I just joined this site because I need help deciding on some headphones. I am new as you can see to this whole headphone thing. My dad owns a pair of the Beats with the powered bass which are pretty sweet but I hear they are overrated and way too expensive. Also if anyone knows of other good pairs around the same price let me know. A lot of it comes down to opinion and I understand that. I just want to get a general idea about what most people prefer Right now I am interested in the Audio-Technica ATH-50 and the V-MODA Crossfade LP. I have read a bunch of reviews on both and both have a bunch of great reviews. I listen to mostly Metal, Rock, Scremo and sometimes Dubstep and Rap. I want something that had great clear crisp sound when I am listening to metal, rock, scremo ect. I also want it to have a good amount of bass for when I do listen to Dubstep and Rap. I am also very anal when it comes to comfort. So I am also looking for something that is pretty comfortable for long period use. Thanks for any help you all can give.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/28/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/28/13
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 7/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 vs V-MODA Crossfade LP (Please Help) Last post on 7/29/13 at 2:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50S vs. V-MODA Crossfade LP Over-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphone Last post on 7/30/12 at 5:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Quick question... V-Moda Cross LP for $100 or Audio-Technica ATH-M50 fro $160? Last post on 1/9/12 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Krk 6400's or ATH-M50's Last post on 2/7/12 at 11:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Appreciation of the ATH-M50's Last post on 4/29/12 at 10:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Best i-Device portable DAC ever listened to, very neutral and smooth like from a desktop DAC. Currently using it with my iPod touch 5 (Yes, it's support lightinig connector). I will prefer filter...
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
Audio-Technica ATH-M50 vs V-MODA Crossfade LP (Please Help)
Poll Results: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 vs V-MODA Crossfade LP
7 Total Votes
28% (2)Audio-Technica ATH-M50
28% (2)V-MODA Crossfade LP
42% (3)Other (Please type in the comments which pair you are suggesting)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 37/28/13 at 11:07pm
I would suggest the LP2's from V-Moda, I've got a pair and they're awesome for the price. The LP2 has less bass than the LP1 but it's still a very bass heavy headphone, this would be a better compromise than the LP1 mostly because heavy bass will make metal unpleasant. I also listen to Metal and EDM and the LP2 sounds great with both genres.
Some words about V-moda.... firstly the build quality is amazing they cables, the headband and the frame of the headphones are overkill as far as durability goes. I've dropped my LP2's multiple times and there's been no damage what so ever to them. The cable sheathing will fray from wear but the kevlar underneath will always protect your wires, also the 45 degree connector will fit in the narrowest of cases that you put on your phone. As far as comfort goes it's hit or miss with V-Moda headphones, some people will love the fit of the headphones others will have great difficulty.
I can't speak for the ATH-M50 but I really like my LP2's and highly recommend them.
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 vs V-MODA Crossfade LP (Please Help)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › AD797 now sounds like it should 18 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD600/650 vs HiFiMan HE400 30 seconds ago
- › JDS Labs Modified O2 and New Charger, COMES WITH FREE OP AMPS... 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) 1 minute ago
- › Jerry Harvey, The Rise of the In-Ear Monitor | Talks at Google 1 minute ago
- › New headset for listening to metal 2 minutes ago
- › Speaker wire for AC power cord 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Can Con 4! Sydney, Australia Meet! 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 by Jensenchua
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob