- 84 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: hk
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser CES 2015 Last post on 1/8/15 at 11:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Sennheiser Momentum In ear Last post on Yesterday at 4:51 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser Momentum on-ear vs over-ear? Last post on 9/13/14 at 8:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Momentum over ear sharp "S" sound Last post on 9/14/14 at 7:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser momentum or Beyerdynamic DT 880 Last post on 6/11/14 at 10:39am in Headphones (full-size)
I have typed up this review @audio-technica.com a few months back and I thought I should also put it here. First, I would like to apologize for my very vague description of the sound (and...
Just to be clear - this is a small portable speaker. So when I talk about bass, sound clarity and what not - keep that in mind. You can't compare it desktop speakers - No wait, you...
Sound Signature. If I were to describe this cans, the V shape would be fitting, but it is just a moderate V shape, nothing overly pronounced but not flat by any means. Bass. This is where the...
After spending some time auditioning and researching I've finally found that illusive nirvana, the perfect mix of price, design and sound for me. I wanted a DAC minus the frills. As a HD800...
I have felt compelled to attempt my first review after recently building Bottleheads premium diy headphone amplifier offering the Bottlehead Mainline. I have built a few of their kits now and...
Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions - Page 11
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What an absolutely cracking pair of headphones these on ear Momentums are! I've tried the original Momentums, AKG 550, AKG 451, Sony MDR 1R, Sennheiser Amperior, and Beyerdynamic DT1350 and I think these provide the clearest sound of all along with excellent comfort. Should be my final purchase of portable headphones with a bit of luck.
I've had the Momentum On Ears for a week now. They are paired to a FIIO E17 and my Galaxy S4. So far, I really like this set. They look amazing, have nice bass and crisp treble. NOW, I do have to tone down the bass a bit with Power Amp's EQ, but that is an easy fix. Especially since I like tweaking the sound depending on what I'm listening to. I listen to everything from Jay Z to Esperanda Spalding to classic Salsa and Latin Jazz. Love me some Johnny Cash too. LOL So my range of music is all over the place depending on my mood.
For comparison's sake, I have the B&W P5 and the Onkyo ES--HF300. I love my P5 because they are REALLY nice looking (in my opinion) extremely comfortable, have a great seal on my ears, and sound pretty good with some tweaking. Bass is actually cleaner and deeper in my opinion than on the Momentum on Ears. The Onkyo set sounds fantatastic with great highs, mids, and lows, BUT they are too big for commuting-in my opinion. They are a little uncomfortable to me and leave my right ear hurting after a half hour or so. These are actually going back to B&H today. After 2 weeks, I couldn't get them to fit right.
The Momentums are a keeper at this point. I'm happy overall with them. And the tweaking of the bass to suit my choice of tunes on any given day doesn't bother me, and I actually enjoy it.
Finally picked myself up a Sennheiser momentum on-ear for $80 :P
So far my impressions are... they are probably the MOST comfortable on-ear headphone I have ever used... I guess this is due to the earpads being super soft.
However, the sound signature is not something I prefer... its too bassy and loose sounding and they don't isolate too well.
But overall, its not a bad sounding headphone, Im sure someone would appreciate this sound signature!
Momentum On-ear has answered the demand of what most people like, Bass. yes, the bass quality in On-ear is superb and excelllent for portable use as an average person but the crisp of overall mids and highs is still well-preserved. However, the boosted Bass might be suitable for Hip Hop, Modern music. Note that I think it is not suitable for Classical and Jazz or even some pop music, No way.
How would you compare the momentum on-ear to something like dt1350 or hd25?? Curious about this comparison..
Was hoping for some feedback on these. Xmas is coming up and I was considering getting a pair of Pink Momentum On-Ear for my girl. She's mostly into pop and some Brit rock. She's not really into hi-fi, but it bothers me when I see her using mediocre earbuds. These worth the cost? How's the SQ compare to the over ears? Anything I should be weary of, build quality and the such? Any other headphones I should be considering?
The bass is not very tight, kind of loose sounding with a lot of depth and warm
But the dt1350 goes sooooo low
If you still own the pair, listen to Tiesto - Fresh Fruit. At around 2:30 to see how low these go. Enjoy!
- Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 12 seconds ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 15 seconds ago
- › The Best audiophile tracks to test equipment 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Luxury & Precision L5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player with... 4 minutes ago
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition is The Best AK 240 Ever Made like... 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Fitear (Fujiya Avic) F111 IEM's 6 minutes ago
- › Best ~$60 Closed Headphone? 6 minutes ago
- › EarSonics S-EM6 Six driver universal IEM 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by Feilong4
- › Sony SRSX3 Portable NFC Bluetooth Wireless Speaker (Black) with... by xlordvader
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by MCouary
- › Arcam irDAC Audiophile Grade Digital to Analog Converter by cub3
- › Bottlehead Mainline by JamieMcC
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by viperxp
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi® Matrix2 AF62 Stereo Bluetooth®... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Headphone Amplifier by mark2410
- › Topping VX1 2x25W Hi-Fi Power Stereo Subwoofer Amplifier... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2