- 3,183 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Pennsylvania
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Sennheiser Momentum In ear Last post on Today at 11:59 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser Momentum on-ear vs over-ear? Last post on 9/13/14 at 8:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Momentum over ear sharp "S" sound Last post on 9/14/14 at 7:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser momentum or Beyerdynamic DT 880 Last post on 6/11/14 at 10:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum (On ear vs Over ear) Help Last post on 5/22/14 at 7:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions - Page 15
Gear mentioned in this thread:
p3 is less detailed compared to moe
p3 has laid back sound
bass benifits with moe
vocals benifit with p3
treble is good on moe
moe is not neutral.. its brighter one with extended punchy bass without crazy recessed mids
moe is also avalable @ $200
p7 is wayyy better sounding one
Edited by hema - 1/13/14 at 5:53am
given a choice between moe and p7, which wld be the winner hands down considering all aspects like mids, treble, soundstage, bass, etc?
which of these can be easily driven without amp source being ipod,ipad?
I wouldn't say that the MOE really needs an amp to shine, like most headphones it does better with an amp IF the source is not able to deliver the maximum load of 200mw the P7 with a max load of only 50mw has surely an advantage here. But again, it depends on your source, the momentum was build with a remote for an iPhone, it can be driven just fine with it 18 Ohm vs. 22 Ohm on the P7. If you use other phones, it really depends on how powerful their internal amps are.
Just scored a pair of these for almost half off.
As background, I'm an audiophile wannabe but not an audiophile purist, ie, I want the best sound possible but don't feel it necessary to keep buying gear to get to that final 10/10th. As such, over last few years I've built a nice stereo rig for playing vinyl, with some digital source material. Playing classic rock, I'm 56, though have some Silversun Pickups and Porcupine Tree mixed in, 50's/60's jazz and a little classical.
Looks like living on the road till end of year for 2 projects, 1 near Pitt and other near White Plains NY. So need to start digitizing my vinyl and building a library for playing thru portable headphone based rig. Just bought the Momentum On-Ear cans as a start. Next need a portable headphone amp and dac.
Decided to pick these up, tired of lugging around amps and having huge headphones around my neck all the time. Plus I accidentally broke my Beyerdynamic DT990s so I used that as an excuse to myself to buy a new set of cans.
Too me they sound like a very refined pair of Beats. They have pretty nice style to them, emphasized bass. Every part of the music seems to still come through the bass. The treble isn't sharp which is a nice change from my two pairs of Beyers. Seem decently comfortable for being an On-Ear.
Still I feel a lot of the cost went towards materials and less toward sound. Don't get me wrong they sound great but I'd much rather see these priced at the $150-175 mark.
Bonus: you can slide an HD-5x8 cable into the socket (it won't twist lock though) so I can choose a few different cables.
Edited by TsukiNick - 2/7/14 at 3:29pm
I purchased a set of the Ivory for my wife over the holiday's. She uses them mostly at the gym, today she asked if there are replacement pads available. I checked Senn site but did not see any, sites a little convoluted. Anyone have a link or even know if there available? thx in advance.
- Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Amp recommendations for Fostex TH900? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z1 Compact 3 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 4 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 9 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 12 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)