- 3,194 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Pennsylvania
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Sennheiser Momentum In ear Last post on 12/19/14 at 11:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser Momentum on-ear vs over-ear? Last post on 9/13/14 at 8:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Momentum over ear sharp "S" sound Last post on 9/14/14 at 7:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser momentum or Beyerdynamic DT 880 Last post on 6/11/14 at 10:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum (On ear vs Over ear) Help Last post on 5/22/14 at 7:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions - Page 15
Gear mentioned in this thread:
p3 is less detailed compared to moe
p3 has laid back sound
bass benifits with moe
vocals benifit with p3
treble is good on moe
moe is not neutral.. its brighter one with extended punchy bass without crazy recessed mids
moe is also avalable @ $200
p7 is wayyy better sounding one
Edited by hema - 1/13/14 at 5:53am
given a choice between moe and p7, which wld be the winner hands down considering all aspects like mids, treble, soundstage, bass, etc?
which of these can be easily driven without amp source being ipod,ipad?
I wouldn't say that the MOE really needs an amp to shine, like most headphones it does better with an amp IF the source is not able to deliver the maximum load of 200mw the P7 with a max load of only 50mw has surely an advantage here. But again, it depends on your source, the momentum was build with a remote for an iPhone, it can be driven just fine with it 18 Ohm vs. 22 Ohm on the P7. If you use other phones, it really depends on how powerful their internal amps are.
Just scored a pair of these for almost half off.
As background, I'm an audiophile wannabe but not an audiophile purist, ie, I want the best sound possible but don't feel it necessary to keep buying gear to get to that final 10/10th. As such, over last few years I've built a nice stereo rig for playing vinyl, with some digital source material. Playing classic rock, I'm 56, though have some Silversun Pickups and Porcupine Tree mixed in, 50's/60's jazz and a little classical.
Looks like living on the road till end of year for 2 projects, 1 near Pitt and other near White Plains NY. So need to start digitizing my vinyl and building a library for playing thru portable headphone based rig. Just bought the Momentum On-Ear cans as a start. Next need a portable headphone amp and dac.
Decided to pick these up, tired of lugging around amps and having huge headphones around my neck all the time. Plus I accidentally broke my Beyerdynamic DT990s so I used that as an excuse to myself to buy a new set of cans.
Too me they sound like a very refined pair of Beats. They have pretty nice style to them, emphasized bass. Every part of the music seems to still come through the bass. The treble isn't sharp which is a nice change from my two pairs of Beyers. Seem decently comfortable for being an On-Ear.
Still I feel a lot of the cost went towards materials and less toward sound. Don't get me wrong they sound great but I'd much rather see these priced at the $150-175 mark.
Bonus: you can slide an HD-5x8 cable into the socket (it won't twist lock though) so I can choose a few different cables.
Edited by TsukiNick - 2/7/14 at 3:29pm
I purchased a set of the Ivory for my wife over the holiday's. She uses them mostly at the gym, today she asked if there are replacement pads available. I checked Senn site but did not see any, sites a little convoluted. Anyone have a link or even know if there available? thx in advance.
- Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 11 seconds ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 1 minute ago
- › Bakoon HPA-21 headphone amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Platinum SHM-CDs 2 minutes ago
- › Newby saying hi 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › New Audio Technica Limited Edition Woodies: ATH-ESW9LTD!! 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 6 minutes ago
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)