- 2,862 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Pennsylvania
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Dac/Amp for Momentums? Last post on 2/25/14 at 7:58am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser Momentum Over-Ear Black - As New Last post on 2/14/14 at 11:10pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Sennheiser Momentum, does it need a Headphone Amp? Last post on 2/2/14 at 10:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- On a search for high end headphones V-MODA M-100? Senn. Momentums? ATH M-50x? Last post on 2/3/14 at 10:31am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Please help me find the right setup Last post on 1/12/14 at 9:02am in Computer Audio
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
I am going to keep this short. SOURCE: Cowon C2 320 Kbps Mp3 and Flac files. GOOD: - Fits my ear properly. I am sure, whatever i do, they won't fall off. - Isolation, is...
Welcome to another review , today we have the J46BT IEM by JBL I will have a video review linked to this review soon but ...that's the future , this IEM was quite interesting since its...
Nothing is perfect & these earbuds are certainly a compromise. None the less, they are not too bright, not too boomy, not too recessed, & not too expensive. The sound is overall rich & smooth;...
I bought these to replace my Sennheiser HD25-I as they were quite uncomfortable to use for extended periods of time. Whilst these are incredibly comfortable, the sound isn't something I'm used...
Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions - Page 15post #211 of 2341/11/14 at 6:28pmDt1350 is closer to those.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #212 of 2341/11/14 at 8:19pmpost #213 of 2341/12/14 at 1:10amThanks folks. I kinda suspected the MOE's wouldn't do the job as they're closed back cans. Hmm, perhaps Grado SR80i's might be the direction I need to go in. Or IEM's maybe but that's a minefield of choice.post #214 of 2341/12/14 at 6:16ampost #215 of 2341/13/14 at 4:43ampost #216 of 2341/13/14 at 5:14ampost #217 of 2341/13/14 at 5:50am
p3 is less detailed compared to moe
p3 has laid back sound
bass benifits with moe
vocals benifit with p3
treble is good on moe
moe is not neutral.. its brighter one with extended punchy bass without crazy recessed mids
moe is also avalable @ $200
p7 is wayyy better sounding one
Edited by hema - 1/13/14 at 5:53ampost #218 of 2341/13/14 at 1:49pm
given a choice between moe and p7, which wld be the winner hands down considering all aspects like mids, treble, soundstage, bass, etc?
which of these can be easily driven without amp source being ipod,ipad?post #219 of 2341/17/14 at 3:24ampost #220 of 2341/17/14 at 9:27am
I wouldn't say that the MOE really needs an amp to shine, like most headphones it does better with an amp IF the source is not able to deliver the maximum load of 200mw the P7 with a max load of only 50mw has surely an advantage here. But again, it depends on your source, the momentum was build with a remote for an iPhone, it can be driven just fine with it 18 Ohm vs. 22 Ohm on the P7. If you use other phones, it really depends on how powerful their internal amps are.post #221 of 2341/17/14 at 9:33ampost #222 of 2341/18/14 at 5:23am
Just scored a pair of these for almost half off.
As background, I'm an audiophile wannabe but not an audiophile purist, ie, I want the best sound possible but don't feel it necessary to keep buying gear to get to that final 10/10th. As such, over last few years I've built a nice stereo rig for playing vinyl, with some digital source material. Playing classic rock, I'm 56, though have some Silversun Pickups and Porcupine Tree mixed in, 50's/60's jazz and a little classical.
Looks like living on the road till end of year for 2 projects, 1 near Pitt and other near White Plains NY. So need to start digitizing my vinyl and building a library for playing thru portable headphone based rig. Just bought the Momentum On-Ear cans as a start. Next need a portable headphone amp and dac.
Genepost #223 of 2341/27/14 at 5:22ami don't know what the price in your country , but in my country moe price and p7 price is a big different around 200us , it is a reasonable that p7 needs to be better , also p7 is more easy drive compare to moe , if with a amp , p7 is still better but not moe was not very far away, everyone listen to different artist , we can't actually direct compare because different songs , players , cables....a lot of different variables , some people maybe being too offensive , saying that headphone sucks , worse than a 50us headphone. try your own always the best choice to undsrstand the earphonepost #224 of 2342/7/14 at 3:26pm
Decided to pick these up, tired of lugging around amps and having huge headphones around my neck all the time. Plus I accidentally broke my Beyerdynamic DT990s so I used that as an excuse to myself to buy a new set of cans.
Too me they sound like a very refined pair of Beats. They have pretty nice style to them, emphasized bass. Every part of the music seems to still come through the bass. The treble isn't sharp which is a nice change from my two pairs of Beyers. Seem decently comfortable for being an On-Ear.
Still I feel a lot of the cost went towards materials and less toward sound. Don't get me wrong they sound great but I'd much rather see these priced at the $150-175 mark.
Bonus: you can slide an HD-5x8 cable into the socket (it won't twist lock though) so I can choose a few different cables.
Edited by TsukiNick - 2/7/14 at 3:29pmpost #225 of 2342/8/14 at 8:58pm
I purchased a set of the Ivory for my wife over the holiday's. She uses them mostly at the gym, today she asked if there are replacement pads available. I checked Senn site but did not see any, sites a little convoluted. Anyone have a link or even know if there available? thx in advance.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 46 seconds ago
- › Help me upgrade from my Audio-Technica ATH-A700 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › KEF M500 versus Martin Logan Mikros 90 2 minutes ago
- › RWAK100 (Astell & Kern AK100 with Redwine Audio mod) + Genuine... 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Do I need a DAC? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ Appreciation thread. Opinions, reviews,... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude