- 140 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Location: Hendersonville,TN
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ear Fatigue After EQing (ATH-M50) Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V Moda M100s worth the upgrade from Audio Technica ATH-M50s? Last post on 4/23/14 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH-440 w/HPAEC840 pads vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 4/24/14 at 1:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
Sennheiser 558 or ath-m50?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
M50 if you want some attenuation of ambient sounds and avoid bothering other people with sound leaking from your headphones, HD558 if you don't care about that. I keep reading that M50 has copious bass and treble, and then I know that HD558 has a more balanced out sound and little extra bass. If you want a closed, full-sized headphone with very good balance in sound, there's HD380Pro and SRH840.
It would help if you mentioned what kind of music you will be listening to.
I'm assuming these headphone are going to be use while traveling or walking?
Check out the JVC HA-S500
Hope it helps!
Why not consider yourself some good pair of IEMS instead of headphones? You get better portability that way! Plus they look discreet when walking outside and you won't be turning heads like with wearing big headphones in public!
However, you will get better sound quality with full-size headphones in comparison to IEM but IEM offer better isolation
Yep thats true, you have got point!
I use to own a pair of 558s and have listened to my cousin's M50s extensively. Both are very good pairs of headphones for around the 100-120 dollar mark. However, if you mainly plan to use these for outside use I strongly recommend the V-Moda M80s instead. The M80s, in my opinion, sound very similar to the M50s but are much smaller and compact than the M50s and are built like a tank with almost all metal construction and very flexible headband. You would probably have to try and purposely destroy these in order for them to break. You can find used like new ones on the classifieds here for around 100 dollars and I think they will serve your purpose well.
- Sennheiser 558 or ath-m50?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some... 5 seconds ago
- › CREATE THE ULTIMATE FPS HEADSET!!! 34 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 1 minute ago
- › Metro Detroit 2014 Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 9/13/14 Lawrence, Kansas Headfi meeting Impression. 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Need help deciding on the next headphone/amp to add to my collection 8 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 22 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 8 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)