- 140 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Location: Hendersonville,TN
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Beginner looking for amp/DAC advice Last post on 2/13/15 at 11:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which ATH M50 to get ? Last post on 12/26/14 at 1:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ear Fatigue After EQing (ATH-M50) Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Incipio F38 Remember the famous budget cans, the RP-HTF600? They we're great once modded, and so are these! So let's talk. This won't be a Super Detailed Review. Overall Sound: Highs...
wouldn't recommend if you're going to pay for $100 or above. Reasonable price should have been around $70. The only selling point is the open soundstage, would make a goid pair for movies or...
Just purchased these to see if the review-ratings were any close to reality. Quite a bit yeah. I thought it's good to have them with you if you want to occasionally let a friend listen with...
Sennheiser 558 or ath-m50?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
M50 if you want some attenuation of ambient sounds and avoid bothering other people with sound leaking from your headphones, HD558 if you don't care about that. I keep reading that M50 has copious bass and treble, and then I know that HD558 has a more balanced out sound and little extra bass. If you want a closed, full-sized headphone with very good balance in sound, there's HD380Pro and SRH840.
It would help if you mentioned what kind of music you will be listening to.
I'm assuming these headphone are going to be use while traveling or walking?
Check out the JVC HA-S500
Hope it helps!
Why not consider yourself some good pair of IEMS instead of headphones? You get better portability that way! Plus they look discreet when walking outside and you won't be turning heads like with wearing big headphones in public!
However, you will get better sound quality with full-size headphones in comparison to IEM but IEM offer better isolation
Yep thats true, you have got point!
I use to own a pair of 558s and have listened to my cousin's M50s extensively. Both are very good pairs of headphones for around the 100-120 dollar mark. However, if you mainly plan to use these for outside use I strongly recommend the V-Moda M80s instead. The M80s, in my opinion, sound very similar to the M50s but are much smaller and compact than the M50s and are built like a tank with almost all metal construction and very flexible headband. You would probably have to try and purposely destroy these in order for them to break. You can find used like new ones on the classifieds here for around 100 dollars and I think they will serve your purpose well.
- Sennheiser 558 or ath-m50?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Can Con 5.0 - Sydney Australia meet (28th June 2015) 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015) 7 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Stax SR007 Resonance Problems? 7 minutes ago
- › [AUS] Sony mdr 1r-mk2 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-1 (2015) 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2