I just joined this site because I need help deciding on some headphones. I am new as you can see to this whole headphone thing. My dad owns a pair of the Beats with the powered bass which are pretty sweet but I hear they are overrated and way too expensive. Also if anyone knows of other good pairs around the same price let me know. A lot of it comes down to opinion and I understand that. I just want to get a general idea about what most people prefer Right now I am interested in the Audio-Technica ATH-50 and the V-MODA Crossfade LP. I have read a bunch of reviews on both and both have a bunch of great reviews. I listen to mostly Metal, Rock, Scremo and sometimes Dubstep and Rap. I want something that had great clear crisp sound when I am listening to metal, rock, scremo ect. I also want it to have a good amount of bass for when I do listen to Dubstep and Rap. I am also very anal when it comes to comfort. So I am also looking for something that is pretty comfortable for long period use. Thanks for any help you all can give.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/28/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/28/13
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 7/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 vs V-MODA Crossfade LP (Please Help) Last post on 7/29/13 at 2:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50S vs. V-MODA Crossfade LP Over-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphone Last post on 7/30/12 at 5:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Quick question... V-Moda Cross LP for $100 or Audio-Technica ATH-M50 fro $160? Last post on 1/9/12 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Krk 6400's or ATH-M50's Last post on 2/7/12 at 11:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Appreciation of the ATH-M50's Last post on 4/29/12 at 10:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
SOUNDMAGIC E50S IN EAR MONITOR REVIEW Firstly, like to thank SoundMAGIC for supplying the E50S Review unit Features and Design The E50S is the latest in ear monitor from SoundMAGIC....
My initial impressions of this headphone were good, but it has taken a week for me of careful listening to really appreciate their qualities and purpose. Ultimately, I love these headphones and...
Overview, design and build: The CKR10 is currently the flagship dynamic driver earphones from Audio Technica. I bought it used from another Head-Fi user. Packaging and accesories are simple but...
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as buffer (Current amp). It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter...
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Audio-Technica ATH-M50 vs V-MODA Crossfade LP (Please Help)
Poll Results: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 vs V-MODA Crossfade LP
28% (2)Audio-Technica ATH-M50
28% (2)V-MODA Crossfade LP
42% (3)Other (Please type in the comments which pair you are suggesting)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I would suggest the LP2's from V-Moda, I've got a pair and they're awesome for the price. The LP2 has less bass than the LP1 but it's still a very bass heavy headphone, this would be a better compromise than the LP1 mostly because heavy bass will make metal unpleasant. I also listen to Metal and EDM and the LP2 sounds great with both genres.
Some words about V-moda.... firstly the build quality is amazing they cables, the headband and the frame of the headphones are overkill as far as durability goes. I've dropped my LP2's multiple times and there's been no damage what so ever to them. The cable sheathing will fray from wear but the kevlar underneath will always protect your wires, also the 45 degree connector will fit in the narrowest of cases that you put on your phone. As far as comfort goes it's hit or miss with V-Moda headphones, some people will love the fit of the headphones others will have great difficulty.
I can't speak for the ATH-M50 but I really like my LP2's and highly recommend them.
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 vs V-MODA Crossfade LP (Please Help)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 1 minute ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD 10.33 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 7 minutes ago
- › Lear LUF-4B In-Ear Headphone 8 minutes ago
- › LEAR LUF-4F In-Ear Headphone 10 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 11 minutes ago
- › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution?... 11 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 11 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2