- 45 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 7/30/13
Related Forum Threads
- Recommending Hifiman HE-400 or Philips X1 Last post on 4/17/14 at 1:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice - The choice between the HE-400 and the HD650 Last post on 4/3/14 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best "Starter" Headphones? - HiFiMan HE-400 / AKG K712 / Sennheiser HD650 / ... Last post on 4/13/14 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- For Sale: HD600 and HE400 Last post on 3/28/14 at 1:03pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are the V-Modas overrated by people who don't have enough experience with headphones? Last post on 4/7/14 at 11:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
Questions about the HiFiMan HE 400spost #1 of 97/30/13 at 7:45pmThread StarterI am thinking of getting these in the future, and I have a few questions. I am looking for something V shaped / u shaped / fun. Not perfectly flat. If you own these, do you think those words describe them?How do they compare to other headphones in the same price range? Specifically, other V/U shaped headphones in this price range. 450 absolute max, (what i would have to pay for these) but preferably closer to 400. I already have an amp/dac, so I don't need to worry about that.How is the soundstage? How would you describe these headphones? Pros and cons.Are they really worth the price? ($450)Lastly, how do these compare to the Denon AHD2000?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 97/30/13 at 8:19pmpost #3 of 97/30/13 at 8:34pmThread Starterpost #4 of 97/30/13 at 8:36pmI had the hd650s before I got the he-400s. I believe that the the hifimans have a slightly larger soundstage. There is definitely more bass on the hifiman between the two. They are a bit heavy, but I suppose you get used to it.
There is a peak in treble for sure on the he400 and minor sibilance, but it seems to tame itself down a little after some use. I had the grado ps500 before as well, so the peak doesn't really bother me that much either.
I'm happy with them so far.post #5 of 97/30/13 at 8:50pmThread Starterpost #6 of 97/30/13 at 9:22pmQuote:
Are you using a mobile version of head-fi? Because if not the link should be right in front of you.post #7 of 97/30/13 at 9:39pmThread StarterCode:Quote:
Lol. I'm on mobile. But I see it now. I couldn't see the links under the text in the grey box under your comment, and tried looking through your post history instead. I'll check it out. Thank you.
Edited by Gbemiro - 7/30/13 at 9:46pmpost #8 of 97/31/13 at 2:15amThread Starter
Thank you for the review. It was extremely helpful. I think i'll almost definitely go for the he-400s now.
- Questions about the HiFiMan HE 400s
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Currently, there are 2543 Active Users (484 Members and 2059 Guests)
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors) 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Firestone Audio Tobby DAC 3 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread,... 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 6 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 6 minutes ago
- › WHICH COWON PRODUCT HAS THE BEST SOUND QUALITY ? 8 minutes ago
- › fiio x3 vs fiio e17 vs fiio 07 13 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 15 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob