The Muses01 has a package of a plasic bag only but the Muses02 comes with a metal box (and a DIP8 socket).  I'm not sure my Muses02 is real or not now because I'm also get confused after reading the post.   I have also bought the Muses02 from Akizukidenshi for my friend previously.   I will ask my friend to borrow his for me to compare them.

 

 

I bought from Taobao, the Hong Kong shop, referred in previous post.  According to some post and comparing to some pictures of the real Muses posted here, mine maybe fakes.

So far I haven't really impress with the sound quality of my Muses01 and Muses02.  Although Muses02 sounds very2 nice with my Beyerdynamic T1, but I would say it is quite colored with too much mids.  While my Muses01, it is not better than AD8599.  I've been comparing them for days, I've keep coming back to AD8599 for having better bass extension, and more 'Ooomph' to the music, while transparency and imaging is quite similar, which is excellent.

 

My Muses bought from Hong Kong shop on Taobao:

 

 

 

post #622 of 2221
Quote:
Originally Posted by doki81 View Post
 

i think the pin can straight away fix on the opamp section..but might need to trim the pin a bit...

 

It will still be too high to fit inside the case, given metal can is usually 1.5~2mm higher than DIP8.

 


 

Talking about fake - I deliberately brought a pair of very cheap OPA627 off eBay just to compare them to the genuine pair I got from element14, and of course the fake sound nothing like the real deal. They are not bad sounding per se but certainly not really good sounding either. Remind me more of the sounding OPA2227 (bright, grainy and lean on the bottom) rather than the smooth and full sounding OPA627 is known for.

post #623 of 2221

Damn, i totally missed this....

You cant get it anymore right?

post #624 of 2221
Quote:
Originally Posted by catspaw View Post
 

Damn, i totally missed this....

You cant get it anymore right?

not for the pre-order price...you can search around the internet..someone might sell theirs away..

post #625 of 2221
Quote:
Originally Posted by catspaw View Post
 

Damn, i totally missed this....

You cant get it anymore right?


There are Fiio dealers that still have limited stock, I bought mine from a Fiio dealer in Germany since I'm in Europe. You can find the list of dealers on Fiio's website and inquire who has ordered some/got some stock left.

post #626 of 2221

Those look fake I'm afraid.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by earfonia View Post
 

 

I bought from Taobao, the Hong Kong shop, referred in previous post.  According to some post and comparing to some pictures of the real Muses posted here, mine maybe fakes.

So far I haven't really impress with the sound quality of my Muses01 and Muses02.  Although Muses02 sounds very2 nice with my Beyerdynamic T1, but I would say it is quite colored with too much mids.  While my Muses01, it is not better than AD8599.  I've been comparing them for days, I've keep coming back to AD8599 for having better bass extension, and more 'Ooomph' to the music, while transparency and imaging is quite similar, which is excellent.

 

My Muses bought from Hong Kong shop on Taobao:

 

 

 

post #627 of 2221
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorblader View Post
 


There are Fiio dealers that still have limited stock, I bought mine from a Fiio dealer in Germany since I'm in Europe. You can find the list of dealers on Fiio's website and inquire who has ordered some/got some stock left.

Good idea. Since i live in Poland it should be possible to get from Europe.

post #628 of 2221
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorblader View Post
Those look fake I'm afraid.

 

Yes, I think they are fakes :confused_face: 

post #629 of 2221

Not to derail from the amp, but since the Muse are what many enjoy, what are indicators visually of a fake or not? Are there always real cues and examples of real op amps? I have read and looked at what has been posted but to me, it still isn't clear. Does anyone have a side by side comparison?

post #630 of 2221
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

Not to derail from the amp, but since the Muse are what many enjoy, what are indicators visually of a fake or not? Are there always real cues and examples of real op amps? I have read and looked at what has been posted but to me, it still isn't clear. Does anyone have a side by side comparison?


Original:

 


Possible fake:

 

 

 

Notice the more roundish shape of the top bow on the letter m on the possible fake and the slightly different shape of the 'nose'.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound !