- 140 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Location: Hendersonville,TN
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 3/4/14 at 8:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH M50X vs Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro vs Shure SRH840 vs Beyerdynamic DT-770 Last post on 2/25/14 at 12:50pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need a 250$ headphones instad of my ATH M50 Last post on 2/22/14 at 8:48pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need help getting a speaker/amp setup for my house. Used for laptop plug in, and record player... Last post on 2/11/14 at 6:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- What is the best AMP for FLAC > Colorfly C3 > ATH M50 ? Last post on 2/7/14 at 11:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Summary I've had these for about a week now, and I have to say I like them more each day. At first I was rather worried about purchasing them, because other reviews were saying that the bass...
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
Sennheiser 558 or ath-m50?post #1 of 117/30/13 at 6:27pmThread StarterHello I am looking for a good headphone with great clarity. I want it to be for outside. It needs to be comfy. Sennheiser 558 or ath-m50?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 117/30/13 at 9:57pm
M50 if you want some attenuation of ambient sounds and avoid bothering other people with sound leaking from your headphones, HD558 if you don't care about that. I keep reading that M50 has copious bass and treble, and then I know that HD558 has a more balanced out sound and little extra bass. If you want a closed, full-sized headphone with very good balance in sound, there's HD380Pro and SRH840.
It would help if you mentioned what kind of music you will be listening to.post #3 of 117/30/13 at 11:41pmQuote:
I'm assuming these headphone are going to be use while traveling or walking?
Check out the JVC HA-S500post #4 of 117/30/13 at 11:44pmNot sure what"/ your price range, but for open, yes the HD558 is good but for closed, if you are looking for bassy headphone, you are better off with UE6000 or the SRH-840 for more balanced sound
Hope it helps!
Billsonpost #5 of 117/31/13 at 3:50am
Why not consider yourself some good pair of IEMS instead of headphones? You get better portability that way! Plus they look discreet when walking outside and you won't be turning heads like with wearing big headphones in public!post #6 of 117/31/13 at 5:29amQuote:
However, you will get better sound quality with full-size headphones in comparison to IEM but IEM offer better isolation
Billsonpost #7 of 117/31/13 at 6:43amQuote:
Yep thats true, you have got point!post #8 of 117/31/13 at 6:55amThread StarterMy price range is about $150. And I listen to electronic and dubstep etc. I would really like full sized headphones, because I don't like the iems. I have some but I feel like headphones give me a more natural sound than just something being stuffed in my ear.Quote:post #9 of 117/31/13 at 10:38am
I use to own a pair of 558s and have listened to my cousin's M50s extensively. Both are very good pairs of headphones for around the 100-120 dollar mark. However, if you mainly plan to use these for outside use I strongly recommend the V-Moda M80s instead. The M80s, in my opinion, sound very similar to the M50s but are much smaller and compact than the M50s and are built like a tank with almost all metal construction and very flexible headband. You would probably have to try and purposely destroy these in order for them to break. You can find used like new ones on the classifieds here for around 100 dollars and I think they will serve your purpose well.post #10 of 117/31/13 at 10:40amThread Starterpost #11 of 117/31/13 at 9:43pmIf EDM is what you listen to mostly, HD5xx series may not be what you are looking for as itdoes not have the bass you need! I would suggest you to look into V-Modas
- Sennheiser 558 or ath-m50?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Review 27 seconds ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread 38 seconds ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 49 seconds ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 53 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 1 minute ago
- › Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Hello, Help Budget IEM Recommendation 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Audeze LCD-X and LCD-XC sign up on Black... 3 minutes ago
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by gelocks
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude