Previously I have built a Bottlehead Crack for my HD650, the pairing is excellent. I would like to do the same for my LCD-2s but haven't come across any threads discussing good DIY amps for this headphone - any suggestions? Has anybody tried the Mainline amplifier from Bottlehead?
Related Forum Threads
- Desktop DAC/HP Amp Suggestions? Last post on 10/26/13 at 2:50am in Dedicated Source Components
- Little Dot vs Bottlehead Crack vs AQ Dragonfly for HD650's? Last post on 10/26/13 at 3:28pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Dual Purpose Portable Amp. Last post on 9/13/13 at 12:38pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Interest Check: Bottlehead Crack with HD650 Package Last post on 9/9/13 at 4:41pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Good solid state amp for $500-700 Last post on 9/10/13 at 2:50pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
The 880s don't have a lot of color to themselves. They're light comfortable cans that get the job done. They are a well rounded headphone good for someone who can't quite figure out what kind of...
Best DIY amplifier for LCD-2post #1 of 77/25/13 at 6:43amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 77/25/13 at 4:37pmpost #3 of 77/26/13 at 12:33ampost #4 of 77/26/13 at 3:12amThread Starterpost #5 of 77/26/13 at 5:13amQuote:
The b22 is not expensive at all. You can build a 2 channel for less than $400 if you have the proper tools and some basic machinery (drill press, drill etc).
One could build a balanced 4 board for under 1k.post #6 of 78/2/13 at 10:30ampost #7 of 78/2/13 at 4:44pmQuote:
+33 to this +1. The Beta22 is not only a fun build it is pretty easy as well if you have the tools for it.
- Best DIY amplifier for LCD-2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 11 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Equalizer settings not functioning properly 41 seconds ago
- › Apple vs Android 2 minutes ago
- › E17 vs Aune T1 vs E12+Macbook air internal DAC for 250 ohm DT880 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum over-ear ***NEW AND UNOPENED*** 7 minutes ago
- › Does IEM Exit Hole Diameter Affect SQ? 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi