Previously I have built a Bottlehead Crack for my HD650, the pairing is excellent. I would like to do the same for my LCD-2s but haven't come across any threads discussing good DIY amps for this headphone - any suggestions? Has anybody tried the Mainline amplifier from Bottlehead?
Related Forum Threads
- Burson HA-160DS or Bottlehead Crack (+HRT SMII+) for Sennheiser HD 650 Last post on 6/6/14 at 2:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Compared my HD650 to the LCD2 today and found them really close! Last post on 5/28/14 at 6:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Questions about Bottlehead Crack for HD650 Last post on 5/10/14 at 11:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which $500-$1000 headphone gives biggest slam on "Sk8er Boi"? Last post on 3/26/14 at 9:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Best DIY amplifier for LCD-2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The b22 is not expensive at all. You can build a 2 channel for less than $400 if you have the proper tools and some basic machinery (drill press, drill etc).
One could build a balanced 4 board for under 1k.
+33 to this +1. The Beta22 is not only a fun build it is pretty easy as well if you have the tools for it.
- Best DIY amplifier for LCD-2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Struggling to decide which headphones to buy--neutral/closed back 2 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 Impressions! PICS! EVERYTHING! 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for a compact, single-box solution for the HD600?... 10 minutes ago
- › I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some... 11 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)