Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Story of a New Reviewer: kimvictor
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Story of a New Reviewer: kimvictor - Page 31

post #451 of 583
That moment when Monster Diamond Tears sound better than Momentum D: IMO
post #452 of 583
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

That moment when Monster Diamond Tears sound better than Momentum D: IMO
Really? Never heard the diamond tears. But Monster is making some decent hps now.
post #453 of 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post


Really? Never heard the diamond tears. But Monster is making some decent hps now.

Music sounds more alive with the Diamond Tears, better soundstage, detail and tighter bass. Tested without an amp, straight out of iPhone 4 xD

post #454 of 583
Thread Starter 

Whoa. Why do vintage gears sound so good? I got a 10+yr old CDP from my dad, and it's actually impressive. It has a actual line out which performs really well, and the internal amp is also great. Why can't CDP nowadays do this?

post #455 of 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post
 

Whoa. Why do vintage gears sound so good? I got a 10+yr old CDP from my dad, and it's actually impressive. It has a actual line out which performs really well, and the internal amp is also great. Why can't CDP nowadays do this?

CDP these days IMO are all simplified; remove this and that, to make the cost lower. 

 

+1 FOR VINTAGE GEARS!!! 

post #456 of 583
Thread Starter 

Here's the vintage cdp. It apparently was made in 1990! It's over 20yrs! It's still sturdy and sounds superb. No hiss even with ciem, and has enough power to drive HD598. Made in Japan, Panasonic CDP.

post #457 of 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post
 

Here's the vintage cdp. It apparently was made in 1990! It's over 20yrs! It's still sturdy and sounds superb. No hiss even with ciem, and has enough power to drive HD598. Made in Japan, Panasonic CDP.

Man... those things are no longer in production anymore :( 

 

 

 

I received my Jabra Vox [soon to be my brother's] :D 

Initial impression:

Sound great for the price! V-shape sound, shows roll-off at the bottom. If the bass could be tuned down [which can be done with EQ] will be much better to my ears. It's very lightweight with the cables being very durable. The cable is not circular, nor flat, it's cube in shape @.@ Overall, excellent IEM for the price!

 

Edit: surprisingly good soundstage and imaging as well [in IEM category] 


Edited by BillsonChang007 - 12/30/13 at 5:00am
post #458 of 583
Thread Starter 

Let me sum up just my iems for the year.

Spring: Got the UERM and X20. Sold SE535 and X20.

Summer: Got the H-200 and MDR7550.

Fall: Traded H-200 for FXZ200.

Winter: Borrowed BA200 and GR07, and lent MDR7550.

 

Now hps.

Spring: Got the DT1350, V6, and HD598.

Summer: Sold the DT1350.

Fall: Got a pair of HD Wireless from Voxoa.

Winter: Bought the M500. Lent M500 and Voxoa.

 

Now amp/sources

Spring: Bought Sansa Clip Zip, Sony E Series Walkman, Schiit M&M Stack, and UHA-6S.MKII

Summer: Sold the Walkman and Schiit Magni. Bought AK100.

Fall: Sansa Clip Zip broke. Bought the Sansa Fuze v1.

Winter: Bought the AK10.

 

Whoa. I should sum up the price to see how much $ came/went over this year.

post #459 of 583
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post
 

Man... those things are no longer in production anymore :( 

 

 

 

I received my Jabra Vox [soon to be my brother's] :D 

Initial impression:

Sound great for the price! V-shape sound, shows roll-off at the bottom. If the bass could be tuned down [which can be done with EQ] will be much better to my ears. It's very lightweight with the cables being very durable. The cable is not circular, nor flat, it's cube in shape @.@ Overall, excellent IEM for the price!

 

Edit: surprisingly good soundstage and imaging as well [in IEM category] 

Jabra are a headset manufacturer, right? I remember seeing huge line of their bluetooth headsets. Glad that they make good iems.

post #460 of 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post
 

Jabra are a headset manufacturer, right? I remember seeing huge line of their bluetooth headsets. Glad that they make good iems.

Yep! My dad wasn't a fan of their headset though; he's used to Jawbone. 

post #461 of 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post
 

Let me sum up just my iems for the year.

