- 84 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: hk
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser CES 2015 Last post on 1/8/15 at 11:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Sennheiser Momentum In ear Last post on 6/24/15 at 5:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser Momentum on-ear vs over-ear? Last post on 9/13/14 at 8:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Momentum over ear sharp "S" sound Last post on 9/14/14 at 7:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser momentum or Beyerdynamic DT 880 Last post on 6/11/14 at 10:39am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 6/30/15
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
I originally bought these after my earphones that came with my phone broke. After receiving these I was extremely pleased with the bass: it was boomy, punchy and felt powerful. These were also very...
I am an amateur recording engineer that mainly uses a laptop pc on location with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. The bus power is no doubt as noisy as a baby with a full diaper that's up way past...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions - Page 11
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What an absolutely cracking pair of headphones these on ear Momentums are! I've tried the original Momentums, AKG 550, AKG 451, Sony MDR 1R, Sennheiser Amperior, and Beyerdynamic DT1350 and I think these provide the clearest sound of all along with excellent comfort. Should be my final purchase of portable headphones with a bit of luck.
I've had the Momentum On Ears for a week now. They are paired to a FIIO E17 and my Galaxy S4. So far, I really like this set. They look amazing, have nice bass and crisp treble. NOW, I do have to tone down the bass a bit with Power Amp's EQ, but that is an easy fix. Especially since I like tweaking the sound depending on what I'm listening to. I listen to everything from Jay Z to Esperanda Spalding to classic Salsa and Latin Jazz. Love me some Johnny Cash too. LOL So my range of music is all over the place depending on my mood.
For comparison's sake, I have the B&W P5 and the Onkyo ES--HF300. I love my P5 because they are REALLY nice looking (in my opinion) extremely comfortable, have a great seal on my ears, and sound pretty good with some tweaking. Bass is actually cleaner and deeper in my opinion than on the Momentum on Ears. The Onkyo set sounds fantatastic with great highs, mids, and lows, BUT they are too big for commuting-in my opinion. They are a little uncomfortable to me and leave my right ear hurting after a half hour or so. These are actually going back to B&H today. After 2 weeks, I couldn't get them to fit right.
The Momentums are a keeper at this point. I'm happy overall with them. And the tweaking of the bass to suit my choice of tunes on any given day doesn't bother me, and I actually enjoy it.
Finally picked myself up a Sennheiser momentum on-ear for $80 :P
So far my impressions are... they are probably the MOST comfortable on-ear headphone I have ever used... I guess this is due to the earpads being super soft.
However, the sound signature is not something I prefer... its too bassy and loose sounding and they don't isolate too well.
But overall, its not a bad sounding headphone, Im sure someone would appreciate this sound signature!
Momentum On-ear has answered the demand of what most people like, Bass. yes, the bass quality in On-ear is superb and excelllent for portable use as an average person but the crisp of overall mids and highs is still well-preserved. However, the boosted Bass might be suitable for Hip Hop, Modern music. Note that I think it is not suitable for Classical and Jazz or even some pop music, No way.
How would you compare the momentum on-ear to something like dt1350 or hd25?? Curious about this comparison..
Was hoping for some feedback on these. Xmas is coming up and I was considering getting a pair of Pink Momentum On-Ear for my girl. She's mostly into pop and some Brit rock. She's not really into hi-fi, but it bothers me when I see her using mediocre earbuds. These worth the cost? How's the SQ compare to the over ears? Anything I should be weary of, build quality and the such? Any other headphones I should be considering?
The bass is not very tight, kind of loose sounding with a lot of depth and warm
But the dt1350 goes sooooo low
If you still own the pair, listen to Tiesto - Fresh Fruit. At around 2:30 to see how low these go. Enjoy!
- Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 17 seconds ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 33 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Hello and HELP! 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Appreciation/Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)