Previously I have built a Bottlehead Crack for my HD650, the pairing is excellent. I would like to do the same for my LCD-2s but haven't come across any threads discussing good DIY amps for this headphone - any suggestions? Has anybody tried the Mainline amplifier from Bottlehead?
Related Forum Threads
- Headband mod for those sensitive to weight on top of head? Last post on 10/25/14 at 9:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Burson HA-160DS or Bottlehead Crack (+HRT SMII+) for Sennheiser HD 650 Last post on 6/6/14 at 2:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Compared my HD650 to the LCD2 today and found them really close! Last post on 5/28/14 at 6:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Questions about Bottlehead Crack for HD650 Last post on 5/10/14 at 11:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which $500-$1000 headphone gives biggest slam on "Sk8er Boi"? Last post on 3/26/14 at 9:24am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I compared them to many other BT Headphones. A real comparison will be posted sooner or later in the "Huge Comparison" thread in the Forum. I liked them. They have personality. Warm signature,...
Well, I can't really write much more than what I wrote for the E40. They are the same in everything except that the E50 is bigger and have at least some bass. Actually, to really be honest,...
The only reason to buy these Headphones is if you want to give money to JBL in change of a big JBL logo on your head. Or if you hate Paul McCartney and want to listen to the Beatles without any...
The other reviewer said enough and in detail, so I will limit myself in giving my very brief opinion of their sound. Later on in the Forum, in the "Huge Comparison" thread, I will make a sort of...
I have tested 16 BT Headphones for weeks. I have opened a Thread about this huge comparison, on the Forum. I know that tastes are tastes. So I will never say that my opinion is "better". But...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Best DIY amplifier for LCD-2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The b22 is not expensive at all. You can build a 2 channel for less than $400 if you have the proper tools and some basic machinery (drill press, drill etc).
One could build a balanced 4 board for under 1k.
+33 to this +1. The Beta22 is not only a fun build it is pretty easy as well if you have the tools for it.
- Best DIY amplifier for LCD-2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 17 seconds ago
- › Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply) 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Fidue A31s & A63 - New contenders 2 minutes ago
- › Open vs closed headphones for particular genres? 6 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 6 minutes ago
- › [NEW] Brainwavz HM5 Pads (Different Colours / Velour / Leather) 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)