or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound !
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! - Page 68

post #1006 of 2221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo83 View Post

Unfortunately they only seen to have the standard e122

Then you're SOOL with regard to getting one locally (unless you get one 2nd hand from here/little e big B/etc). Try the other distributors in other parts of the world on that page; I know for a fact Noisy Motel here in Australia still have a few, but they may not be able to ship to the UK due to distribution agreement with Fiio, and if they can, you're going to be paying a bit in shipping.
Edited by MistahBungle - 4/25/14 at 2:17am
post #1007 of 2221

There isn't any distribution agreement on the E12DIY as far as I know, given it is just a limited run. There are quite a few on Taobao, but with forwarding service and such, it will be close to USD$300 mark...(If you don't get taxed locally).

post #1008 of 2221
Wow, first time it arrive on my country it cost IDR 2,400,000 (209 USD), now it cost IDR 2,900,000 (253 USD). Think to buy it, but already purchase M8 biggrin.gif
post #1009 of 2221

 Listening to the X3/E12 DIY combo through my HD 600's right now, works amazingly well. I really didn't expect that at all

post #1010 of 2221
I think about purchase a E12 diy for combination with my X5 and my AKG K3003 in ears. Will it be a good deal or not? The K 3003 have only 8 Ohms.
post #1011 of 2221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Reiner View Post

I think about purchase a E12 diy for combination with my X5 and my AKG K3003 in ears. Will it be a good deal or not? The K 3003 have only 8 Ohms.

 

I would say it is a great idea because the X5's line out is noticeably better than the HPO and the E12 is a great amp with the same footprint as the X5 so they pair really well physically and sonically. E12 output impedance is low enough to have no troubles with the 8 ohm K3003. The only thing to double-check (depending on sensitivity of the K3003) is how much useful range you have on the volume control. I.e. check that it's not "loud" or "off". With the UM Miracles I have a useable volume range of around 10-40% on the E12DIY when using the X5 line-out

post #1012 of 2221
Quote:
Originally Posted by defguy View Post
 

 Listening to the X3/E12 DIY combo through my HD 600's right now, works amazingly well. I really didn't expect that at all

Do you use the E12DIY on high/low gain with your HD 600 and at what volume range?

post #1013 of 2221
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicalViola View Post
 

Do you use the E12DIY on high/low gain with your HD 600 and at what volume range?

I switched it to high gain, volume at maybe 10:00?  Didn't try it at low gain.

post #1014 of 2221
Quote:
Originally Posted by defguy View Post
 

I switched it to high gain, volume at maybe 10:00?  Didn't try it at low gain.

Try switching it to low gain and at a higher volume (maybe 3-4 o'clock) to match what you get at high gain and 10 o'clock, and then see what differences in the overall tonality/balance you get between these two different settings.

post #1015 of 2221
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicalViola View Post
 

Try switching it to low gain and at a higher volume (maybe 3-4 o'clock) to match what you get at high gain and 10 o'clock, and then see what differences in the overall tonality/balance you get between these two different settings.

    It sounds a little edgier with the gain on low and the volume cranked up, like it's starting to clip a little. I prefer it on high gain with the 600's

post #1016 of 2221

Hey, so I finally plugged in my new silver E12DIY (it's my second E12DIY. I have a gold one from the initial preorder). Paired with my Beyer DT770 Pro 250 it sounds fantastic.

 

I'm actually shocked because for a long time I considered the DT770 Pro my biggest fail in terms of a headphone purchase. They sounded recessed, distant, and uninvolving, and the treble just killed my ears. I wrote it off as a loss.

 

Paired with the stock E12DIY, however, it sounds great!

 

Treble is still slightly tipped up, but not nearly as objectionable as before. There's a terrific sense of space, air, and openness, and the presentation is really engaging.

 

Funny, because when got my first E12DIY, the stock chip didn't blow me away. I recall it was good, very competent, but not great.

 

Well, with the DT770, it's pretty darned special. 

 

Chalk it up to good synergy. I'm hesitant to change a thing currently, but I'll be itching to try out the other chips soon.

post #1017 of 2221

Hello all or maybe james can help, i'm asking for any guidance or combination that is ideal for X5 ?  especially again my little setup

 

I plan to pickup E12 DIY and use this setup for X5+E12 DY+ HS6 m2m+TF10p/HD650.

 

 

Regards.

Vayz91

post #1018 of 2221
Quote:
Originally Posted by vayz View Post
 

Hello all or maybe james can help, i'm asking for any guidance or combination that is ideal for X5 ?  especially again my little setup

 

I plan to pickup E12 DIY and use this setup for X5+E12 DY+ HS6 m2m+TF10p/HD650.

 

 

Regards.

Vayz91

 

Do you mean the combination of buffer and op amp?

post #1019 of 2221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post
 

 

Do you mean the combination of buffer and op amp?


Yes, it's the buffer and op amp combination, wishing to hear a guidance to create a best synergy with my eqs, if it's still the OPA1611+LME49600 than think i'll take the regular E12 without DIY since the price is 80$ difference. but since my local agent has the stock with old price ($200) i think i'll consider and learn to tinker(i'm such a newbie for this) for the SQ that match my rigs

post #1020 of 2221
Quote:
Originally Posted by vayz View Post


Yes, it's the buffer and op amp combination, wishing to hear a guidance to create a best synergy with my eqs, if it's still the OPA1611+LME49600 than think i'll take the regular E12 without DIY since the price is 80$ difference. but since my local agent has the stock with old price ($200) i think i'll consider and learn to tinker(i'm such a newbie for this) for the SQ that match my rigs


I bought the JDS C5 (on the basis of price/relative SQ) after auditioning a couple of portable amps including the E12DIY, though the possibilities with component swapping on the latter really appealed to me & was playing on my mind after (almost as soon as I left the store).

End result was I bought the E12DIY as well a few days later, and haven't regretted it one little bit ;-)

Honestly, if you like tinkering, get it ;-) The supplied components will keep you busy for a while so far as combinations are concerned, and with the supplied adapters, you have almost endless possibilities with what opamps/buffers you can put in it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound !