This is the best headphone ever, it stomps the M50 in every way possible. (Best is always subjective tho) Still these ARE better
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50s/LE Limited Edition Professional Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/29/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- ATH m50 headphones lost isolation Last post on 9/22/13 at 6:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Getting my First ATH-M50RD Headphones soon ^_^ Last post on 9/18/13 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50's 150Hz-1kHz Peak? Last post on 6/27/13 at 7:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 vs ATH-M50S LE Last post on 2/13/13 at 4:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Will long term use ruin the sound? Last post on 1/20/13 at 9:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Packaging and build: The packaging is minimal and exquisitely so. The extra tips filters and manual are behind the felt coated foam holding the earphones. As I gingerly dislodged them from the...
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Is the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 really the best headphone all over the world? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I know it depends on the style and genre of music you listen to, to which one you buy, so
I most the time listen to rap/hip-hop music, but when in the mood i also listen to classical music, so im pretty omnivorous when its comes to music.
I can't really mention the artists i mostly like to listen to, i can but my taste of music always change, and it also depends on the mood what i listen to. But, to be more detailed, i don't really listen to any douchbag type of music like Lil wayne and the others, if its comes to rap i suggest Jay-z's new album Magna Carta... Holy Grail , Kanye West Yeezus, J.Cole etc. I also like musics like THE BOTS "Northern Lights. Rock? Not really, only just a very few of them. Dubstep? Never really intrested me..Dance/Electro/Techno/Trance, well sometimes,yes.
Also thanks the welcoming
The ATH-M50 after the years that it's been on the market is still one of the best headphones for the price*, unless you really don't like a balanced sound signature. Yeah, the highs measure kinda uneven but the peak (in the mid-treble) and the dip (in the lower treble) are pretty narrow and not that high in amplitude. Personally, it's not enough for me to bother with EQing. I use a FiiO E07K amp/DAC though, so your sound (and your ears) may vary. I remember plugging the M50 straight into my iPod and the treble imbalance was noticeable. "S" sounds and some cymbals/hihats sounded too sharp. The sound is definitely smoother with the E07K. The bass is maybe a couple decibels above what is considered neutral, and the mids are as flat as can be.
To the OP - the highs are definitely not shrill or screaming, though if you're listening out of an iPod or most computers/laptops the aforementioned treble imbalance might bother you. Also, the highs sound smoother after a short break-in period.
*I am assuming a price of $100. MSRP is $159 but it's possible to get the M50 for $100. soundprofessionals.com often puts the M50 on sale. At $159 the M50 has a bit more competition, especially when some $200+ headphones are on sale.
How can that be when the Audio Technica ATH-A900x absolutely destroys the M-50 in every possible way?
The only drawback to the A900x is the AT wing system which is not for everyone.
But the OP of this thread sounds like someone that is attempting to stir up some more sales for his business possibly?
The M50s are just the easiest recommendation for entry level audiophiles, especially with the massive number of people who own them versus other headphones in that price range. They're the jack of all trades, but the master of none. Their v-shaped, warm sound signature is appealing to most people, and it sounds good with many genres of music. You pair that with the price they're asking for, and they're one of the best headphones in that price range.
- Is the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 really the best headphone all over the world?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › AKG K702 (used) 702 4 seconds ago
- › Moon Audio Black Dragon Headphones Cable (DIY) - 5 Ft. with ALO... 11 seconds ago
- › Review: InEar StageDiver Series 14 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 16th 2013 and feature poll... 1 minute ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 1 minute ago
- › New! Focal Spirit Pro? 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for new Full Sized headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new série Z 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe