I was really surprised by the resilience of the headphone band when Daniel Sennheiser flattened them. So I tried it with my Momentum headband. Now they're not quite as tight on my ears. So, if they fit you perfectly, I recommend you don't try flattening them. But they're a little more comfortable for me now. Changes the equation a little...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser Momentum (On ear vs Over ear) Help Last post on 4/14/14 at 7:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Official/ New York Spring Meet Sat April 5 2014 - Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 12:19 pm in Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours
- ATH-M50x vs AKG K545 vs Sennheiser Momentum Last post on 3/29/14 at 5:02pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Portable Dac/Amp for Momentums? Last post on 2/25/14 at 7:58am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser Momentum Over-Ear Black - As New Last post on 2/14/14 at 11:10pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 2689/13/13 at 8:47pm
I got a review unit from Sennheiser couple of days ago and I can't help but find it a bit bright (had less than 10 hours of listening though). I was never able to listen to the original Momentum so I cannot really compare. I find it mildly V-shaped but with midrange being of excellent quality. The treble is a bit splashy and it becomes prominent when listening to treble-happy audio tracks. I like the headphone as it doesn't sound as closed as say DT1350, however isolation isn't that good.
The earpads are just very good, very comfortable. And it looks good that I started searching for clothes that would fit the headphone being on my head. lolpost #123 of 2689/14/13 at 10:39amQuote:Originally Posted by Phredd
Based on suggestions here, I just tried the V-Moda M80 and I did not like them at all, especially compared to the Momentum On Ear. I also just bought the Momentum full - again - and I love the sound, definitely a step up above the On Ear, but I'm grappling with the discomfort. The pads are super soft, but they don't place well on my ears. I take them off after an hour and it's such a relief! I tried Bose again as recently as last year. I had previously owned the first two generations of the QC headphones. I never enjoyed them for classical. I prefer the HD598 for classical. I'm leaning towards the Momentum On Ear for portables including walking around the house and watching movies with my Sony goggles, and the HD598 for home relaxing in my Lazboy. Except for classical, I think I prefer the Momentum full over the HD598. Maybe I just need to find a larger more comfortable close pair for non-classical music.
I would be extremely interested in a comparison between the full size momentums and the HD598 as I'm standing between these 2 for use at home. As I won't be investing in any sort of headphone amplification any time soon, I would love to get an easy to drive set with sound as good as it gets for that price range and considering my musical preferences.post #124 of 2689/16/13 at 11:12amHere are my "final" impressions of the Momentum On-Ear. Considering that they're small portables, they sound excellent. I stopped trying to do A/B comparisons with other headphones and just spent a lot of time with just these to see how I like them on their own. I won't argue whether the headphones have burned in or if I just got used to them, but I like them a lot! They're a tad heavy on the bass, but not overpowering. For a lot of music, I like these better than my headphones that have too little bass. They're also a little bright, but not in a bad way. I think I prefer these highs over the full Momentum. It's just a matter of preference if you prefer bright or mellow or what you're listening to. I have full size headphones for when I want mellow. These are also extremely comfortable. I can't quite forget I'm wearing them as I can with the HD238i, but close. These are great portable headphones and comfortable enough for long-term listening. They're small enough to pack and to use over video goggles or in bed without feeling them pushing.Quote:Originally Posted by G_T_J
I would be extremely interested in a comparison between the full size momentums and the HD598 as I'm standing between these 2 for use at home. As I won't be investing in any sort of headphone amplification any time soon, I would love to get an easy to drive set with sound as good as it gets for that price range and considering my musical preferences.
I don't want to get too far off topic, but briefly the advantages of the HD598 over the full Momentum: airy, better sound stage, very very comfortable; the advantages of the Momentum: more bass, more impact, better looking, better build, portable, iPhone remote and mic. Overall, I find the HD598 more pleasant with enough bass and overall very clear.post #125 of 2689/16/13 at 12:51pm
I also still like them. on my android phone I can hold the middle button and it activates google now and I say "play song name or artist name" and it starts spotify and not sure I could get better sound from just a phone (comparable to a sound system in a car).
stereo thing is great, never understood it but now i do.. overly it's great sound without the "happy" stuff.. the stuff that seems like to make it sound better but actually just hurts your head in the end and makes you switch music anywayspost #126 of 2689/22/13 at 1:08pm
since I would be probably most "listener" of this headphones(being so portable does it's job), I would update there is "breaking period", the roughness is gone(bass is there), so I would suggest trying out already "used" ones..post #127 of 26810/1/13 at 9:59pm
i got mine
i like the instrument separation
my klipsch image s4 let me hear little sounds never heard before
these cans gone a bit further with excellent instrument separation
bass is just right(i like low end)
lossless sounds smooth and clear than mp3post #128 of 26810/3/13 at 8:07pm
I was on a mission today to try out some Sennheiser Momentums at my local audio supplies shop.
It's true, everything everyone is saying (I'm a believer HALLELUJAH) It's really a beautiful set of headphones with the exact type of sound I was looking for with all of the comfort I need for my lifestyle, but the beauty of these headphones just left me with more questions.
The big question is now,
What is the difference between the sound of the classic Momentums and their brand new On-Ear Momentums?
Has anyone listened to both? Are the on-ears comparable to the originals? Is there a BIG difference? Are the on-ears more comfortable because they are lighter weight than the larger size?
The originals will cost me around $311 and the On-ears will be about $230.
I know the original Momentums are worth the price, but what about the on-ears? Which is a better investment in your opinion? I don't record or dj or mix. It would just be for my personal listening pleasure, but I'm sick of settling for the sound quality of "the average consumer"
I've heard the best and now I want it.
Thank you so much for your input
-Carlipost #129 of 26810/3/13 at 8:35pm
Go back to the first 2 pages of this thread and you'll see all the discussion about the 2 versions. Basically:
the originals have bigger earcups, have better clarity. the on ears version have a more pronounced v shape and quite a lot more bass. Some people may find the on ears to be a little more comfortable despite the fact that it is smaller.
Personally as stated before I still prefer the original sound and since my ears are slightly smaller, the original momentums fit me like over ears. It all comes down to preference but i would pay for the extra cashpost #130 of 26810/3/13 at 8:50pmpost #131 of 26810/4/13 at 4:07pmpost #132 of 26810/4/13 at 4:20pmpost #133 of 26810/4/13 at 4:33pm
Quote:yet I can honestly detect underneath all that tonal coloring is a rather well constructed driver that has simply been put in one singular direction
it has great sound, and I listened and enjoyed all the songs I wanted.post #134 of 26810/4/13 at 4:44pmpost #135 of 26810/4/13 at 4:49pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › MA750,DN1000 or M200 for the road 1 second ago
- › Balanced cables for normal IEMs? 43 seconds ago
- › Which DAC to get for my HD650 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 4 minutes ago
- › TDK IE800 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 6 minutes ago
- › iFi products Discussion Thread iTUBE will be out soon!! 7 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 7 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob