what would you choose?, i want a good pair of cans for at home. THANKS
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to Decide Between HD600s and HE400s Last post on 5/13/14 at 1:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I was about to upgrade to HD600, but now the HE-400 is $299. What do I do? Last post on 6/3/14 at 3:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for around $500 for Jazz Last post on 5/1/14 at 11:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Alternative to the HE400 Last post on 4/27/14 at 4:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best "Starter" Headphones? - HiFiMan HE-400 / AKG K712 / Sennheiser HD650 / ... Last post on 4/13/14 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Sennheiser HD600/650 vs HiFiMan HE400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The HE400 sounds much better amped as well.
It measures well but when I heard it, it was a bit bass light when driving the HD600 which IMO makes them even more neutral.
The Bottlehead Crack was significantly better but it costs $280 I think and you need to build it by yourself. The Matrix Portable was also very nice with the HD600 but it was a bit too dark with the HD650 for me. The Matrix is $350 in Australia and something like $320 in the US.
- Sennheiser HD600/650 vs HiFiMan HE400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 3 seconds ago
- › Name our latest soon to be released product from ROCK JAW 23 seconds ago
- › The Ear Pads Thread 1 minute ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impression and... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread 4 minutes ago
- › My friend's wife yelled at me. 4 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)