or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review: Final Audio Design Heaven VI
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: Final Audio Design Heaven VI - Page 12

post #166 of 177
I've noticed that these are very dependent on source output impedance. When using my O2 or my Cayin C5, both of which have very low output impedances (.54 and .32 respectively) the sound is more lush, and what I assume is the intended sound signature. With my OnePlus One, they take on a very trebly character with sparkling highs and less bass quantity. With my Cowon i10 the sound comes very close to the O2 and C5, just with a tad less bass quantity, so the Cowon has an output impedance of just over 2 ohms, like 2.1X. Based on the 1/8th rule, you should use a source with output impedance of 2 ohms or less, especially with these as they are balanced armatures and have impedance swings that affect the frequency response rather greatly. What sources do you guys use?
Edited by HoodedHoodlum - 3/15/16 at 2:05am
post #167 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyman View Post

^perhaps, but not fakes. i find no OEM versions of this beauty.
about quality control, well, the sellers let you try em all you want, of course your ears will know if the description from reviews fits the sound you are hearing in the said sale pair.

i saw about 3 sellers online, they say it came from UK, one said from JAPAN.

Mine say Made in Japan on the packaging.
post #168 of 177

this iem is too strong in vocals :beyersmile:

post #169 of 177

Heaven II is amazing for metal, best iv heard under £200 and it only cost £60.

 

Guitar separation is very good, bass is lightning fast and the cymbals have great decay.

 

i shall try the VII one day

post #170 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftone View Post
 

Heaven II is amazing for metal, best iv heard under £200 and it only cost £60.

 

Guitar separation is very good, bass is lightning fast and the cymbals have great decay.

 

i shall try the VII one day


vi is better than vii

post #171 of 177

oops thats what i meant VI

post #172 of 177

Agree with you... though I go to it cause of it's mids :)  really want to try out other Final Products,

Other one I've heard are Pandora IV, and A-B ing it with M70x, The AT suit my taste better with it's intimate soundstage.


Edited by Sp12er3 - 3/25/16 at 12:11pm
post #173 of 177

if you guys want an upgrade to your heaven 6, go with the 7. ;)

i have both and i find the 7 the upgrade.

same sound signature, but more better than the 6.

post #174 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyman View Post
 

if you guys want an upgrade to your heaven 6, go with the 7. ;)

i have both and i find the 7 the upgrade.

same sound signature, but more better than the 6.

no 6 is better than 7.

post #175 of 177

Has anyone tried the FAD V it is not easy to find a review and I am curious about how they compare in sound signature to the 6

post #176 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennet P View Post

Has anyone tried the FAD V it is not easy to find a review and I am curious about how they compare in sound signature to the 6
fad v is less detailed and has narrower soundstage than 6. 6 is a better iem in terms of overall. Vocals are intimate and resolving
post #177 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodedHoodlum View Post

I've noticed that these are very dependent on source output impedance. When using my O2 or my Cayin C5, both of which have very low output impedances (.54 and .32 respectively) the sound is more lush, and what I assume is the intended sound signature. With my OnePlus One, they take on a very trebly character with sparkling highs and less bass quantity. With my Cowon i10 the sound comes very close to the O2 and C5, just with a tad less bass quantity, so the Cowon has an output impedance of just over 2 ohms, like 2.1X. Based on the 1/8th rule, you should use a source with output impedance of 2 ohms or less, especially with these as they are balanced armatures and have impedance swings that affect the frequency response rather greatly. What sources do you guys use?

I agree with this. LH Labs Geek Out 100 amp+DAC has two output jacks: one with 0.47 ohm and one with 47 ohm output impedance. Heaven VI sounds very thin and trebly on the 47 ohm jack and lush on the 0.47 ohm jack. A dynamic driver IEM barely changes in terms of sound quality when I try this (the sound is louder on the 0.47 ohm jack). Connected to my laptop Heaven VI sounds thin and to my Note 4 (Exynos with Wolfram WM5110) it sounds lush.

Those who find Heaven VI too trebly or thin should try a lower output impedance source. I use Comply foam tips to avoid vacuum seal issues that could change the sound quality and comfort. I use them reversed to avoid muffling the sound or losing treble due to the foam in front of the tube.


Edited by infer - 8/5/16 at 7:24am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review: Final Audio Design Heaven VI