- 3,197 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Pennsylvania
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser CES 2015 Last post on 1/8/15 at 11:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Sennheiser Momentum In ear Last post on Today at 5:37 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser Momentum on-ear vs over-ear? Last post on 9/13/14 at 8:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Momentum over ear sharp "S" sound Last post on 9/14/14 at 7:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser momentum or Beyerdynamic DT 880 Last post on 6/11/14 at 10:39am in Headphones (full-size)
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
First of all the reason I rate the SE215 5/5* is primarily because of the value it presents under the $100 mark. You will be extremely hard pressed to find a pair of IEMs at this price considering...
Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions - Page 15
Gear mentioned in this thread:
p3 is less detailed compared to moe
p3 has laid back sound
bass benifits with moe
vocals benifit with p3
treble is good on moe
moe is not neutral.. its brighter one with extended punchy bass without crazy recessed mids
moe is also avalable @ $200
p7 is wayyy better sounding one
Edited by hema - 1/13/14 at 5:53am
given a choice between moe and p7, which wld be the winner hands down considering all aspects like mids, treble, soundstage, bass, etc?
which of these can be easily driven without amp source being ipod,ipad?
I wouldn't say that the MOE really needs an amp to shine, like most headphones it does better with an amp IF the source is not able to deliver the maximum load of 200mw the P7 with a max load of only 50mw has surely an advantage here. But again, it depends on your source, the momentum was build with a remote for an iPhone, it can be driven just fine with it 18 Ohm vs. 22 Ohm on the P7. If you use other phones, it really depends on how powerful their internal amps are.
Just scored a pair of these for almost half off.
As background, I'm an audiophile wannabe but not an audiophile purist, ie, I want the best sound possible but don't feel it necessary to keep buying gear to get to that final 10/10th. As such, over last few years I've built a nice stereo rig for playing vinyl, with some digital source material. Playing classic rock, I'm 56, though have some Silversun Pickups and Porcupine Tree mixed in, 50's/60's jazz and a little classical.
Looks like living on the road till end of year for 2 projects, 1 near Pitt and other near White Plains NY. So need to start digitizing my vinyl and building a library for playing thru portable headphone based rig. Just bought the Momentum On-Ear cans as a start. Next need a portable headphone amp and dac.
Decided to pick these up, tired of lugging around amps and having huge headphones around my neck all the time. Plus I accidentally broke my Beyerdynamic DT990s so I used that as an excuse to myself to buy a new set of cans.
Too me they sound like a very refined pair of Beats. They have pretty nice style to them, emphasized bass. Every part of the music seems to still come through the bass. The treble isn't sharp which is a nice change from my two pairs of Beyers. Seem decently comfortable for being an On-Ear.
Still I feel a lot of the cost went towards materials and less toward sound. Don't get me wrong they sound great but I'd much rather see these priced at the $150-175 mark.
Bonus: you can slide an HD-5x8 cable into the socket (it won't twist lock though) so I can choose a few different cables.
Edited by TsukiNick - 2/7/14 at 3:29pm
I purchased a set of the Ivory for my wife over the holiday's. She uses them mostly at the gym, today she asked if there are replacement pads available. I checked Senn site but did not see any, sites a little convoluted. Anyone have a link or even know if there available? thx in advance.
- Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Appreciation & Impressions Thread 50 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 50 seconds ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 3 minutes ago
- › California Headphones Silverado impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Onkyo HA-300 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › New Audeze "Prototype-Z"! 7 minutes ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 7 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears balanced cable 9 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 11 minutes ago
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3