try mad dog headphone great for rock music.
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Pro Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 8/2/13
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/2/13
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphones (Black)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/2/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by nightmancometh, 8/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones for under $350 give or take some. Last post on 12/8/13 at 1:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- So I bought Custom One Pros Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Full-size headphone dilemma Help Last post on 9/17/13 at 8:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs Hp100 vs MDR-1r? Anyone compared these? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- (partly) Portable full sized headphones? Last post on 4/7/13 at 2:31am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
2013 best heaphone (Under 300) for music. - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 788/18/13 at 2:29pmpost #18 of 788/18/13 at 3:20pmpost #19 of 788/18/13 at 4:19pmpost #20 of 788/19/13 at 4:42amQuote:
No I Haven't but most cans in the $300 price range tend to have simmilar levels of quality, the differance between them is their Sound Signitures and coloration. I have heard the k550 and Mad Dog and ath a900x
But still at $99 dollars, there's not really a better BANG for your dollar Neutral Closed Back, so if he needs an amp and a dac, it will sound better to have Amp dac and $100 can, then let's so $200 can and only an amp
And I can understand the others may have a sound sig he prefers better, I prefer the K550 over the ath a900x, but I already have an oDac and an Amp, so I can afford to spend the Extra $60post #21 of 788/19/13 at 7:58ampost #22 of 788/19/13 at 8:01ampost #23 of 788/19/13 at 8:21amQuote:
He needs around the ear and, I suspect, closed.
BeyerDynamic DT660 for a lot less than $300.post #24 of 788/19/13 at 9:12amQuote:
Your right it's not
I guess if you have a limited Budget [putting everything at "used prices] the Ath a900x beats all of those recommendations due to it's price. It''s the quality of a Mid Fi can at low Fi prices. The other thing to consider is if an amp and dac are needed. If you NEED an amp and a Dac [because they really do improve sound, even with cans that do not need amps, a Dac will improve quality, and you thus need an amp to adjust the volume from the Dac to get the best sound from the dac]
So again, let's assume you hae a $300 budget, no amp and no dac and you want a head phone. The Ath a900x at used price is going to be your best purchase, is it will allow you to have more money for other quality improving compents
Now let's assume you already have a dac and an Amp, then it's all down to preferance. I prefer the Akg K550, and I already have a Dac and Amp.
As far as sound quality goes, I have my Ath a900x sitting with me. The quality is the same as the Akg K550. Both retain details well and have good dynamic shifts. The differance between the two is Sound Signiture. I prefer the Sound of the Akg K550 over the Ath A900x, others feel the oppisite way
In addition the Ath a900x is MUCH easier to fit on your head than is the K550, we know the K550 changes DRASTICALLY with it's Fit. The Ath A900x is not prone to this as much [It has more clamp than the Akg K550 and the Wing System works sufficently well] So assuming more people will fit a ath a900x it is also a better choice for it's ease of use in that regard.
BUT purely based on BANG for your BUCK, the Ath A900x is a clear winner. If you need a money for other compents [and the OP does, does he not] then the Ath a900x is going to allow him to have a better overall experince due to it being pair'd with a better source and an amp. Where as the K550 with only a Dac or only an Amp will not sound as good as the Ath a900x out of a clean source and an amp.
That being said I personally prefer the sound of the AKG K550, but it is not as good a value for some one new as the Ath a900x.post #25 of 788/19/13 at 9:12ampost #26 of 788/19/13 at 12:49pm
I never said it IS the best sounding headphone ever, I said it is ONE OF THE best sounding headphones ever, what is the truth for me, because I don't see many peolple complaining about them, and I see lots of producers working with them. I have never heard of the hp100 so I can't say anything about itpost #27 of 788/19/13 at 1:12pmAt a 300 budget you have the chance to get some really good sounding headphones. Avoid V moda m100 they are a joke at this price. Mr Speakers mad dog, It's a bargain the sound is worth so much more than it's price. Nice detailed yet musical sound with nice powerful bass when the song calls for it. The comfort is unreal, This headphone truly is the best in the price range. To get better sound or equal than the MD you would be looking at open phones such as the k702 etc but even then that's debatable and they are a different sound. The closet I have heard are the D7000.post #28 of 788/19/13 at 1:22pmYou might try the DT770 LE. I have them and they are pretty sweet, not highly portable but still sounds good out of just an MP3 player, and scales well with amps too.
Edited by Gilly87 - 8/21/13 at 4:48pmpost #29 of 788/21/13 at 1:21pmpost #30 of 788/21/13 at 3:36pmQuote:
I have been kind to the M100, I have praised there looks, Effort that has gone into them. I question their long term build quality though after takingh them apart and doing a little durability test.
The sound though is just shocking though, No mid range clarity just a muddled mess. They get beat by my £60 shure 440, they have ok bass but a lot of it. Seriously anyone considering these over true good quality phones needs shooting lol :) But seriously just an absolute rip off, They amke me so angry because I actually gave them the benifit of the doubtand spent a lot of money.
- 2013 best heaphone (Under 300) for music.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › DJ Audio Interfaces vs. audiophile DACs 4 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 5 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 5 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Coming into my home soon — the Naim DAC V-1 7 minutes ago
- › Martin Customs Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp... 8 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi