- 45 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 7/30/13
Related Forum Threads
- Is bit perfect dac enough power for H 400? Last post on 3/3/14 at 1:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Is bit perfect dac enough power for H 400? Last post on 3/4/14 at 7:21am in Computer Audio
- Upgrading from HD598 Last post on 3/9/14 at 1:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help for choosing a pair of 300-500€ over-ear headphones that suits any genres Last post on 3/3/14 at 12:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose my first Audiophile Headphones Last post on 3/4/14 at 6:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
Questions about the HiFiMan HE 400spost #1 of 97/30/13 at 7:45pmThread StarterI am thinking of getting these in the future, and I have a few questions. I am looking for something V shaped / u shaped / fun. Not perfectly flat. If you own these, do you think those words describe them?How do they compare to other headphones in the same price range? Specifically, other V/U shaped headphones in this price range. 450 absolute max, (what i would have to pay for these) but preferably closer to 400. I already have an amp/dac, so I don't need to worry about that.How is the soundstage? How would you describe these headphones? Pros and cons.Are they really worth the price? ($450)Lastly, how do these compare to the Denon AHD2000?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 97/30/13 at 8:19pmpost #3 of 97/30/13 at 8:34pmThread Starterpost #4 of 97/30/13 at 8:36pmI had the hd650s before I got the he-400s. I believe that the the hifimans have a slightly larger soundstage. There is definitely more bass on the hifiman between the two. They are a bit heavy, but I suppose you get used to it.
There is a peak in treble for sure on the he400 and minor sibilance, but it seems to tame itself down a little after some use. I had the grado ps500 before as well, so the peak doesn't really bother me that much either.
I'm happy with them so far.post #5 of 97/30/13 at 8:50pmThread Starterpost #6 of 97/30/13 at 9:22pmQuote:
Are you using a mobile version of head-fi? Because if not the link should be right in front of you.post #7 of 97/30/13 at 9:39pmThread StarterCode:Quote:
Lol. I'm on mobile. But I see it now. I couldn't see the links under the text in the grey box under your comment, and tried looking through your post history instead. I'll check it out. Thank you.
Edited by Gbemiro - 7/30/13 at 9:46pmpost #8 of 97/31/13 at 2:15amThread Starter
Thank you for the review. It was extremely helpful. I think i'll almost definitely go for the he-400s now.
- Questions about the HiFiMan HE 400s
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Currently, there are 2776 Active Users (503 Members and 2273 Guests)
- › New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC" 58 seconds ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 311 IEMs compared (HiSoundAudio BA100 added... 1 minute ago
- › Bob Dylan albums - Itunes vs. everything else. 1 minute ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ Appreciation thread. Opinions, reviews,... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 preview world tour--first arrivals on page 19, first... 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 4 minutes ago
- › ColorFly C4 - Lots of Questions and Issues on Not Working!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations 5 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South... 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude