Previously I have built a Bottlehead Crack for my HD650, the pairing is excellent. I would like to do the same for my LCD-2s but haven't come across any threads discussing good DIY amps for this headphone - any suggestions? Has anybody tried the Mainline amplifier from Bottlehead?
Related Forum Threads
- Burson HA-160DS or Bottlehead Crack (+HRT SMII+) for Sennheiser HD 650 Last post on 6/6/14 at 2:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Compared my HD650 to the LCD2 today and found them really close! Last post on 5/28/14 at 6:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Questions about Bottlehead Crack for HD650 Last post on 5/10/14 at 11:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which $500-$1000 headphone gives biggest slam on "Sk8er Boi"? Last post on 3/26/14 at 9:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I must begin by stating I am an aspiring audiophile since I heard a HE6 connected to it's EF6 and actually was able to listen to the direction of a jazz singer's voice realtive to the microphone...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey (@Salsera) for considering me to actually review the Brainwavz S5. My deepest gratitude...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I first reviewed the original Brainwavz R3 back in December 2013, and unfortunately...
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Best DIY amplifier for LCD-2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The b22 is not expensive at all. You can build a 2 channel for less than $400 if you have the proper tools and some basic machinery (drill press, drill etc).
One could build a balanced 4 board for under 1k.
+33 to this +1. The Beta22 is not only a fun build it is pretty easy as well if you have the tools for it.
- Best DIY amplifier for LCD-2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 33 seconds ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 1 minute ago
- › Cable Recommendations for Shure SE535 (Bronze) 3 minutes ago
- › 65watt amp + Max 18watt speakers OK? 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 4 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 5 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 5 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966) 6 minutes ago
- › Samson RH600 Headphones by egosumlux
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by thatBeatsguy
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Brooko
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)