Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Bluedio R+ Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones with NFC and APT-X
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bluedio R+ Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones with NFC and APT-X - Page 7

post #91 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post

 I was giving the red to my wife, but the red is more me. I will have to order another pair if she wants them. 

Haha you're awesome.

post #92 of 335
audioops, at 74, bad hearing and all, I have discovered the wonder and joy of headphones. :)The 2 coming today, will make me have 3 headphones(over ear), and working on getting that bad Sony MDR1RBTMK2 to make me have 4. Of course, the wife won't know about them.. smily_headphones1.gif

Good listening to you,
post #93 of 335
My two sets of Bluedio R+ headsets came today, one red one silver. I have the silver pair on now. I must say they sound pretty good to me. I am not an audiophile by even the smallest sense. The only headset I can compare it to is my Sony MDR 10RBT.

Listening to the same music they both sound very good to me, with the edge going to the higher priced Sony. Also the Sony has apt-X enabled and using it playing music off my Note 3 which has apt-X.

At this point I am a happy camper. Can't wait to bust in the gym and bang a hard workout with these babies on. With my full gray hair, that makes for quite a sight. smily_headphones1.gif

Hoping the makers make a simple fix available to get apt-X going. Right now I am playing one of my favorites, and it is killer coming through the Bluedio. The LONELY SHEPARD, from KILL BILL VOL 1, soundtrack. smily_headphones1.gif
post #94 of 335

My set arrived today and sound great.

 

I've been trying to get apt-X to work with my MacBook Air but I've had no luck, the codec shows as SBC. I know apt-X works on the MB Air as my HBS730 shows as using the codec aptX.

I emailed the aftersales email on the Bluedio website hoping for support but thought I would ask here if anyone has managed to get apt-X working with a laptop or computer with the Bluedio r+?

 

The sound quality is still great but I'm one of those tech geeks that like to get the best features working just because they can!

 

I've also got the USB-SPI tool on order so I can hopefully get apt-X working with my HTC One, although I can't see the firmware download on the Bluedio website, so that might be my first stumbling block. Again maybe one of you guys might be able to give me a link to the files?

 

Look forward to hearing from you guys, and hope that you're all enjoying the Bluedios r+ as much as I am.

post #95 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by moidebe View Post

My set arrived today and sound great.

I've been trying to get apt-X to work with my MacBook Air but I've had no luck, the codec shows as SBC. I know apt-X works on the MB Air as my HBS730 shows as using the codec aptX.
I emailed the aftersales email on the Bluedio website hoping for support but thought I would ask here if anyone has managed to get apt-X working with a laptop or computer with the Bluedio r+?

The sound quality is still great but I'm one of those tech geeks that like to get the best features working just because they can!

I've also got the USB-SPI tool on order so I can hopefully get apt-X working with my HTC One, although I can't see the firmware download on the Bluedio website, so that might be my first stumbling block. Again maybe one of you guys might be able to give me a link to the files?

Look forward to hearing from you guys, and hope that you're all enjoying the Bluedios r+ as much as I am.

Congrats!
On the aptX, at this point nobody has cracked the Bluedio aptX puzzle. Still IMHO a great headset for the money.
post #96 of 335

Just to let everyone know, this is the response I got back from Bluedio;

Hi,

 

Thanks very much for your coming letter as well as your support of our products.

 

I am sorry the aptx function has been closed by the engineer. It may could not been adjusted and released out unless

you have a USB-SPI tool. And pitifully this tool is only sold in China.

 

And yet, honestly speaking, i am not a tech guy, know little about the adjustings. The engineer also suggests better not adjust

by yourselves in case of any unknown damages to the headphones.

 

If you have any further idea, please let me know.

 

Best regards,

George.

 

So I'm cancelling my order for the USB-SPI tool as I think it sounds like too much trouble.

 

Never mind, I still like the headphones and will still recommend them to my friends!

post #97 of 335
Yeah, I agree the Bluedios are winners for the price without the aptx. But it would have been killer diller if they activated the aptx codec.

I find it hard to understand the reasoning behind that move. They say it is hard to do, so why didnt they have the engineers program a model with aptx, labeled it that way, and sell it for extra $$.. I would pay extra if the aptx was enabled.
post #98 of 335

since aptX is being so intensively discussed in this thread (but as far as I can see only regarding the R+ model)

I thought I'd ask whether aptX is working ok with R2 ?