Spring: Got the UERM and X20. Sold SE535 and X20.

Summer: Got the H-200 and MDR7550.

Fall: Traded H-200 for FXZ200.

Winter: Borrowed BA200 and GR07, and lent MDR7550.

 

Now hps.

Spring: Got the DT1350, V6, and HD598.

Summer: Sold the DT1350.

Fall: Got a pair of HD Wireless from Voxoa.

Winter: Bought the M500. Lent M500 and Voxoa.

 

Now amp/sources

Spring: Bought Sansa Clip Zip, Sony E Series Walkman, Schiit M&M Stack, and UHA-6S.MKII

Summer: Sold the Walkman and Schiit Magni. Bought AK100.

Fall: Sansa Clip Zip broke. Bought the Sansa Fuze v1.

Winter: Bought the AK10.

 

Whoa. I should sum up the price to see how much $ came/went over this year.

WOW! That's a lot of $! D:

post #462 of 583

Haha my list is quite extensive too... I think i'd rather not add up the amount of money I've spent and loss due to buying/selling xD.

post #463 of 583
Thread Starter 

Lol. I gave up. I just keep telling myself: "at least I sell unused things and buy gears used."

This is magic of head-fi.

post #464 of 583
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegunner100 View Post
 

Haha my list is quite extensive too... I think i'd rather not add up the amount of money I've spent and loss due to buying/selling xD.

Jimmy, when did you get a gungnir? Your rig changed a lot!

post #465 of 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post
 

Jimmy, when did you get a gungnir? Your rig changed a lot!

Mmm, I got it about 1.5 weeks ago. At first I didn't like how it sounded, but now it's more tolerable. It honestly wasn't worth the extra money over the nfb-10es2. I spent yesterday 2 hours comparing the two dacs using a radioshack RCA switchbox w/ asio4all so that I could quickly A/B the two. I honestly didn't notice the different between the two with at least half of the tracks that I tried at first. But then I found an absolute difference in one of my test tracks. After that, I was able to easily identify the differences in many more tracks afterwards. The gungnir is more lively sounding, and loud. It has better bass texture and rendering but at the same time, its treble is also a little bit more... splashy? Very noticeable when listening to metal or electronic music. A little bit too much energy for my liking with the hd800 and vali, but sounds VERY good with the uha-6s and uerm.

 

I also bought a Emotiva Stealth DC-1 dac/pre-amp for $500 on sale; it should arrive on Friday, just in time for my mini meet at my house on Saturday. I'm hoping that it has the technical capabilities of the Gungnir without the excessive energy. I wish it could arrive earlier for some more burn-in time, but UPS doesn't deliver on new year's eve and new year's day :(. Anyways, I am hoping to do a dac-off between the NFB-10es2, gungnir, dc-1, and concero. Best sounding dac (with my setup) with the best features will be kept, and the rest returned or sold off. A mid-range dac will do very well for a while... I don't think that I will notice much performance increase until $2k+ most likely. And even then, there's no way I can afford that as a college student. There will be a master 7 at my meet, so I will determine if it's remotely worth it over the mid-range dacs.

 

Here's the list of gear that will be at my meet, assuming everyone makes it. Things that I own are noted with a asterisk *

 

 

Headphones:

2x HD600 (One silver driver version, one black driver version)*

2x HD800 (Anax 2.0)*

UERMs*

Sennheiser amperiors

DT990/600

ATH-W1000x

ath-w3000anv,

esw11

es7000 woodie mod

TH600

AH-D600

Sony MDR-1R

Mad Dogs

 

 

Amps:

2x Schiit Vali*

Schiit Magni

NFB-10es2*

UHA-6s mkii (ADA427)*

Little Dot MK III

Aune T1

ALO continental

DNA Stratus

 

 

Dacs:

NFB-10es2*

Schiit Gungnir*

Emotiva Stealth DC-1*

2x Schiit Modi

Aune T1

Audio-gd Master 7

ODAC

Resonessence Labs Concero


Edited by thegunner100 - 12/30/13 at 6:16am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Story of a New Reviewer: kimvictor