Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Should I get the Klipsch image x10?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Should I get the Klipsch image x10?

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

I wanted the klipsch image x10 as I am a bit brand loyal.  I have not had a chance to hear them but their price dropped a ton since they came out.  I was thinking about picking up a set.

 

I have the image s4i and love them. I figure the x10s would be even better.

 

Any input?

post #2 of 18

The x10 have less bass...they are more flat and neutral. At high volumes, the sounds begins to crack, hence sound very bad. They don't have a very high threshold if you ask me. I would stick with the s4.


Edited by K-MONEY - 7/23/13 at 7:10pm
post #3 of 18

I also find the s4 more consistent and fun...never get bored of them.

post #4 of 18
The X10 are better sounding with deeper reverbing bass, overall warm sounding like Grado headphones and offers very detailed mids, highs and fairly wide soundstage(highly recommended). But if you want more bassy clearer sounding IEMs then TF10Pro, GR07 are even better sounding with bigger soundstage.
post #5 of 18

The x10 do not have more bass, and I stand by that firmly. Maybe everything else is slightly improved opposed from s4, but it's not that MUCH better and noticeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawar View Post

The X10 are better sounding with deeper reverbing bass, overall warm sounding like Grado headphones and offers very detailed mids, highs and fairly wide soundstage(highly recommended). But if you want more bassy clearer sounding IEMs then TF10Pro, GR07 are even better sounding with bigger soundstage.
post #6 of 18

Just get a pair from Amazon and try it yourself, no need to listen to other people as they don't have your ears.

post #7 of 18

I liked the x10 about x10(10 times) more than than the s4 but it definitely has a lot less bass quantity than the s4. If you like the thickness of the bass on the s4, then know you won't get the same thing on the x10 before buying it.

post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc21 View Post

I liked the x10 about x10(10 times) more than than the s4 but it definitely has a lot less bass quantity than the s4. If you like the thickness of the bass on the s4, then know you won't get the same thing on the x10 before buying it.

That's an easy fix, just amp and EQ it.

post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

That's an easy fix, just amp and EQ it.

then just get the cheapest decent iem then amp it and eq it.

 

amps arent free, or maybe the op doesn't want to carry an amp.

 

eq isn't always possible....or maybe the op doesn't want to deal with eq.

post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc21 View Post

then just get the cheapest decent iem then amp it and eq it.

 

amps arent free, or maybe the op doesn't want to carry an amp.

 

eq isn't always possible....or maybe the op doesn't want to deal with eq.

True, but just look at the OP's sig and you can tell s/he already has enough gear for that.

post #11 of 18
Thread Starter 

So the bass may be weaker, but is it worth the 150 for the set?

 

I am still kind of on the fence about pulling the trigger and getting em.

post #12 of 18

No, trust me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pHEnomIC View Post

So the bass may be weaker, but is it worth the 150 for the set?

 

I am still kind of on the fence about pulling the trigger and getting em.

post #13 of 18
There's one in the for sale forum for 90
post #14 of 18

Definitely not for $150, but if you can find one for less than $90, maybe $100, then that could be ok.

post #15 of 18

To level set my answer, I tried the S4s at an airport shop and really didn't like them.  Since I picked up the $85 X10s, I've been quite satisfied, enough so to buy a back-up pair.  They're ambient, have good bass and, IMO, a nicely balanced treble.

 

Whether they'll survive a jerk on the cables is another question.  So far, I've not lost an IEM to physical damage.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Should I get the Klipsch image x10?