- has anyone ever had a chance to try that ?

post #99 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfBoy23 View Post

since aptX is being so intensively discussed in this thread (but as far as I can see only regarding the R+ model)
I thought I'd ask whether aptX is working ok with R2 ?
- has anyone ever had a chance to try that ?

From what I have saw, read and learned in the last week on the Bluedios, they list aptx on the R2 and R+ models, but it doesn't work IN ANY OF THE MODELS. When they are contacted, they tell you it has been disabled. IMO, that is a biggee, because with some buyers, the aptx is a a big game changer..In trying to understand the logic, and just my opinion, Bluedio didn't or won't pay for the aptx license! That is the only reason I can see for this big advertising blunder..Listing an important feature in an item, only to find out AFTER you purchased it, that feature is disabled. I think everybody will agree that the Bluedios are a good value even without the aptx feature..

Just my two cents again. smily_headphones1.gif
post #100 of 335
yeah but the aptX doesn't work in both models ? R+ as well as R2 ?
did You get a chance to check it and verify it on R2 ?
post #101 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post


From what I have saw, read and learned in the last week on the Bluedios, they list aptx on the R2 and R+ models, but it doesn't work IN ANY OF THE MODELS. When they are contacted, they tell you it has been disabled. IMO, that is a biggee, because with some buyers, the aptx is a a big game changer..In trying to understand the logic, and just my opinion, Bluedio didn't or won't pay for the aptx license! That is the only reason I can see for this big advertising blunder..Listing an important feature in an item, only to find out AFTER you purchased it, that feature is disabled. I think everybody will agree that the Bluedios are a good value even without the aptx feature..

Just my two cents again. smily_headphones1.gif

there's prolly some hack you can do to enable it.

Same with the EQ adjustments that we discussed earlier.

USB-SPI cable cany1?

post #102 of 335
Thread Starter 

No Bluedio product has aptX, despite their claims that they do. False advertising.

 

I can give instructions on how to purchase those usb-spi tools if someone wants to try it. I no longer have my R+ to do so:

 

http://s.taobao.com/search?spm=a230r.1.4.1.ix7LSo&q=csr+usb-spi&rs=up&rsclick=1

 

Find one here, and copy the link into a Taobao forwarding service such as mistertao.com. They will purchase it for you, and ship it to you.


Edited by bhazard - 3/4/14 at 12:10pm
post #103 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post

No Bluedio product has aptX, despite their claims that they do. False advertising.

I can give instructions on how to purchase those usb-spi tools if someone wants to try it. I no longer have my R+ to do so:

http://s.taobao.com/search?spm=a230r.1.4.1.ix7LSo&q=csr+usb-spi&rs=up&rsclick=1

Find one here, and copy the link into a Taobao forwarding service such as mistertao.com. They will purchase it for you, and ship it to you.

You are correct on that,False advertising to the 10th degree if you ask me. Even down to the part of ordering some make believe tool to turn on aptx.. Hasn't happen, and from what I see it won't happen. IMO, I think Bluedio backed out and didn't want to pay for the aptx license.
post #104 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post


You are correct on that,False advertising to the 10th degree if you ask me. Even down to the part of ordering some make believe tool to turn on aptx.. Hasn't happen, and from what I see it won't happen. IMO, I think Bluedio backed out and didn't want to pay for the aptx license.

The Question is are the hardware capable of aptx.

having it disabled doesn't mean it it cannot be re-enabled right?

post #105 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkkzkk32312 View Post
 

The Question is are the hardware capable of aptx.

having it disabled doesn't mean it it cannot be re-enabled right?

Don't know about that, and it doesn't seemed possible. I based that opinon on the fact, that a lot of KNOWLEDGEABLE people have TRIED to enabled it, and NOBODY has succeeded. In addition, the info coming straight from Bluedio is not encouraging.  Leads me to believe it was intended false advertisement, or they back out of paying the license fees. If you notice, they make it REALLY hard for people trying to get this done. Then if a buyer has the time, know how, and does all the instruction, the word from Bluedio is "it is not a good idea".. I mean, come on, we don't have to be rocket scientists to see where they are coming from. Now, the proof of my opinion, is the point that not ONE buyer has got aptx to work on Bluedio headsets, not one!!


Edited by cehowardNote3 - 3/5/14 at 9:11am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Bluedio R+ Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones with NFC and APT-X