- 3,100 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Pennsylvania
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser Momentum on-ear vs over-ear? Last post on 7/28/14 at 8:49pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Momentum over ear sharp "S" sound Last post on 6/9/14 at 12:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser momentum or Beyerdynamic DT 880 Last post on 6/11/14 at 10:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum (On ear vs Over ear) Help Last post on 5/22/14 at 7:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Official/ New York Spring Meet Sat April 5 2014 - Impressions Thread Last post on 7/3/14 at 11:20am in Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions - Page 15
Gear mentioned in this thread:
p3 is less detailed compared to moe
p3 has laid back sound
bass benifits with moe
vocals benifit with p3
treble is good on moe
moe is not neutral.. its brighter one with extended punchy bass without crazy recessed mids
moe is also avalable @ $200
p7 is wayyy better sounding one
Edited by hema - 1/13/14 at 5:53am
given a choice between moe and p7, which wld be the winner hands down considering all aspects like mids, treble, soundstage, bass, etc?
which of these can be easily driven without amp source being ipod,ipad?
I wouldn't say that the MOE really needs an amp to shine, like most headphones it does better with an amp IF the source is not able to deliver the maximum load of 200mw the P7 with a max load of only 50mw has surely an advantage here. But again, it depends on your source, the momentum was build with a remote for an iPhone, it can be driven just fine with it 18 Ohm vs. 22 Ohm on the P7. If you use other phones, it really depends on how powerful their internal amps are.
Just scored a pair of these for almost half off.
As background, I'm an audiophile wannabe but not an audiophile purist, ie, I want the best sound possible but don't feel it necessary to keep buying gear to get to that final 10/10th. As such, over last few years I've built a nice stereo rig for playing vinyl, with some digital source material. Playing classic rock, I'm 56, though have some Silversun Pickups and Porcupine Tree mixed in, 50's/60's jazz and a little classical.
Looks like living on the road till end of year for 2 projects, 1 near Pitt and other near White Plains NY. So need to start digitizing my vinyl and building a library for playing thru portable headphone based rig. Just bought the Momentum On-Ear cans as a start. Next need a portable headphone amp and dac.
Decided to pick these up, tired of lugging around amps and having huge headphones around my neck all the time. Plus I accidentally broke my Beyerdynamic DT990s so I used that as an excuse to myself to buy a new set of cans.
Too me they sound like a very refined pair of Beats. They have pretty nice style to them, emphasized bass. Every part of the music seems to still come through the bass. The treble isn't sharp which is a nice change from my two pairs of Beyers. Seem decently comfortable for being an On-Ear.
Still I feel a lot of the cost went towards materials and less toward sound. Don't get me wrong they sound great but I'd much rather see these priced at the $150-175 mark.
Bonus: you can slide an HD-5x8 cable into the socket (it won't twist lock though) so I can choose a few different cables.
Edited by TsukiNick - 2/7/14 at 3:29pm
I purchased a set of the Ivory for my wife over the holiday's. She uses them mostly at the gym, today she asked if there are replacement pads available. I checked Senn site but did not see any, sites a little convoluted. Anyone have a link or even know if there available? thx in advance.
- Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › IC: Mint Audeze LCD-2.2 Rosewood with Schiit UBER RCA + USB Gen 2... 16 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 52 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE60 Review and Impressions Thread ~ 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 5 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 5 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 7 minutes ago
- › High-End Budget Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Baldoor etc) and Earbud... 8 minutes ago
- › What amp to get for the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pros? 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)