Yep. I didn't like it nearly as much as the HD600. The treble was quite hot with the Schiit Modi/Magni combo that I heard it on.
Related Forum Threads
- fidelio x2 vs grado r2i vs he400 vs others(hd650,hd600,t700) HELP!!!! Last post on 8/10/15 at 10:04pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking to buy headphones, around 300. Last post on 2/9/15 at 1:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Introduction and Desktop Amp Recommendation Last post on 1/21/15 at 6:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- the return for new headphones Last post on 12/5/14 at 1:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HE 400 or Sennheiser 600? Last post on 11/21/14 at 1:34am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I was offered to review these for Brainwavz and I agreed. I am not affiliated with the company, and have no bias towards or against them. This review will be my unbiased opinion on...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
Sennheiser HD600/650 vs HiFiMan HE400 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Out of those 3 the HD650 had the most bass. I must say I enjoyed the HD600 + O2 combo the most, followed closely by the HD650 + O2 and then the HE-400 with Schiit Modi/Magni combo. The best amp for the HD6X0s was the Bottlehead Crack.
For more bass, I would definitely go for the HD650.
Ok thank you, i want a headphone that has a little bass, not to much, but i mostly listen to rap.
Maybe you should get the ODAC to go with the O2. JDS has a combo for $280 I think.
Edited by lin0003 - 7/26/13 at 8:30pm
- Sennheiser HD600/650 vs HiFiMan HE400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FXT90 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Brainwavz Jive earphones - Tuned to preform like a... 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K7xx Limited Edition -- Like New in Box 7 minutes ago
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 11 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 vs Philips Fidelio X2 vs HiFiMAN HE400S vs AKG K712 Pro 12 minutes ago
- › Binaural: Hear New York City in 3D 13 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by jasonb
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2