Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › beyerdynamic A 20 amp
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

beyerdynamic A 20 amp

post #1 of 37
Thread Starter 

I am surprised that I couldn't find a thread on this with the search.  

 

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/at-home/headphones-amps/a-20.html

 

 

Reply
post #2 of 37

Interesting price range , can't wait for reviews :D

post #3 of 37
Thread Starter 

I bought one at a very low price, but the seller realized the pricing mistake and canceled the order. :(

Reply
post #4 of 37

Hmm...only 100 mW output power into 600 ohm? I guess Beyer doesn't want it to power the T1 properly.

post #5 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbigpr View Post

Hmm...only 100 mW output power into 600 ohm? I guess Beyer doesn't want it to power the T1 properly.

 

That would be a job for the A1 amp. :)

Reply
post #6 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbigpr View Post

Hmm...only 100 mW output power into 600 ohm? I guess Beyer doesn't want it to power the T1 properly.

 

100 mW is more than enough to sound extremly loud  with T1 ... . If beyer say that it's also suitable for 600 ohms phones i think that they know what they are doing and it will drive T1 "properly" .

 

And note that A1 also deliver "only" 100 mW at 600 ohms biggrin.gif

 

more mW don't mean that it will drive it better redface.gif


Edited by HaVoC-28 - 7/28/13 at 6:49am
post #7 of 37

They make the headphones and the amp. I would think they would certainly sound great together! Why would they even think about releasing an amp with their name on it that didn't sound good on their headphones.

post #8 of 37

Hey,

 

I got one of these coming from beyer to demo down the road. And yes 100mW is more than enough, but I recommend to have at least 200mW so there's some padding and the amp won't run out of steam.

post #9 of 37

to me, this a20 amp sounded more pleasant to me than the a1(never a fan and i'm a huge beyer fan, that's enough said).  it was at the hong kong hifi show and playing the t90 and the new t51.  for the price, the representative told me it's going to be around 5000 hk dollars.  that's around 600.  not bad i think.  thinking about getting it when it comes out. 

 

 

ps, for t1.  it's other big boys' job. 

post #10 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post

I bought one at a very low price, but the seller realized the pricing mistake and canceled the order. :(

try ncix.ca they have it for $599.99 CAD.

post #11 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by i luvmusic 2 View Post

try ncix.ca they have it for $599.99 CAD.

 

The seller priced it at $199 USD, but realized the mistake before shipping. :(

Reply
post #12 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_X View Post

Hey,

 

I got one of these coming from beyer to demo down the road. And yes 100mW is more than enough, but I recommend to have at least 200mW so there's some padding and the amp won't run out of steam.

 

Let us know what you think.  If it's good, I'll get one from them too.

Reply
post #13 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post

 

Let us know what you think.  If it's good, I'll get one from them too.

sorry i'm not planning to buy this amp.

i was browsing through thier site and saw the price of the amp on sale..

post #14 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by i luvmusic 2 View Post
 

sorry i'm not planning to buy this amp.

i was browsing through thier site and saw the price of the amp on sale..

 

Heard A20/T1 combo and must say it sounds better than A1 or Alo Pan Am with T1.

post #15 of 37

I'm very interested in this amp, I may buy it soon. Anyone else have any reviews/impressions to give?

 

I'm thinking maybe its swinging a decent amount of voltage despite its relatively low power output? That seems like something that might work well for a lot of Beyer cans...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › beyerdynamic A 20 amp